Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 08:02 AM

83 posts, read 326,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
lol, I love it. We don't play "spot the black", but we play "bullsh*t".

Just like RWF was saying, when we see more than three difference races crammed together for no other reason than political correctness my wife or I says "bullsh*t". Like when you see white, black, chinese, indian, etc, all sitting at the same table having lunch. It's funny. Grey's Anatomy for example, lol. That show is a joke when it comes to "rainbow casting". Whether you like it or not, it is purposely being done, and it's sickening.

Of course we only play the game when the kids arent around, lol.

-TT
OMG, I never heard of this. I've played punch buggy when were driving in the car with VW beatles, but a race game? lol

Old 02-03-2007, 08:24 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
lol, I love it. We don't play "spot the black", but we play "bullsh*t".

Just like RWF was saying, when we see more than three difference races crammed together for no other reason than political correctness my wife or I says "bullsh*t". Like when you see white, black, chinese, indian, etc, all sitting at the same table having lunch. It's funny. Grey's Anatomy for example, lol. That show is a joke when it comes to "rainbow casting". Whether you like it or not, it is purposely being done, and it's sickening.

Of course we only play the game when the kids arent around, lol.

-TT
Exactly! You get it... we all say the same thing when we see the carefully placed rainbow in a commerical. How about the peanut butter commercial with the little black girl and little white girl having a sleep over (yeah, right..). Or how about the truck commercial where they stop to eat and the black guy is with a group of white guys. That's a likely scene... there are so many like that it's sickening. I've never watched Grey's Anatomy, but I do see that happen in other shows and it drives me nuts!

Old 02-03-2007, 08:26 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
That's the point, they wouldn't be running between tall black guys. If it were representive of the population most guys on the court would be white. You'd have one or two tall out of place lanky black guys running amongst a court full of white guys.

Ever notice how it's white people that support the black nba/nfl? Look in the stands... it's white people buying those tickets!!!
Not me, the only sport I follow and buy tickets for is baseball. Besides the fact that I love the game, the field is generally more diverse, and the quality of the player is better.

Basketball players are all too often urban trash. Football, I just don't like the sport and never have, and also filled with too much trash these days.
I refuse to feed them money. That's the law of the jungle, don't feed the animals and they'll stop coming around looking for food at some point.

No, I don't think we need to apply AA to basketball. I DO think we need to abolish it completely. I would also like to see the practice of adding "token blacks" to white TV shows stopped. Sometimes its just downright silly. Everybody remember the show "Home Improvement"? The setting for the show is in an area that is practically ALL white. So, everyone was white on the show for years. Then all of a sudden they bring in a new boss for Tim on the show, of course he's black. Yeah, that happens all the time. 99% white area with one black guy running the show. Yup, that's extremely common.

-TT

Old 02-03-2007, 08:31 AM

I don't support football or baseball either... but I do support hockey... a white sport! Yeah!

Old 02-03-2007, 08:52 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,845 times
Quote:
I don't support football or baseball either... but I do support hockey... a white sport! Yeah!
Well I like baseball, even though it LEANS toward being a hispanic sport these days. There doesn't seem to be a racial agenda with baseball, at least not Yankee baseball.Hockey is TOO white, and frankly gets boring after a while to me. I've been to a few Ranger games at MSG, but it just doesn't excite me.

Regardless of race, you have to admit, if you've ever seen him anyway, that watching Mariano Rivera close a game is pretty exciting. The man knows how to close. Randy Johnson or Roger Clemens (former Yank and hopefully will be again) are both pretty amazing in their own right as well.

-TT

Old 02-03-2007, 01:58 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Wow... I don't even know what to say to that. I'm sorry, but I won't encourage that kind of behavior in MY household!

Actually, I do have a better answer for that, but was afraid I'd get an infraction for saying it.
I'm so totally with you on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan
The funniest commercials are when they have a table of people and make sure they have a white, a black, a chinese, etc. It's ridiculous!!! Or the one that shows blacks and whites hanging out together, yeah, that's representative of real life!!!
I take it that you don't have any friends who are a different race than you and you don't work with anyone a different race. Commercials show those things because they ARE representative of real life -- maybe just not YOUR real life.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I take it that you don't have any friends who are a different race than you and you don't work with anyone a different race. Commercials show those things because they ARE representative of real life -- maybe just not YOUR real life.
Obviously they aren't representative of most people's life. Think about it, in this country the population is 80 percent white and 12 percent black. Yes, I said 80 percent white. So that means that most white people are working and living around ... can you guess? White people!!!

Unless of course they are working at the local chicken and ribs bbq shack or the sanitation department collecting garbage.

How on earth can those commercials showing blacks and whites equally in number be representative when in reality the population stastics is the way it is?? It isn't!!! That's how.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:12 PM

OMG!! Some of you should NEVER EVER EVER move to Southern California! Races DO mix and mingle here! I don't find the casting on any of those shows or commercials to be strange or weird in the least!

Y'all are reminding me of the people who show up on the Los Angeles boards looking for the "white suburbs." The fact is, there is no such thing as a white suburb. There is no segregation except economically. The hospitals in Los Angeles have workers/doctors/nurses of all different races and nationalities. Why should "Gray's Anatomy" be any different?

This thread is just shocking to me! I'm white and I can't imagine living in an "all white" world!!

Old 02-03-2007, 02:20 PM

77 posts, read 473,944 times
It's true. Most of urban California is very diverse, both racially and ethnically. We were in Boise a few years ago and everyone was white. Although I am white, it did feel strange. Anyway, talking about affirmative action, does that include women? Let's see some women in the NBA and especially in the NFL. They could wear pink!

Old 02-03-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Obviously they aren't representative of most people's life. Think about it, in this country the population is 80 percent white and 12 percent black. Yes, I said 80 percent white. So that means that most white people are working and living around ... can you guess? White people!!!

According to Wikipedia, in the 2000 census 69% of the people in the USA were white (if you exclude Hispanics) -- and that number is shrinking every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies