Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:15 PM

250 posts, read 336,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Making out is "weird crap"?
In a family-friendly setting, DUH! Even more so when the couple are gays or lesbians. HELLO?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 12:19 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshinspections View Post
In a family-friendly setting, DUH! Even more so when the couple are gays or lesbians. HELLO?!?
I hardly think a ballpark is considered a friend-family setting. Have you been to games recently? LOTS of drunk people around....maybe these families should take their kids somewhere more appropriate? Unless you've been in a cave, people know what goes on at games. It's no rated-g event.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:23 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
Well in their terms, which you agree to when you go there, it's stated that behavior has to be family friendly.

Deep tongue kissing ("making out") regardless of gender of the parties, is not generally considered family friendly behavior. If that's what happened, they should have been kicked out, not warned.

And just because you're one of the people who thinks it's cool and it's your prerogative to rub that crap in our faces, doesn't make it right.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:26 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Well in their terms, which you agree to when you go there, it's stated that behavior has to be family friendly.

Deep tongue kissing ("making out") regardless of gender of the parties, is not generally considered family friendly behavior. If that's what happened, they should have been kicked out, not warned.

And just because you're one of the people who thinks it's cool and it's your prerogative to rub that crap in our faces, doesn't make it right.
What crap do you speak of? I hardly think some kisses is considered offensive, regardless of who does it. God forbid someone should remind their significant other that they care for them in an affectionate way.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:34 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,617 times
I know I'm being judgmental but if you look at her, you can kind of tell that it was probably a lot more than just a peck or two. She just looks like she would be doing anything she could to get attention. And to whoever said using the kids as an excuse is crap, maybe it is to you. It's difficult to explain to a child even if you don't find it wrong. It's not common in all areas and I would not be very happy to see two PEOPLE making out anywhere. Get a room and you can do whatever you want with whomever you want!

Old 06-05-2008, 12:55 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,044 times
you people really crack me up man!!! to assume it was a get down session is ridiculous.

so have any of you guys ever been to a baseball game?

well at dodger stadium they have this thing called the "kiss cam".

the camera pans the crowd, finds an unsuspecting couple and keeps the camera on them till they kiss. some couples give eachother a peck and other couples go full out into a smooch session as the crowd roars. would you all protest this?
its particularly funny when they come across a brother and sister or pair who are clearly not a couple. its great. sometimes they kiss, sometimesthey dont. some even propose marriage on the kiss cam.

would you guys protest this as a public display of affection? if he gave his new fiance a hug? a kiss? would you protest this?

if so, please do so then. for all you people who say that they have a problem with any PDA, the next time you feel offended, go tell them to get a room! or tell an usher. i doubt you guys will tho.

seriously, there is no problem with two people being affectionate in public, gay, straight, lesbianish or whatever. its sweet that some one has a person to enjoy a sporting event with. let them enjoy it. you dont like what you see, look in another direction. i think its really the fact that its two girls that gots people panties in a bunch and not this "i have a prob with all PDA's". right...

seriously man, yall crack me up.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:01 PM

Can we assume you did indeed read the article at least...

Old 06-05-2008, 01:03 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,044 times
oh i forgot the other part to this.

so the mom says she does not want to explain why two women kiss...

well i suppose you can choose to kep your kids in the dark about this worlds diversity, but what would she do if let say she say...

a white man with a black baby?

or an inter racial couple?

or a hot cougar with her new boy toy?

with children its easier to give simple explanations and leave it at that.

"its ok, they are probably in love. love comes in all shapes and sizes. thats all they are doing baby, now finish your dodger dog"

it really works.

kids are the most accepting people in this world.

i remeber a billboard that showed a a diverse group of kids hugging. the tag line...

NO ONE IS BORN A BIGOT.

as a parent you have the choice to teach your kids love, acceptance and respect for diversity or you can pass on the hate you got filled with when you were younger.

lets try to be different and accepting of other people who mean no harm to us.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:09 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,722 times
I am on the fence with this one....how hot were the lesbians?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:19 PM

Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies