Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,766,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Are you proud of your baseless cheap shot?

Just for the record it's hardly unexpected from those of your tunnel-visioned kind.
Hey at least I have a HEAAAAAART
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 09:36 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,893 times
I'm against abortion as a form of birth control. In the cases of rape or incest or the mother's life being at risk, I get it.

In this day and age, I find it really hard to believe that young teens have no clue that sex can lead to pregnancy. The twenty/thirty somethings who "oops" are just plain irresponsible.

And the excuses are just as pathetic....got caught up in the moment, the condom broke (yeah, right)...but if it did, why aren't you on the pill too? Oh, you're allergic or it doesn't work for you? What about the shot? The implant? An IUD? Not having sex if you don't want a baby at the moment? It's pretty easy. And yeah, it stinks that birth control is still pretty much 100% up to the woman, but it is. Deal with it and quit whining and running to get an abortion when YOU could have prevented the pregnancy to begin with.

To me, it's about personal responsibility, not a quick fix for something that could have been prevented to begin with.

Liberals don't typically promote personal responsibility. It's everyone elses fault.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:39 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,060,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
I'm against abortion as a form of birth control. In the cases of rape or incest or the mother's life being at risk, I get it.

In this day and age, I find it really hard to believe that young teens have no clue that sex can lead to pregnancy. The twenty/thirty somethings who "oops" are just plain irresponsible.

And the excuses are just as pathetic....got caught up in the moment, the condom broke (yeah, right)...but if it did, why aren't you on the pill too? Oh, you're allergic or it doesn't work for you? What about the shot? The implant? An IUD? Not having sex if you don't want a baby at the moment? It's pretty easy. And yeah, it stinks that birth control is still pretty much 100% up to the woman, but it is. Deal with it and quit whining and running to get an abortion when YOU could have prevented the pregnancy to begin with.

To me, it's about personal responsibility, not a quick fix for something that could have been prevented to begin with.

Liberals don't typically promote personal responsibility. It's everyone elses fault.
Are you directing these statements to the adults or teens as well?
There is a difference and you have to recognize that when you are young, maybe you have some knowledge of what sex is and can lead to but there is also this "invincible" factor. Teens/Pre-teens think that it will not and can not happen to them. I am currently working in a school where there are girls, as young as 12, having babies. You cannot honestly sit there and think that at 12 you have the 'big picture' in mind and/or understand it for that matter. These are the same girls that may or may not make it in the first place due to their family lives and then you add a baby on top of that!!! Go spend some time in an inner city school where choices are limited and become obsolete once a baby in brought into the picture. It's sad.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOG View Post
You need to research a little more my friend. A baby's heart begins beating at 22 days, well before week 9!
Actually you need to go talk to doctors that are in the field. I did research in an actual abortion clinic, thanks!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOG View Post

Does this really look like tissue?????? This is week 6 and 7, during which most abortions are done! You'd think we would stop hearing this argument now with the technology we have!

Lastly, the Mayo clinic states "At week five, your baby is 1/17 of an inch long — about the size of the tip of a pen. At this week, your baby's heart and circulatory system are taking shape. Your baby's blood vessels will complete a circuit, and his or her heart will begin to beat. Although you won't be able to hear it yet, the motion of your baby's beating heart may be detected with an ultrasound exam."
It's safe to say that it's not just tissue and there is a beating heart!
It does not look like anything to me, thanks for asking.
"taking shape" is not formed!
"may be detected" ~ may not be detected.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:43 AM

146 posts, read 387,772 times
IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE ANYTHING TO ME!!!!??? THAT'S HOW YOU JUSTIFY YOUR POSITION???
WHAT'S YOUR BRAIN LOOK LIKE TO YOU? NON-DESCRIPT TISSUE! THAT'S WHAT. INTELLECTUAL HONESTY IS NEEDED IN A DEBATE SUCH AS THIS, AND YOUR POSITION INDICATES NONE!

y'know, i think the term "living, breathing" is so misleading because your intent is to de-humanize "tissue." cut your damned uterus out! it's just tissue. lop off your ear, just tissue. and you know what, let's talk about viability, because set your average teenager out on the porch, he isn't viable. he needs you to make him breakfast, lunch, dinner, pick his clothes out...

i'm taking it to the extreme to illustrate a point. you're pro-aborting tissue? it ain't cancer, it's a baby!!!! six weeks---detectable brainwaves...that's medical fact, that's life. human life

Last edited by voivod; 10-03-2008 at 12:46 AM.. Reason: ADDED PARAGRAPH

Old 10-03-2008, 12:56 AM

1,372 posts, read 3,766,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
It does not look like anything to me, thanks for asking.
"taking shape" is not formed!
"may be detected" ~ may not be detected.
I can't believe you are still hanging around my thread. I saw you here yesterday. Kind of pathetic -- say your opinion and go, don't spread your misery like you are doing...

Old 10-03-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
I can't believe you are still hanging around my thread. I saw you here yesterday. Kind of pathetic -- say your opinion and go, don't spread your misery like you are doing...
You posted a thread, I responded, you don't like the answer, not my problem! Don't post controversial threads on here if you don't want to stir the pot! You're kind of pathetic because all you do is start a thread that is meant to be a hot topic, then you add nothing but name calling!!! ~Most of your threads are like this, might I add!!! As you can tell by my status, not miserable at all!! LOVING LIFE and proud of my ways!!! Maybe you should take an anger management class...or two!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:26 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,939,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
As a democrat, I am pro-choice! I believe that every woman has a right to determine what happens to her own body without the government stepping in (something most Republicans should be for since you all like LESS government). I feel that it is a woman's choice and hers to live with. From conducting my own research on the issue, I can tell you that the heart is does not develop until week 9 so many clinics have started making that their personal cut-off. I do not believe, personally in abortion for myself, but then again I know several girls who have been in the situation and for them it was the best option.
I also think that people who are anti-abortion need to step up and become foster parents and adoptive parents. When young girls are forced into having these children that they do not want, many of these children go up for adoption and are never adopted and instead spend their lives in foster home after foster home. That is not a life worth living for many of these kids. So I would like to see more anti-abortion supporters step up to the plate and take on some of these kids!

You mean the girls you knew gave the men easy access and didn't want to live with the consequences of sleeping around? If they are going to do it then they should be responsible for raising the baby. Its not right to murder a baby just because you dont' want to live up to your mistakes.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 10-04-2008 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: offensive, reworded

Old 10-03-2008, 01:37 AM

146 posts, read 387,772 times
dvcgal, rephrase:
my political leanings are a great way for me to alibi for the ignorance toward the human body and biological facts. (stomping feet) i don't care what science says! science was created by republicans, and MEN TOO, they couldn't possibly know about a woman's body!

(insert statement of personal belief)

that's my opinion, right or wrong, and you aren't allowed to question it or i'll label you and use the label in the perjorative.

how do you pro-abortionists look yourself in the mirror? faulty logic to support your position.

murder is murder.

Last edited by voivod; 10-03-2008 at 01:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies