Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:35 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,938,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
lol ok got it!

lol...*sigh* Sorry, us "nonstereotypical gays" get tired of every one thinking we all look and act like a bad SNL skit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 01:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
gays tend to mimic their opposite sex, why is this? Like a "butch" woman or a man with an exaggerated lisp and a woman's demeanor (stance, gate(sp), dialogue...) Why is this?
Maybe because gays are different?

Brains of gay men show similarities to those of heterosexual women, study says - Los Angeles Times

Old 01-21-2009, 01:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Um, wrong forum?

Old 01-21-2009, 01:19 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
We were waiting for the bus to take us to work the other day and he told me that he hung out with his ex gf and her "partner" the other night. I was curious about this and he said that neither had ever been in a same sex relationship prior to meeting one another but are now committed homosexuals, for the time being.
And? What are you getting at?

Old 01-21-2009, 01:29 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Um, wrong forum?
Ummm, I think your right

Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,314,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
We were waiting for the bus to take us to work the other day and he told me that he hung out with his ex gf and her "partner" the other night. I was curious about this and he said that neither had ever been in a same sex relationship prior to meeting one another but are now committed homosexuals, for the time being.
My first thought, maybe the guy should've been better in bed.

Second thought, why is this all that surprising? Speaking for myself, I dated women all through high school and into college. I knew the whole time that I had feelings for men, and not for women, yet I dated women anyway. I felt pressure to "conform." If I was without a girlfriend for any long period of time, people would ask, "What's wrong with you, lammius? You gay or something?" Knowing that it was unacceptable to be a gay teenager in Virginia (or anywhere at the time, really), I would quickly find a new girlfriend who I had no interest in, to quell any suspicions anyone may jokingly or really have. Also, I wasn't sure if maybe I wasn't really gay afterall. Each time, I'd wonder "maybe I just haven't met the right girl yet." By age 20, I was convinced that since none of the girls I had ever been out with sparked an ounce of interest out of me, it probably wasn't going to happen. Soon afterward, I "became gay." Truth is, I was gay all along, but nobody knew it.

It's possible that the woman mentioned by the OP is "just experimenting," but it's also possible that she went through the same type of process I did.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:40 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,756,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
My first thought, maybe the guy should've been better in bed.
A man being lousy in the sack won't turn a woman into a lesbian. If that were the case, 95% of all women would be lesbians.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:46 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,722 times
Quote:
I see people flaunt their homosexuality but never a heterosexual. Which brings me to another point... gays tend to mimic their opposite sex, why is this? Like a "butch" woman or a man with an exaggerated lisp and a woman's demeanor (stance, gate(sp), dialogue...) Why is this?
WHAT??!! Heterosexuals don't "flaunt" their sexuality?? Are you kidding me - all they talk about is that very thing - their husband, their wife, their kids, their weddings, their showers, etc. etc. They want you to know very clearly that they are straight - THAT is flaunting it.

As far as "butch" or men with "lisps", you're just using a sterotype. There are all kinds of people everywhere - there are butch women who are straight, and feminine guys who are straight.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:50 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,203,513 times
Quote:
I see people flaunt their homosexuality but never a heterosexual.
You've never seen a straight person flaunt their sexuality?

You've never seen a straight guy brag about how many girls he's shagged, or girls chatting amongst each other about the juiciest gossip of the day?

Old 01-21-2009, 01:52 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
You've never seen a straight person flaunt their sexuality?

You've never seen a straight guy brag about how many girls he's shagged, or girls chatting amongst each other about the juiciest gossip of the day?
Like those "macho" types who strut around like they're just SO straight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies