Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 10:49 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvement View Post
Understood. But I'm sure you realize that there will be opposition to what you pronounce as truth, since your faith is tantamount to belief for everyone else.
I would hope they believe it is more than that. If they are equivalent then neither is right and then we get into the issues of "moral relativity" and the whole problem becomes who dictates right and wrong which the only real answer is, the majority. That type of system gives me the shudders. *chuckle*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 03:30 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,523,528 times
I was an EXCEPTIONALLY bright and mature 12 year old who had sex with a 40 year old over a number of years. I came back 20 later and put that motherf***er in prison.

Nomander, I smell NAMBLA, or a hetero version thereof.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:01 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I think the mind is far to complex for anyone to understand it,
Ever?

Quote:
all the science in the workd will never be able topredicy what a person could be and i just think we are born a blank canvas and kife makes us who we are.
Why do you think that everything in life is result of cognitive experience?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:52 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Because I don't subscribe to "everyones version of truth". All other truths are nothing more than rationalizations of man to serve his will. If I were to accept that all other truths are valid, then I would deny my own truth.
There is a big difference between truth and opinion. You are speaking about the latter. It doesn't help that you keep referring to it as the former.

Quote:
My point is, that while I do believe other truths are wrong,
If something it true, how can it be wrong?

Quote:
I do not attempt to hide behind logic that attempts stand for all truths valid while trying to proclaim another superior. I know my truth to be valid and all others wrong. You can be sure that when we discuss something, my truth will be consistent to the Bible while that will not be a case with individual truths as they will change from person to person.
Again, you are speaking about your opinion, belief, conviction, etc., but not about truth. Truth is not subjective, however what you are talking about is entirely subjective until proven to be factual.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:51 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
But this guy says he was born with it. Therefore it MUST be tolerated, accepted, and embraced. More cannibals should be characters in movies and TV shows, and cannibalism should be taught to children in elementary school as an "alternative diet" to make it acceptable in our society, even though its not and goes against the moral values of our people.
This is sick.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:53 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
Mutually agreed upon cannibalism? Weird, but fine (imo). There was that case in Germany a few years back where a cannibal sought out someone to cannibalize and a guy with a "being cannibalized" fantasy volunteered. The cannibal ate him. While I do think it's weird, these were two adults doing something mutually consensual. I'm not sure on what grounds I'd be able to find an issue with it as there is no victim.
These were two demons. They should have both ate each other and it would have been two less demons we have walking the Earth. Well, at least it is one less demon now.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
I was an EXCEPTIONALLY bright and mature 12 year old who had sex with a 40 year old over a number of years. I came back 20 later and put that motherf***er in prison.

Nomander, I smell NAMBLA, or a hetero version thereof.
Ok, this is what you wanted me to respond to? I see why I didn't, its irrelevant and has nothing to do with my post. In fact, It is a logical fallacy as you attempt to attack me personal with your suggestion and attempt to generalize a system of belief by the actions of an individual. Seriously, what does this possibly have to do with anything? Or are you just so angry you feel the need to attack with this garbage?

Old 07-19-2008, 06:39 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Who are you to tell him murder is wrong? It occurs in nature doesn't it?
"Murder" is a human term. In nature it is called survival, usually of the fittest.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
There is a big difference between truth and opinion. You are speaking about the latter. It doesn't help that you keep referring to it as the former.

If something it true, how can it be wrong?

Again, you are speaking about your opinion, belief, conviction, etc., but not about truth. Truth is not subjective, however what you are talking about is entirely subjective until proven to be factual.
Ok, define a moral truth to me then. Explain to me via the scientific process how your moral truth is valid, and mine is not. You can't? Then why do you keep proclaiming me wrong while insisting you are right? Could it be that you to also believe that your position is valid and it is based entirely on an issue that can not be measured or quantified?

Old 07-19-2008, 06:54 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,479 times
Default Bon Appetit!

"I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee or a ragout."

- Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal (1729)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies