Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 07:08 PM

30,395 posts, read 52,006,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Green View Post
Very well said. I think more people should vote for the best candidate, instead of voting for a particular party.
Thanks, and I agree. I always vote for the candidate, and sometimes in opposition of another candidate... like in the last two elections, where I just voted for whoever had a shot at beating Bush. I didn't like Kerry or Gore very much, but they were better than the alternative! My wish is that we'd be more than a 2-party system, since in reality, most people are not 100% within one party. Anyway, I'm getting off-topic, but I'm just really sick of hearing the old "con/lib" arguments.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:12 PM

83 posts, read 326,378 times
[quote=RedWingsFan;331086]

Makes no sense. If people want affirmative action and want blacks represented in everything then they can't pick and choose where they want it to be. That means that everything would be 80 percent white, 12 percent black. Sounds good to me!

To bad, it is not going to happen. You can cry all you want.

Whites who stick up for it are just pushing other white people out of jobs. Remember when it used to be mostly white people in commercials on tv?

No I don't remember because I am not 200 years old

White people have been pushed out. I see WAY more than 12 percent of blacks in the commercials. They try to put a black person in just about every commercial.

The black person is a good actor and has the same rights.

You see them representing product you KNOW they don't use or other blacks for that matter. The funniest commercials are when they have a table of people and make sure they have a white, a black, a chinese, etc. It's ridiculous!!!

I can't wait for you to see your grandchildren and they will be non white...lol

Or the one that shows blacks and whites hanging out together, yeah, that's representative of real life!!! The media people must think we are all stupid to believe that stuff.

You are st*pid, because it's happening!
I love black, blue, purple... Not you though.

P.S. Just for fun in our house we play "spot the black" when we watch tv. When commercials come on we hurry up and identify where they have put the black person in the commercial. It's fun, you might want to try it to! (we do this because we like to point out how OVER represented they are in the media now...

No you don't, you do this because you have low self esteem
and your 200 years old. Have you tried spotting the black heads in your face?

Who is they anyways? Get with the program and stop complaining.
You seem to be from Ancient history. You have serious problems. You can always move, if people are pushing you out, go.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:17 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,187,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyg View Post
Well said!
At least you had friends, not the Natzi club...hehehe
My goodness, this is like the Naztzi days, Holocaust flash backs.
I am serious people, they would if they could. I am really starting to believe there is real hate out there. I mean hate as in to want to kill who ever is not like them. OMG you all, make sure you don't tan a bit darker than your light skin or they may disown you...
They need to grow up.
I feel the hate too. These boards have been a real eye-opener.

When I first moved to LA, my best friend here was a sophisticated black woman. She took me shopping at Saks 5th Avenue in Beverly Hills (I'd never been there!) Her friends were all colors -- black, white, brown, yellow, red, purple -- you name it. We went to all sorts of parties with all kinds of people. We were those multi-ethnic people you see passing the camera around in commercials -- and this was over 20 years ago!

Some of you are still living in the 1950s!

Old 02-03-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyg View Post
Who is they anyways? Get with the program and stop complaining.
You seem to be from Ancient history. You have serious problems. You can always move, if people are pushing you out, go.
You know, this brings up a good point... people like "RedWings" constantly say "it's ancient history" when you bring up slavery, the Native American slaughters, the Holocaust, and so forth. But then they change their tune, and keep referring to the good ol' days when whites ruled the world. So what is it?? Are we living in the past, future, or present? I say all of the above... never forget the past, live in the now, and plan for the future - whatever color it might be.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
You see them representing product you KNOW they don't use or other blacks for that matter.
I missed this quote.

What products do you see blacks advertising that they don't use?

Old 02-03-2007, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I missed this quote.

What products do you see blacks advertising that they don't use?
That's a darn good question... can't any product be used by a black person?

And it works the other way too, since I even use products that are specifically marketed to other races - like "black hair-care", since my hair has a coarse/curly texture (I call it my Jewfro, LOL).

Old 02-03-2007, 07:42 PM

I was thinking it might be shampoo for blondes -- but some blacks have dyed blond hair!

I'm so colorblind now, I can't think of any commercials specifically that have blacks in them! (Well, I can think of one because the actor is a friend of mine -- but aside from that one...)

Old 02-03-2007, 07:50 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,487,856 times
Thumbs down I can't beleive i spent my time reading this thread!

Let me ask a question to those of you who oppose affirmative action.

If it were drafted/worded differently to help the general poor that are at a disadvantage while entering the mainstream workforce/college in the U.S., would you be for it or against it?

Old 02-03-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I was thinking it might be shampoo for blondes -- but some blacks have dyed blond hair!

I'm so colorblind now, I can't think of any commercials specifically that have blacks in them! (Well, I can think of one because the actor is a friend of mine -- but aside from that one...)
Okay, to humor RedWings, I just played "spot the minority" during a commercial break... and here are my results -

TuffShed: A whole bunch of tiny people standing on a shed, so I couldn't tell what race they were... I think there was one black guy, and the rest (20 or so) were light-skinned.
Midas: White woman, 4 white kids, 1 asian kid, one guy who's either Italian or latino.
Jackson-Hewitt (taxes): 2 white guys
Local ad: White family of 4
KFC: Another white family of 4

Tally (minus the TuffShed one) = 15 white, 1 asian, and 1 possibly latino.... hmmmmm... seems to me that white people are still getting plenty of air-time! And I live in California, so we're not talking about commercials aimed at a non-diverse community.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:00 PM

83 posts, read 326,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Okay, to humor RedWings, I just played "spot the minority" during a commercial break... and here are my results -

TuffShed: A whole bunch of tiny people standing on a shed, so I couldn't tell what race they were... I think there was one black guy, and the rest (20 or so) were light-skinned.
Midas: White woman, 4 white kids, 1 asian kid, one guy who's either Italian or latino.
Jackson-Hewitt (taxes): 2 white guys
Local ad: White family of 4
KFC: Another white family of 4

Tally (minus the TuffShed one) = 15 white, 1 asian, and 1 possibly latino.... hmmmmm... seems to me that white people are still getting plenty of air-time! And I live in California, so we're not talking about commercials aimed at a non-diverse community.
I think Redwing would be happy if TV only had Whites. Redwing You can always delete the colors from your TV. To bad you can't enjoy any sports other than Hockey because of the race issues you have.

I still think white man can jump . Wasn't that the original post?

I think we have dedicated to much time on Redwing .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies