Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:04 AM

17,739 posts, read 6,983,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Lawyers on another site I frequent said the case should have been tossed when the DOJ lied about mishandling classified documents. That would be the normal course of action in any other case.

This tells us how corrupt the DOJ has become.
The Biden DOJ admitted mishandling classified documents in the case where they are criminally charging Trump for mishandling classified documents. They are about as smart as Democrat voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:45 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,453,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
The case is not being 'tossed' (I think you mean 'dismissed upon motion'). Judge Cannon delayed the trial date until a number of pre-trial issues are addressed. In her order, Judge Cannon rendered various deadlines, with the last deadline being July 22, 2024, concerning one of the **** issues. Hence, certainly no trial before that date.

By the way, on April 4, 2024, Judge Cannon denied Mr. Trump's motion to dismiss the charges (or 'toss them'):

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-d...on-to-dismiss/

Of course, I doubt a trial will be held before the November election. While I hate to think of a Federal judge being politically partial, we all know that they exist. Democrat and Republican.

As for those arguing that President Biden must be held accountable: no charges were brought forth by that Special Counsel (if you don't remember, take a cognitive test). Yet, if such charges were brought, I have little doubt that Mr. Biden would accept a speedy trial in order to clear his name.

Has Mr. Trump demanded a speedy trial to clear his name? Or, is he hoping that he wins the election, and after his inauguration, immediately order (as head of the Executive Branch) that all Federal criminal proceedings against him be stopped?

Frankly, I can't think of any prior President ordering a halt to pending criminal charges against said President.

Of course, Mr. Trump is the first former President to be charged with crimes.
A pearl of wisdom in a sea of irrational thinking. Thank you.

Old Yesterday, 06:23 AM

5,201 posts, read 3,124,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Lawyers on another site I frequent said the case should have been tossed when the DOJ lied about mishandling classified documents. That would be the normal course of action in any other case.

This tells us how corrupt the DOJ has become.
“Mishandled” = a nice way of saying planted?

Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM

4,905 posts, read 3,327,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
It's not tossed. It's postponed because he'll be tied up in court in NY.

Nobody said it had been tossed. They said it would be.

Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM

10,945 posts, read 4,610,728 times
does this have ANYTHING to do at all about the recent un-redacting of documents that shows this was coordinated from the white house AND, it appears the FBI took docs there to 'find'?

Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM

52,760 posts, read 34,654,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
does this have ANYTHING to do at all about the recent un-redacting of documents that shows this was coordinated from the white house AND, it appears the FBI took docs there to 'find'?
i'd certainly hope so.

Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM

18,192 posts, read 15,761,055 times
Another judge may end up getting this case, depending. Cannon's had months to rule on various motions and has made very little progress. She is way over her head on this.

Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM

23,853 posts, read 12,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Partisan quackery. Evey point the judge is making is within legal bounds.
I wonder how much he was paid to sell his ethics.

Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM

46,345 posts, read 27,186,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Another judge may end up getting this case, depending. Cannon's had months to rule on various motions and has made very little progress. She is way over her head on this.

Or smart and far over the heads of the prosecutor, and the prosecutors have no recourse.

Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM

7,669 posts, read 8,746,272 times
Also, the Georgia case:

'Not a chance’: Experts weigh likelihood of Trump's Georgia case going to trial before 2024 election

Quote:
With the Georgia Appeals Court decision to hear former President Trump's bid to have District Attorney Fani Willis disqualified from the case against him, some legal experts say there is little to no chance the case will go to trial before the November election as Willis had hoped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies