Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 04:59 PM

13,703 posts, read 9,036,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Why don't they wait until after the election?
Seems like election interference, if one of the candidates is tied up in court as late as August...

Take your reasoning to the logical conclusion: You are saying that a person charged with a federal or state crime should not have his or her trial until after an upcoming election if he or she is running for office? In the name of 'election' interference?

Or are you restricting it to Presidential candidates? If so, why?

I would hate to see our ballots filled with people that are only running in order to avoid a trial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 05:07 PM

10,842 posts, read 4,385,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Take your reasoning to the logical conclusion: You are saying that a person charged with a federal or state crime should not have his or her trial until after an upcoming election if he or she is running for office? In the name of 'election' interference?

Or are you restricting it to Presidential candidates? If so, why?

I would hate to see our ballots filled with people that are only running in order to avoid a trial.
How do you hold a fair election when one candidate can't participate in the campaign?
The media and Democrats everywhere were accusing the FBI of election interference just because they interviewed Hillary Clinton in 2016...
Of course I'd restrict it to Presidential candidates, because POTUS is the highest office in the land, and deserves a level playing field.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:10 PM

13,072 posts, read 9,592,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Not only that (in the quoted material), he can't be in two places at the same time. The way it's going, the present trial won't be over by May 20.

The Administration's attempt to keep Trump in court and off the campaign trail may be coming to an end.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:13 PM

1,216 posts, read 633,244 times
I think the case will be tossed soon. Jack Smith (or whatever his real name is) knows what he did and so does Judge Cannon. She's on to him and so are most of us.

Another case in which Trump was set up. Get Trump! I don't think so.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:39 PM

18,192 posts, read 15,761,055 times
Judge Cannon has been looking for reasons and ways to get the trial delayed for as long as possible. None of this is a surprise, at least not to me.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:51 PM

13,504 posts, read 10,001,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Good. If the issues before the court are settled and the trial is rescheduled, you will all be ok with it, I assume. The court can get on with its business.

If there are reasons found why it shouldn’t go ahead because it’s unfair to the defendant, then that is also good, and we can all be relieved an innocent man was not railroaded by malicious prosecution.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:51 PM

6,406 posts, read 2,730,558 times
With Trump gaining more popularity and exposure with the NY trial, I suspect the same thing would happen with the GA trial since that was also now corrupted. The DNC may be hoping for this trial to just disappear, instead of turning him into more of a martyr figure. Yes, I would not be surprised if the DNC has at least some input into the action of the prosecutors going forward or not.

People are seeing this case as nothing more than selective prosecution. No matter how much the Democrats try to spin this, Trump did nothing worse than Biden, yet Biden is not being prosecuted. You could argue that Trump's actions were not as bad as Biden's. Because with Trump everyone knew what documents he had and where they were. With Biden, all we kept getting was "Oh look, we found more documents that no one knew were there".

Old 05-07-2024, 05:57 PM

89,258 posts, read 44,992,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
I think the case will be tossed soon. Jack Smith (or whatever his real name is) knows what he did and so does Judge Cannon. She's on to him and so are most of us.
Yep. Jack Smith has admitted that the DOJ tampered with evidence, misrepresented the condition of the evidence to the court, doctored evidence, and misplaced documents. This case is going to get tossed as these issues are addressed.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:01 PM

27,198 posts, read 15,375,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Judge Cannon is going to force Jack Smith to publicallly present his evidence which includes evidence tampering and lawfare. It’s a great day here in Florida.

*edit also Cannon is going to hold a hearing on the illegal appointment of Jack Smith. Haha
Perhaps the best part of all.
He is illegitimate .

Old 05-07-2024, 06:06 PM

1,216 posts, read 633,244 times
Julie Kelly is fantastic!

One can read the details below:

https://www.declassified.live/p/the-...me-scene-photo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies