Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:24 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

I just watched on a channel called Movieplex, the most dispicable, shocking and deplorable way, Wal Mart Does Business...

Unbelieveable and so shocking, you'll cry.

http://www.walmartmovie.com/

I will no longer walk into a Wal Mart...ever again! And this is what American Companies are doing. Greed, just plain Greed!

They farm all their manufacturing of their products out to 3rd World countries...they pay these workers 18 cents an hour (I think as I was so shocked by all the information on this documentary, I could not retain the information and plan to watch it again) ..the workers are trained to lie, actually taken into meetings and told how to lie so when the inspectors come in, about how many hours they work, about how many days a week they work...and if they don't do what they are told, those people are beaten...or fired. Is it no wonder that now and then some of our products have been sabotaged...oh, yeah, this is Good American Foreign Policy....no wonder other countries hate us? We have become barbaric and will do anything for money, and get rich quick schemes...even at the cost of human lives????

Wal Mart, has survalence cameras outside over looking their parking lots...but no one working them...they scrolled down on the screen how many crimes were committed at the parking lots of Wal Mart...unfathomable....unbelievable...that Wal Mart Cares so little for their employees and customers. Have you ever gone into a Wal Mart Store and asked for a big bag for your items...they don't have them...to expensive?????

They showed the estates of the owners and CEO's of Wal Mart....dispicable...how they could wallow in their riches at the cost of human beings....

I will never shop in another wal mart store again....I don't care how they advertise they are doing better...remember, everytime you purchase an item at Wal Mart, you are making them rich, and allowing them to treat their manufacturers deplorable wages and conditions.

And I'm certain Wal Mart isn't the only company...I think any company in America that would farm their work out to 3rd world countries, at the cost of quality customer relations to line their pockets with money are an insult to the integrity of the United States.

It is down right Greed.

I am so angry and upset...these people should be made to move to these countries where these people are actually slaves and made to live there....period, they should be driven out of the U.S. This is not what the U.S. grew on, and it is becoming an insult to those great men, like Adams, Jefferson, Washington, Franklin...for all they fought hard for so that American's could live free from this kind of behavior.

This is appauling, disgraceful...and makes me embarrassed that I have shopped there constantly...never again!

Creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 07:39 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,954,334 times
You should be upset, so should many people. I've had friends who have worked at Wal Mart and none had anything good to say about it which tells me a lot about how they treat their workers. I think that the most unfortunate thing is that many people still shop there because the prices are so low, when it comes down to your principles and feeding your family, well something has to give. I am able to shop elsewhere (coupons and bargain shopping) so I do, but many don't really have many options.
Good for you for making a responsible decision, hopefully others will do the same.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:45 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,079 times
There is another great documentary on Showtime worth watching called
"Maxed Out." It deals with shopping also and details the despicible lending
practices of the major credit card companies. You will not believe what they
are doing.......

Old 07-08-2008, 08:13 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,143 times
pft

Welcome to the world economy. I cant freakin believe some of the prices I see at walmart. It almost makes it worth the fact that I lost my last good paying machinist job to Mexicans and Canadiens.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:20 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Wait a minute...I'm sorry, I thought everyone already knew the evilness of that store. How can this be new for anyone? I haven't shopped there for years, it's a piece of **** & they treat their employees like ****, this is not eye-opening, at least not for me but I'm glad to see that others who worshipped at the feet of that demon are seeing it for what it really is.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:20 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
They farm all their manufacturing of their products out to 3rd World countries...
First off - WalMart does not manufacture any of their products.

Next, many, if not most, of the products that WalMart carries are also carried in Target, Kohls, KMart, Ross, Dillards etc

So, if you are not going to shop in WalMart because of their products - don't shop in ANY store - for they all carry the same things

Old 07-08-2008, 08:22 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
pft

Welcome to the world economy. I cant freakin believe some of the prices I see at walmart. It almost makes it worth the fact that I lost my last good paying machinist job to Mexicans and Canadiens.
Canadians?...Why would you think that, when Canadian machinists are very well paid?

Old 07-08-2008, 08:25 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,267,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
First off - WalMart does not manufacture any of their products.

Next, many, if not most, of the products that WalMart carries are also carried in Target, Kohls, KMart, Ross, Dillards etc

So, if you are not going to shop in WalMart because of their products - don't shop in ANY store - for they all carry the same things
I agree. This video is left-wing propaganda against a company that has done far more to help the economy - through job creation and lower prices - than any big-government social welfare program could ever hope to.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Glad to see you finally took the "red" pill and see reality of the "free" market.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:32 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,667 times
I haven't been in a Walmart for 2 years. I would get pissed seeing 34 registers and never more than 2 of them open while I stand in line for 30 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies