Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you for or against legalization of Marijuana?
Yes 45 73.77%
No 13 21.31%
undecided 3 4.92%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:34 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,578,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
In moderation, alcohol isn't a problem for most people.
Tell about the substance abuse cases in hospitals... aren't the majority of cases due to marijuana?

And I would hardly call using marijuana "enjoyable!"
Really????? It's from pot???? PLEASE provide some data to backup your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 10:53 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,412,061 times
Quote:
Tell about the substance abuse cases in hospitals... aren't the majority of cases due to marijuana?

Fleet,MJ in moderation isn't a problem for alot of people either.It's effects generally make someone passive ans relaxed compared to alchohol which sometimes makes people angry and violent,which MJ does not.

Medical cases due to drugs are more toward Heroin and Cocaine also Meth and sometimes alchohol,and even sometimes prescription drugs.

It is virtually impossible to OD on MJ,and it does NOT lead people to harder drugs,those that go to harder drugs were of a personality destined for it.

I know people who smoke,all people who run a normal responsible life,well some don't but they would be irresponsible even if they didn't drink or smoke.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:19 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,211,852 times
i get the feeling that Fleet is a dealer! i can't think of any other reason (neither can he) why mj is illegal! the only conclusion i can draw is that he must be profiting from the prohibition

Old 09-08-2008, 01:37 AM

789 posts, read 1,335,556 times
A lot of people are brought up to believe that marijuana is a very bad thing. I was taught that in school, told that by all my teachers. The only reason I knew they were feeding me bull**** is because my dad used it and was the best father I could ever ask for. It never impaired his judgment one bit. He wasn't abusive (alcohol), didn't steal (cocaine), wasn't crazy (meth), etc. He's nearly dead now though, because of the cigarettes.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:44 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,367,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
A lot of people are brought up to believe that marijuana is a very bad thing. I was taught that in school, told that by all my teachers. The only reason I knew they were feeding me bull**** is because my dad used it and was the best father I could ever ask for. It never impaired his judgment one bit. He wasn't abusive (alcohol), didn't steal (cocaine), wasn't crazy (meth), etc. He's nearly dead now though, because of the cigarettes.
Touching, thanks for that.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:53 AM

24,514 posts, read 33,347,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Really????? It's from pot???? PLEASE provide some data to backup your post.
Sorry, I can't provide data. The information I heard was from a talk show in which the head of a hosptial department reported the info I posted.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:55 AM

24,514 posts, read 33,347,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
i get the feeling that Fleet is a dealer! i can't think of any other reason (neither can he) why mj is illegal! the only conclusion i can draw is that he must be profiting from the prohibition
No, not a dealer.

I just know that many illegal drugs (marijuana for one) have ruined many lives and there is no valid reason for anyone to use them.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:20 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,211,852 times
Quote:
No, not a dealer.

I just know that many illegal drugs (marijuana for one) have ruined many lives and there is no valid reason for anyone to use them.

incorrect, irresponsible people ruin lives. irresponsible drivers, drinkers, parents, governments, banks, borrowers, gun owners, pet owners, irresponsible mj, coke, crack, acid users, irresponsible teachers, doctors, nurses, dentists, philanderers, policemen, firemen, bill o'reilly, irresponsible preachers, overeaters, shoppers ....... ad nauseam!

it's time everyone took responsibility for their own actions and lives. if someone is ruining someone else's life by smoking pot, drinking, owning guns then throw the book at them and sock it to them hard. but if someone wants to have the odd toke or ruin their own life for that matter, it is that persons individual right to do so and we have no right to force him/her otherwise.

alternatively we can just ban everything!

fleet, i still think you're a dealer

Old 09-08-2008, 07:34 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,578,963 times
Quote:
Sorry, I can't provide data. The information I heard was from a talk show in which the head of a hosptial department reported the info I posted.
Was the topic of this talk show perhaps.....marijuana is bad for you? You know they bring on "experts" who support their opinion on those kinds of shows, right?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:54 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,330,007 times
Quote:

Perhaps, but what is always left out of this is that the vast majority of people "seeking help" for their marijuana "problem" are there because a judge sent them there arbitrarily, they aren't self admits. I don't know exact numbers, but it's in the high 90's percent wise. As where only 65% of heroin users are self admits. So in essence, the court sends more people to seek help for their marijuana problem than they do for those who use heroin.

Last edited by cleatis; 09-08-2008 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies