Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 12:41 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times

Advertisements

yes, greed. I didn't complain about paying my taxes. I complained about paying more than parents. next time, take a moment to read. if your property taxes are that high, I would complain about the level of public education in NY. if you pay that much for your property taxes, public education in NY should be the best in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
GREED! Where do you get off saying I'm greedy.. or entitled.. you're the one whining about not gettting a freaking Tax write off.. your the one whining about how you have to pay taxes... like the rest of us don't.. I dont' expect ANYTHING for free.. that's why I pay my taxes and I DON'T WHINE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT HERE ON THE BOARDS LIKE YOU.

You travel.. well next time you travel try looking out your window!! Try to be a little more observent

You know what.. I've got better things to do than answer your posts which all sound whiny and very self centered.. so I'm done with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 12:53 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,014,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
yes, greed. I didn't complain about paying my taxes. I complained about paying more than parents. next time, take a moment to read. if your property taxes are that high, I would complain about the level of public education in NY. if you pay that much for your property taxes, public education in NY should be the best in the country.

oh boo hoo hoo hoo. .cry me a freakin river.. go out and find some other tax deductions then.. everyone gets tax deductions .. some get some, others don't. The rich have MANY loopholes for their tax deductions.. The middle working class has 1 - the child credit tax!!

You are really just boring me now with your whining! boo hoo hoo hoo ...

Hear that little violin playing for you

Old 08-06-2008, 12:55 PM

I asked a simple question. you are the one getting overemotional about it. making a bunch of faces and putting so many !!!!!!! the rich deserve the most tax breaks, because they already pay the bulk of what we get. again, green does not suit you. first with the greed, and then with the envy.

Quote:

oh boo hoo hoo hoo. .cry me a freakin river.. go out and find some other tax deductions then.. everyone gets tax deductions .. some get some, others don't. The rich have MANY loopholes for their tax deductions.. The middle working class has 1 - the child credit tax!!

You are really just boring me now with your whining! boo hoo hoo hoo ...

Hear that little violin playing for you

Old 08-06-2008, 12:57 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Quote:
GREED! Where do you get off saying I'm greedy.. or entitled.. you're the one whining about not gettting a freaking Tax write off.. your the one whining about how you have to pay taxes... like the rest of us don't.. I dont' expect ANYTHING for free.. that's why I pay my taxes and I DON'T WHINE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT HERE ON THE BOARDS LIKE YOU.

You travel.. well next time you travel try looking out your window!! Try to be a little more observent

You know what.. I've got better things to do than answer your posts which all sound whiny and very self centered.. so I'm done with you.
Are you still expecting to walk away from your mortgage if they don't modify it to a superlow rate? Are your taxes escrowed into your mortgage? If they are, then you're not paying your taxes.. Glass houses...

Old 08-06-2008, 01:00 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
I think that single people with no kids are totally screwed under our current tax "scheme." let me get this strait, I have no kids, but I pay for your kids education. I also pay for their health care, and all those other services that are provided for children. I don't like this fact, however, I accept it. where I start to get annoyed is when we give back more to those who take the most. I don't have a $3000 write off per child. I didn't get an extra wad in my stimulus check. these things annoy the crap out of me, but then I heard a new one. now residents of my state aren't paying sales tax on school supplies. WTF is going on? it's almost like you are forced to have kids to make any money in this country. you know what's even harder than being a parent? paying for kids that aren't yours. I am tired of this government forced child support for children I didn't have the pleasure of making. like I said, I have come to terms with tax dollars being used for education and some services for kids (not health care), but I think they have got to draw a line at all these tax incentives that are unfairly given to those who choose to have children.
I've pondered this before and on the surface, it doesn't seem fair. But then I figured that by supporting public schools and education, I gain a benefit from living in a more educated society where there aren't masses of poor, uneducated people and higher crime rates.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:03 PM

however, education is paid for by property taxes, and have nothing to do with the tax write off parents get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I've pondered this before and on the surface, it doesn't seem fair. But then I figured that by supporting public schools and education, I gain a benefit from living in a more educated society where there aren't masses of poor, uneducated people and higher crime rates.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Are you still expecting to walk away from your mortgage if they don't modify it to a superlow rate? Are your taxes escrowed into your mortgage? If they are, then you're not paying your taxes.. Glass houses...

Excuse me.. but I am doing a short sale. not walking away! And I wasn't looking for a super low rate mortgage.. so don't try to spew lies to make me look bad!! I was looking to fix it where it was at or 1% higher.. so don't put words in my mouth. ..and this topic has NOTHING to do whth my mortgage or the mortgage issue!

Old 08-06-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I asked a simple question. you are the one getting overemotional about it. making a bunch of faces and putting so many !!!!!!! the rich deserve the most tax breaks, because they already pay the bulk of what we get. again, green does not suit you. first with the greed, and then with the envy.

The title of your thread is offensive alone.. who are youto assume that anyone contributes "the least" . You have NO IDEA what anyone other tan yourself contributes!!

To say that parents raising children contribue the least is just BS! It's ignorant and just plain ridiculous.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:07 PM

LMAO!!!! owned. you aren't even paying your property taxes. 1% isn't a super low mortgage rate? I thought my 6% was pretty low. LMAO!

Quote:
Excuse me.. but I am doing a short sale. not walking away! And I wasn't looking for a super low rate mortgage.. so don't try to spew lies to make me look bad!! I was looking to fix it where it was at or 1% higher.. so don't put words in my mouth. ..and this topic has NOTHING to do whth my mortgage or the mortgage issue!

Old 08-06-2008, 01:08 PM

yes, I know it is. hey, while the rest of the world waits on your hand and foot, provides education, health care, after school programs, is there anything else we can get your child that you don't feel you should provide? daycare perhaps? clothes?

Quote:
The title of your thread is offensive alone.. who are youto assume that anyone contributes "the least" . You have NO IDEA what anyone other tan yourself contributes!!

To say that parents raising children contribue the least is just BS! It's ignorant and just plain ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies