Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 03:10 PM

17,483 posts, read 14,724,420 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fed...l-indefinitely

Quote:
Former President Trump’s classified records trial stemming from Special Counsel Jack Smith’s investigation has been postponed indefinitely, Fox News has learned.
From Judge Canon’s order:

Quote:
The Court also determines that finalization of a trial date at this juncture before resolution of the myriad and interconnected pre-trial and C I P A issues remaining and forthcoming - would be imprudent and inconsistent with the Court's duty to fully and fairly consider the various pending pre-trial motions before the Court, critical C I P A issues, and additional pretrial and trial preparations necessary to present this case to a jury. The Court therefore vacates the current May 20, 2024, trial date (and associated calendar call), to be reset by separate order following resolution of the matters before the Court, consistent with Defendants' right to due process and the public's interest in the fair and efficient administration of justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 03:18 PM

4,577 posts, read 2,293,427 times
Judge Cannon is going to force Jack Smith to publicallly present his evidence which includes evidence tampering and lawfare. It’s a great day here in Florida.

*edit also Cannon is going to hold a hearing on the illegal appointment of Jack Smith. Haha

Old 05-07-2024, 03:20 PM

27,707 posts, read 16,201,935 times
Tiny fiddle for the tds crowd. Jacks smith, their pitbul
If i were ever to watch lunatic media, tonight would kinda be fun. Lol

Old 05-07-2024, 03:57 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,760,345 times
Lol, I told a few of the "experts" out here several days ago that this lawfare case was going to be tossed.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:13 PM

5,344 posts, read 4,445,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Lol, I told a few of the "experts" out here several days ago that this lawfare case was going to be tossed.
It's not tossed. It's postponed because he'll be tied up in court in NY.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:17 PM

6,122 posts, read 2,893,362 times
I actually don't agree with this, but I also didn't agree with President Biden and Former Vice President Pence getting off scot-free. So if nothing happens to them, then nothing should happen to Mr. Trump.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-07-2024 at 04:49 PM..

Old 05-07-2024, 04:24 PM

13,703 posts, read 9,036,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post

The case is not being 'tossed' (I think you mean 'dismissed upon motion'). Judge Cannon delayed the trial date until a number of pre-trial issues are addressed. In her order, Judge Cannon rendered various deadlines, with the last deadline being July 22, 2024, concerning one of the **** issues. Hence, certainly no trial before that date.

By the way, on April 4, 2024, Judge Cannon denied Mr. Trump's motion to dismiss the charges (or 'toss them'):

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-d...on-to-dismiss/

Of course, I doubt a trial will be held before the November election. While I hate to think of a Federal judge being politically partial, we all know that they exist. Democrat and Republican.

As for those arguing that President Biden must be held accountable: no charges were brought forth by that Special Counsel (if you don't remember, take a cognitive test). Yet, if such charges were brought, I have little doubt that Mr. Biden would accept a speedy trial in order to clear his name.

Has Mr. Trump demanded a speedy trial to clear his name? Or, is he hoping that he wins the election, and after his inauguration, immediately order (as head of the Executive Branch) that all Federal criminal proceedings against him be stopped?

Frankly, I can't think of any prior President ordering a halt to pending criminal charges against said President.

Of course, Mr. Trump is the first former President to be charged with crimes.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:35 PM

6,589 posts, read 6,760,345 times
Sorry for jumping the gun. I understand the case has not yet been tossed...to be precise, IMO, the judge is going to throw this case out after she follows all the proper procedures.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:36 PM

10,842 posts, read 4,385,664 times
Why don't they wait until after the election?
Seems like election interference, if one of the candidates is tied up in court as late as August...

Old 05-07-2024, 04:55 PM

17,740 posts, read 6,983,323 times
Ahhh, didn't see this.

Great news for the country. Judge Cannon is a true patriot. The case WILL BE tossed, after Trump wins re-election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies