Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you for or against legalization of Marijuana?
Yes 45 73.77%
No 13 21.31%
undecided 3 4.92%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 04:54 PM

146 posts, read 350,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
You can always spot a pothead in a crowd. He will be wearing sunglasses to protect his sensitive eyes from the sun and his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking-off when he can't find a rape victim.
I sometimes try to conceal the stains by folding my coat over my lap, but it doesn't fool many people. As for the eyes, I only go out at night anyway. Less people outside = Less protection for my victims.

http://www.mymp4clips.com/images/glen_quagmire.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 08:36 PM

630 posts, read 1,294,651 times
i am against it. haha but so many people get away with it. i had several friends in highschool who did it. Infact in northern california where i lived im not to sure even 45% of kids didn't ever do it. I had a friend who did it alot after highschool and i saw his IQ and response level drop dramatically. He also became really lethargic adn thats a huge side affect with weed. Becoming lethargic, lazy, your brain's response is slower. Wether its a fact to the pot smokers of america doesn't matter to me I have never done it and never will. not appealing. I think we should have heavier fines for people that are found with it. thats for sure other than that here in california it really doesn't matter to me. If people want to ruin their lives with it then thats ok, its such a common thing here anymore it really doesn't bother me. Only to the pot heads i guess.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:47 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You should be ashamed for making such a tasteless remark.
If you would watch a movie or two now and then you would probably know what I'm talking about.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:16 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah, we behave so responsibly with the drugs that _are_ legal...let's add some more so I can see more deaths, injuries, and social problems. Wheeee!
Have you ever been high on pot before? I've posted this before...let me tell you...when you're high, you really have no energy to do much of anything than to smoke some more, eat, have awesome indepth conversations w/your friends & watch some cool horror movies. As far as driving is concerned, think again! This is how it is....you're driving, 10 & 2 position, constantly checking the sides of the road for other cars & pedestrians & bikers & your rearview mirror for cops. You could swear you're going 55 mph on a 25mph road, but alas, you look at your speedometer & you're only going 27 or 30 at the most. Your friend starts babbling in your ear & you're shouting "Shut up Shut up Shut up!!!" as you turn the radio off & concentrate on the 5 feet ahead of you. Here's what happens when you drive drunk....you're forgetting that you're actually on a public road, the stereo is blasting w/Marky Mark's "Good Vibrations", you're friend is hanging out the window & you're most likely going 55 down that 25 mph road while you squint one eye so you can just see where the hell the lines on the road are, forget about even worrying about a cop on your ass.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:45 PM

399 posts, read 554,508 times
Why not just ban alcohol and cigarettes?
So then Marijuanna wouldn't be left out

I kid, I kid.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:05 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,326,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah, we behave so responsibly with the drugs that _are_ legal...let's add some more so I can see more deaths, injuries, and social problems. Wheeee!
Well as it sits now, there are at least 30 million people who have used pot at least once, and most of those are regulars. That being said what is the crime rate attributed to marijuana use (not sale and dealing of, that's black market a nasty side effect of prohibition). the use of marijuana has been responsible for the deaths of how many? I'll give you a hint, it's a circular number.... looks like an O....

What you are saying goes perfectly to show that drugs that we have no problem with contribute more to health problems and death than something we imprison people for using.

To say that crime rates, death rates and social problems would increase with legalization is a guess. As it sits now, prohibition causes more death and social issues than it resolves by far. It's pretty much just like alcohol prohibition, there is a reason it didn't stick.

If we want to be a responsible society we need to act like one instead of telling 30 million + people what they can and cannot do because some wealthy companies and political figures can make money from the situation.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:16 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,326,760 times
Quote:
I'm not laughing at you for your reasons. I definitely see your side. In many ways the illegality of illicit drugs performs its purpose. I suspect that a considerable portion of the "straights" are "straight" for no other reason than they don't want to risk breaking the law. A doctor who was a high functioning pothead in college will probably not be a pothead as a professional because he will bear a lot of risk to perpetuate the habit. If you legalize everything, as I have proposed, that goes out the window. For anyone who doesn't know this, once someone has quit smoking pot for a few years he or she realizes how debilitating marijuana really is to your brain function. If your job is one of great responsibility, you probably do not need to have THC on board at all times.

On the other hand, maybe the illegality of a substance is not what dictates usage among the "regular folks". Most of these "Yeah, man! Legalize it, the man's always trying to keep us down!" types will grow out of being a frat headed stoner who is ultra green, ultra organic and ultra liberal but too lazy to recycle, to stop eating hotpockets for all three meals or to vote ("Dude! I totally meant to go vote for Obama in '08!") and become a square with 2.5 kids, a GOP sticker on the car and a job that requires a tie without any help from anyone or anything.

***I know what you're thinking - "Not me, maaaaaan. I love the doja waaaaay too much, bro." - Wrong. Everything changes when you start spending YOUR money on pot rather than your parents' money.***
I won't wholeheartedly disagree with this as this does indeed apply to some potheads, but it is a bit of a blanket statement. Not all potheads can be shoved under this description.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:24 PM

523 posts, read 1,282,494 times
I am OT it.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:27 PM

523 posts, read 1,282,494 times
Quote:
You can always spot a pothead in a crowd. He will be wearing sunglasses to protect his sensitive eyes from the sun and his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking-off when he can't find a rape victim.

Okay, how do I nominate this reply as BEST EVER?

Genius, pure genius.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:32 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,973 times
I'm more of a social smoker myself, but reading this thread, I'm kind of feeling like smoking right now.

But a word of caution to those who see marijuana as harmless. There are indeed several health problems that can develop from heavy use. Smoke entering lungs can never be good for you, and they contain many of the toxins that cigarette smoke has. So its not completely harmless, though I'd say the benefits outweigh the risks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies