Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:03 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times

Advertisements

While it certainly seems futile and a waste at this point to bring articles of impeachment, he is doing this to prevent the Bush administration from taking the US to war with Iran. Or so says Dennis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 11:11 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
While it certainly seems futile and a waste at this point to bring articles of impeachment, he is doing this to prevent the Bush administration from taking the US to war with Iran. Or so says Dennis.
I don't think it will be a "war". Maybe a few well-timed missiles targeted at key facilities. What Iran's reaction will be - who knows? They would probably claim they had an "accident".

More likely, imho, is that Israel will do it.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:27 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
None of this matters. Congress has already indicated there will be no impeachment hearings held in the remaining 7 months of this administration. Get over it before you have a stroke.
Impeachment would not be justice anyway. Justice would be having the lot of them be tried and found guilty of HIGH TREASON and sentenced for the crimes. Do you know what the penalty is for HIGH TREASON? My God, Dick Cheney is not even human...None of them have an ounce of humanity and if you cut them open slime would spill out.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:44 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,614,733 times
Thumbs down Another blow to Bush

Another infamous chapter in the Bush presidency. Right to the very end he is hounded by the American people. Having had a totally ruinous term in office, Bush will leave the White House as the most despised president. As I write this Bush is in Europe for his last visit & given the same response on all his other world travels: Bush is hated almost everywhere except Bulgaria

The fact that impeachment proceedings are underway only highlights how disgraced Bush is. Scott McClelland has a subpoena to appear before Congress & told Chris Matthews/MSNBC that he will "tell all." One of Bush's inner-circle of Texas friends/ McClelland’s mother is a Republican politician/ is compelled to testify against Bush out of a motivation to tell the truth.

All these Republican leaders [Tom Delay/Dick Armey/Ron Paul] from Texas are expressing embarrassment and disgust of Bush. How bad does it have to get before you realize that President Bush has dishonored his own country & placed a heavy burden on the American people

Old 06-10-2008, 11:47 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I don't think it will be a "war". Maybe a few well-timed missiles targeted at key facilities. What Iran's reaction will be - who knows? They would probably claim they had an "accident".

More likely, imho, is that Israel will do it.
Well in case you haven't been paying attention and I know you have, the United States already has in place a pact with Israel to defend Israel at any cost. If Israel drops one single bomb and Iran retaliates then the US will also retaliate and there will be war. So much for Jefferson and Washington's warning about entangling alliances.

Even if the United States uses limited air strikes against Iran, do you think Iran will just sit there? Do you think Russia that has billions of dollars invested in Iran, or China will just sit back and let the worlds second largest supplier of oil to be attacked with impunity?

All Iran has to do is to sink one single oil tanker in the straight of Homuz and the insurance industry will do the rest and we will be enjoying 300-500 a barrel oil.

Recently the one general who was part of "the generals revolt", Gen. T. Michael Moseley of the joint chiefs stated that he would retire before he would take part in an attack against Iran. Well guess what, he just retired last week, ending some of the last remaining high ranking opposition to attacking Iran left in the Pentagon.

We are in fact one single bomb away from global economic crisis.

Kucinich's issues of articles of impeachment will never get Bush impeached but it will keep attention in the press on the reasons that took us to Iraq, in the hope that we don't end up in Iran. Already the legislation stating that the executive branch needs explicit approval from the Congress to attack Iran unilaterally has been shot down, and they are running out of options.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:55 AM
mga

230 posts, read 397,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Impeachment would not be justice anyway. Justice would be having the lot of them be tried and found guilty of HIGH TREASON and sentenced for the crimes. Do you know what the penalty is for HIGH TREASON? My God, Dick Cheney is not even human...None of them have an ounce of humanity and if you cut them open slime would spill out.

i realize you're emotional about bush, but could you please state what "high treason" is?

i'm at a loss over what law that violates or, for that matter, what "high treason" crime happened.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:57 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,116,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mga View Post
again, no one stepped in and said "yo, george, you can't do that...it's illegal"...because it's not.

you're using the "torture" things because you are obviously against it. as for me, i have reserved opinions about it, and water boarding isn't really torture.

anyway, your two examples aren't a violation of any laws, just a violation of your morals....hardly an impeachable offense.
Well, if the Eighth Amendment is classified as "my morals" than I guess it is in violation of them...along with violation of the Eighth Amendment. I'm using it because it was the first example that popped into my head.

You're right, no one stepped in and said "hey it's illegal" because Congress as abdicated their responsibilities. Congress is one branch of government that is intended to "check" the other branches, all I see is collusion between all three branches among the political parties.

Even though Kucinich is wacky, at least he stands up for what he belives (no matter how crazy it is...how does he manage to get reelected anyway?)

Old 06-10-2008, 12:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityLL View Post
I find it totally amazing that there are those who believed a president should be impeached for lying about his private sex life but do NOT believe that a president should be impeached for telling lies that has cost thousands of lives and trillions of dollars....not to mention that he has basically used our contitution to wipe his feet.
I find it even more amazing that people believe that lying to a grand jury, a crime punishable by imprisonment is ok, but think those who stopped world terrorism and future attacks from taking place should be impeached.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Yes, please elaborate on "high treason".

Quote:
Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
Some democrats in congress could definitely be accused of this.

Quote:
Section 4. The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.
Name the charge.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Even if the United States uses limited air strikes against Iran, do you think Iran will just sit there?
I'm not sure of what they would do. They could go by way of Libya and eventually capitulate and cooperate.

What did Syria do after Israel hit them? Like Syria they might claim the attack was fantasy to save face all the while Shi**ing their panties.

Actually, with all the evidence we have of their supplying insurgents ( and possibly more direct involvement) with IED's that have killed our troops, we might be well within our rights for some kind of "retaliation".

We have them surrounded, which I'm sure alarms them. I'm not sure they would have the guts to do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies