Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:30 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure what the big deal is. That's what the human condition is all about. Lots of different things about people are attractive...not just their genitalia! In this day and age (still homophobic and biphobic) it's not hard for me to believe that it would take someone awhile to figure out that he or she is bisexual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 02:51 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Glad to see that we all agree that, yes, sometimes homosexuality is indeed a choice.
I certainly don't agree with that, and I don't think many others here would... the trendiness simply means that people who ALREADY had bi/gay tendencies are no longer afraid to explore them. I have no feelings toward women (I'm a straight female), and would have an awfully hard time pretending just to be cool! So it's not that more people are "becoming" gay/bi, but rather people are free to experiment with pre-existing feelings. Could you "go gay" for trend purposes??

Old 09-11-2008, 02:57 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
I see people flaunt their homosexuality but never a heterosexual. Which brings me to another point... gays tend to mimic their opposite sex, why is this? Like a "butch" woman or a man with an exaggerated lisp and a woman's demeanor (stance, gate(sp), dialogue...) Why is this?
Some scientists believe that gay men & women have more hormones (either testosterone or estrogen) than usual from the opposite gender, which leads to the stereotypical "effeminate" man or "butch" woman. But how do you know who's gay and who isn't? Just because the effeminate man down the hall is obviously gay, what about the "straight-looking" and acting people? Many of them are gay/bi too, but you don't know because they aren't obvious... so you can't make generalized statements like this, unless you've polled everyone you encounter daily.

As for the flaunting aspect, it has a lot to do with being repressed for so many years, and finally being able to let loose. Similar to the Black Pride and Woman's Lib movements, it's a way of saying "we're proud to be moving up in society, and aren't afraid to tell you!" But what exactly do you consider to be flaunting? Does that include two men holding hands as they walk, or are you talking about running the streets naked with a rainbow flag? And FYI, straight people flaunt their sexuality ALL the time, even if they don't realize it... otherwise I wouldn't know my co-worker is married with 7 kids, another lives with her boyfriend, another has a husband back in India, and so forth. Anyway, why does it matter? Let people be who they want, and ignore those you don't care to be around.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:12 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,669,044 times
maybe they werent doing what they sposed to do... she had to go get it elsewhere.

Quote:
We were waiting for the bus to take us to work the other day and he told me that he hung out with his ex gf and her "partner" the other night. I was curious about this and he said that neither had ever been in a same sex relationship prior to meeting one another but are now committed homosexuals, for the time being.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:19 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times
My step-daughter phoned me this morning, and we chatted for an hour or so. She never said a word about who was lesbian and who wasn't, I wonder if I'm missing something.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:26 PM

are you serious? yes i been to a high school lately. and i have plenty of friends that teach HS. its not the new fad. while girls are able to play with thier sexuality, other more "stereotypical" gay kids still get bullied. it is not cool to be gay in high school. maybe some places its acceptable, or tolerated, but cool it is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
It's the cool thing to do nowadays. Gay is the new trend. Been to your local high school lately? There's more "lesbians" and "bisexuals" there than you can shake a stick at.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:30 PM

what do you consider flaunting? holding hands? kissing? if thats the case, i see plenty flaunting of the heterosexual lifestyle.
whenver i hold one of my girlfriends hands, thats flaunting it. or kiss them. or dance on the dance floor. thats flaunting. all people do it. i think you think it should not be "flaunted" because it is something you are not comfortable with.

are you in high school? you need to know more people. not all straight people are alike and not all gays are alike. some act masculine some act feminine. some are fat. some are skinny. some are cops some are robbers.

gays come in all shapes colors and sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
I see people flaunt their homosexuality but never a heterosexual. Which brings me to another point... gays tend to mimic their opposite sex, why is this? Like a "butch" woman or a man with an exaggerated lisp and a woman's demeanor (stance, gate(sp), dialogue...) Why is this?

Old 09-11-2008, 03:31 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Hot Lesbians. Oh man, wonder if that dude could .......oh never mind

Old 09-11-2008, 03:41 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
I don't think people choose their sexual behavior. That is the most assine coment any one can make

Old 09-11-2008, 05:12 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Glad to see that we all agree that, yes, sometimes homosexuality is indeed a choice.
It's not really a choice, it's who you are attracted to.

Don't go using my statement about women's sexuality being more fluid as anything other than my opinion.

I agree with Gizmo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies