Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 02:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times

Advertisements

IMNO confederate flag has nothing to do with racism. NAACP has used it as a point of muster for great perceived wrongs and injustices they perceive as uniquely coming from the southern states & nowhere else. confederate flag is a symbol of rebellion against the united states, a horrible mistake for which the south has paid a great price. as soon as both parties let go of false landmarks we will move towards being one people. i have a dream. fyi i am non white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 02:05 PM

714 posts, read 1,540,033 times
The NAACP sucks too and they should leave the flag alone. You know Obama seems to have stirred up a lot of racial issues. There will be a racial backlash in this country if groups like the NAACP continues to feel sorry for themselves. I can already tell how people are getting more pissy about them "feeling sorry for themselves" if they spent half as much time trying to get higher education as they do calling other people out, they might not feel so sorry for themselves, they might have money and a life.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:14 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
Can you speak or write English or use punctuation b/c this is nothing but jibberish? The fact is that we have freedom of expression in this country. If you don't like the confederate flag, don't buy one. Doesn't mean others don't have the right to have one or fly it for that matter. Most of the people who worry about the flag flying are the lazy bums who won't work. I have a job and have more important things to worry about than infringing on others rights.
why respond if you cant understand my jibberish? you must be mad cause you tried to insult me, but failed!!! seems thats what most people in here do whenthey get mad they try to question someones grammar!

Old 07-15-2008, 02:15 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
The NAACP sucks too and they should leave the flag alone. You know Obama seems to have stirred up a lot of racial issues. There will be a racial backlash in this country if groups like the NAACP continues to feel sorry for themselves. I can already tell how people are getting more pissy about them "feeling sorry for themselves" if they spent half as much time trying to get higher education as they do calling other people out, they might not feel so sorry for themselves, they might have money and a life.

and you know they feel sorry for themselves cause?

Old 07-15-2008, 02:22 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Forget about the NAACP for a minute.The fact is racial groups against Blacks,Mexicans or who ever who view those people as tainting the "purity of America" use that flag to symbolize their agenda,therefore like it or not that flag does represent that,not just pride of living in a southern state.

If a German flew a Nazi flag as a symbol of German pride in history and used the slogan the 3rd reich will rise again what would you think their intentions were?,just to show pride of Bavaria?

That said the NAACP has become beholden to the Democratic party so that organization has become skewed in thought also.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
i dont believe you....you say that in almost every reply messages, sounds suspect why do you have to prove your not white, thatswhat posers do
on the racial posts, i do i do. because of racial attitudes on the CDF. i am not white. 1/2 asian 1/2 mideastern what proof do you need read my profile. & thanks for reading my posts.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-15-2008 at 02:43 PM..

Old 07-15-2008, 02:30 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Forget about the NAACP for a minute.The fact is racial groups against Blacks,Mexicans or who ever who view those people as tainting the "purity of America" use that flag to symbolize their agenda,therefore like it or not that flag does represent that,not just pride of living in a southern state.

If a German flew a Nazi flag as a symbol of German pride in history and used the slogan the 3rd reich will rise again what would you think their intentions were?,just to show pride of Bavaria?

That said the NAACP has become beholden to the Democratic party so that organization has become skewed in thought also.
It has certainly been used by groups that respresent hate. Flying over a memorial is not the same thing.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
It has certainly been used by groups that respresent hate. Flying over a memorial is not the same thing.
a memorial to a government that had intentions of keeping slavery legal.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:39 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
a memorial to a government that had intentions of keeping slavery legal.
A memorial to citizens of the state.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
A memorial to citizens of the state.
a memorial to citizens of a state who fought for a government intent on keeping slavery legal.

Any southern pride of lifestyle is over shadowed by that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies