Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 07:28 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times

Advertisements

I am still waiting for jmarquise to show us how parents are making "thousands" in big fat government paychecks every year. Which is of course completely bogus.

He has offered up some single sister or something he has that supposedly is making it rich off her kids. No actual , you know , government tax link or documentation for us to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 07:29 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you are confused. I am against the war in iraq too. those are tax dollars stolen from us. my complaint is about the tax write off, not where tax dollars are spent.
Ok.
Where's my tax write off for the war in Iraq? You know, the pacifist write off?

Seriously, I think the tax code is crazy and needs to be totally gutted. Just the basics. National DEFENSE (not offense), infrastructure. That's pretty much it. Let people decide how to spend their own money. Sadly, this will never happen. It works too well for the sheeple and the politicians at the trough.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:31 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
I have said time and time again, flat or fair tax. fair tax would be better, because when the people disagree with something, they could voice their opinion, with lack of spending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Ok.
Where's my tax write off for the war in Iraq? You know, the pacifist write off?

Seriously, I think the tax code is crazy and needs to be totally gutted. Just the basics. National DEFENSE (not offense), infrastructure. That's pretty much it. Let people decide how to spend their own money. Sadly, this will never happen. It works too well for the sheeple and the politicians at the trough.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
I myself am a fan of the flat tax. No loopholes, no write offs. And way cheaper to manage than the current system.
Flat tax works with Social security, state, and local. It can also work at the fed level.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:33 PM

no, I said that my best friend receives a huge tax refund every year. is it so hard to read? good freaking god. making it rich? you sound like you need to be part of the moveon.org crowd. good freaking lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I am still waiting for jmarquise to show us how parents are making "thousands" in big fat government paychecks every year. Which is of course completely bogus.

He has offered up some single sister or something he has that supposedly is making it rich off her kids. No actual , you know , government tax link or documentation for us to consider.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:34 PM

a good plan, and easy. don't have to save documents and stuff. but watch out, if you bought a stock and it did good, you are RICH! even if you make $12,000 per year! you are only as rich as what the government sees you as that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I myself am a fan of the flat tax. No loopholes, no write offs. And way cheaper to manage than the current system.
Flat tax works with Social security, state, and local. It can also work at the fed level.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
no, I said that my best friend receives a huge tax refund every year. is it so hard to read? good freaking god. making it rich? you sound like you need to be part of the moveon.org crowd. good freaking lord.
Suure she does.

How many kids?

How many dollars?

And....what the friggin lord does moveon.org have to do with your initial faulty premise?

If your freind is on public assistance, that is entrely different subject. Nothing to be ashamed of, I hope her situation improves so she can get off that dependency.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 PM

didn't say my friend was on public assistance. said she was a parent that received a tax deduction. reading is fundamental. try it one time, and come back and debate. your attempts to insult me personally have failed and made you look funny.

Quote:
Suure she does.

How many kids?

How many dollars?

And....what the friggin lord does moveon.org have to do with your initial faulty premise?

If your freind is on public assistance, that is entrely different subject. Nothing to be ashamed of, I hope her situation improves so she can get off that dependency.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
didn't say my friend was on public assistance. said she was a parent that received a tax deduction. reading is fundamental. try it one time, and come back and debate. your attempts to insult me personally have failed and made you look funny.
Again jmarquise. I am not trying to force you into a corner, just asking you for the facts. You started this thread. after all.

You claim your "friend" gets a huge tax refund for her kids.

I am telling you from personal experience and from general knowledge of the tax code that is in fact bogus.

So I ask again, how many kids does your friend have, and what is her refund amount that you claim directly correlates to those kids?

You probably realize you dug yourself into a deeper hole then you originally intended.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:10 PM

nope already crushed you. spit the facts. you try to drag them out to get me in trouble. nini sweet prince. everything you have asked, I have addressed. peace.

Quote:
Again jmarquise. I am not trying to force you into a corner, just asking you for the facts. You started this thread. after all.

You claim your "friend" gets a huge tax refund for her kids.

I am telling you from personal experience and from general knowledge of the tax code that is in fact bogus.

So I ask again, how many kids does your friend have, and what is her refund amount that you claim directly correlates to those kids?

You probably realize you dug yourself into a deeper hole then you originally intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies