Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 06:28 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times

Advertisements

if you are so emotionally rich, why do you need more of my money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Well I might say as a parent I certainly realize the few hundred bucks of a tex break I might get for my kids don't in any way cover the monumental expense of raising them, so you can certainly laugh about that.

However I value my life infinitely more because I am raising my kids.

Yuo can laugh till the cows come home, but I would not trade my expenses and problems and frustration of raising kids to being all alone for anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 06:30 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
hahaha, no, that's called government. the government is making itself a charity organization. you can accept it, or you can deny it, it's personal choice. although, most parents I know who like these tax breaks don't enjoy those personal choice things.
Again, I think we have estableished the few hundred bucks per child is nothing compared to what each child costs in a year. And you may think you have enough to cover your old age all by yourself, but very few can, statistically proven. And with medical advances, you may outlive your productivity to society by decades.

So you may be in for a surpise and be thankful somebody will be covering your ass when you are old and sick and nobody but the government will care about your butt.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I don't have a problem with that, and I actually respect it. but should the non breeder pay a higher tax than you?
Non breeder or loser who can't get any. Ah, who knows.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:35 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,605,428 times
Why do those who have the most, want the most?

Old 08-04-2008, 06:37 PM

I don't have the most, but I want the most. the system prevents it. it is set up for dependence. you will see one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Why do those who have the most, want the most?

Old 08-04-2008, 06:38 PM

wow! I had no idea you were celebrating your 11th birthday!!!! you are one of the drains. give the keyboard back to mommy and daddy! I get, when I want to get, my friend.

Quote:
Non breeder or loser who can't get any. Ah, who knows.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:39 PM

wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. I will have enough, because I don't waste. don't look at me because you have enjoyed a life of cable television and cell phones.

Quote:
Again, I think we have estableished the few hundred bucks per child is nothing compared to what each child costs in a year. And you may think you have enough to cover your old age all by yourself, but very few can, statistically proven. And with medical advances, you may outlive your productivity to society by decades.

So you may be in for a surpise and be thankful somebody will be covering your ass when you are old and sick and nobody but the government will care about your butt.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I don't have the most, but I want the most. the system prevents it. it is set up for dependence. you will see one day.
I thought you had enough to cover yourself through decades of old age and sickness, jmarquise. Millions, right.

Or is your idea that through careful investments you will evolve from a poor sucker in your 30s to a Rich Man in your 60s.

If that is the idea, trust me you picked the wrong timeframe.

No way investments will cover you the way that the stockmarket is going.

So you may be thankful for all these "breeders" before too long.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:43 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,605,428 times
Quote:
I hope I don't find out until after Saturday, cuz I'm just a little kid who watches Saturday morning cartoons.
When do you suppose I will suddenly change? When I retire?

Old 08-04-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
wow! I had no idea you were celebrating your 11th birthday!!!! you are one of the drains. give the keyboard back to mommy and daddy! I get, when I want to get, my friend.
Hookers don;t count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies