Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2008, 11:41 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,992,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
This is the ultimate hot topic thread... Why do Democrats support the killing of fetuses (living, breathing human beings) and yet they always raise hell about executing the most bloodthirsty murderers???

Someone please explain this paradox before the crazies come swooping down and hijack this thread...
My beliefs (and it has nothing to do with politics) are that if god wanted to spirit of the child to survive, then he would make it so. If you truly have faith in a higher being, then you must have faith that that spirit of a child (or whatever you choose to call the being) wasn't meant to be. Perhaps the pregnant woman has other lessons in this life that might be hindered by the birth of an unwanted child. I think people need to trust the woman's judgment on her own situation because it might actually be God's will also.

It might be too deep of a concept to understand for someone that just thinks god just waves his finger for good things to happen all the time for your benefit. I think the concept of God is misrepresented all the time by fundamentalist Christians that seem to think of him as a painting by Michaelangelo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 11:57 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,414,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
actually, abortion is 100% effective against childbirth.
You get no argument from me.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:19 PM

536 posts, read 2,155,125 times
Why are conservatives against abortion but for the war?

Women should have the right, not saying I would ever do it but I don't think it's something the government can take control over.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:21 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
Why do Republicans want to force women to have a child if they were raped, yet so willingly send young men and woman to war. Someone please explain this paradox before the crazies come swooping down and hijack this thread...
Most of them do not do that. Most "pro-lifers" are perfectly wiling to throw a fetus into the dumpster if the father of the fetus was a rapist. In that case, they suspend their certitude that a fetus is a human life and human life counts. The worst hypocrites are the ones that scream the loudest.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:30 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,084 times
Maybe when McCain was swooping down with his jet and not worrying about civilian life or the deaths of civilian women and children he thought about his pro-life stance??????????

Old 10-04-2008, 02:46 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Actually Calid00d,
If you really look at some statistics you will find that the quite a few murderers should have been aborted, instead they grow up unloved and unwanted and victims of foster homes and cruel and sometimes abusive caretakers. Think about it almost 20 years ago they stopped abortions and when those kids grew up a great deal of crime was committed during that time period.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Actually Calid00d,
If you really look at some statistics you will find that the quite a few murderers should have been aborted, instead they grow up unloved and unwanted and victims of foster homes and cruel and sometimes abusive caretakers. Think about it almost 20 years ago they stopped abortions and when those kids grew up a great deal of crime was committed during that time period.
I think you're on an interesting analytical track. Maybe such statistics exist---I would like to see a chart showing the year of birth of all the people in the past 50 years who have been convicted of violent crimes. I wonder what the graph would look like---what were the formative childhood years of the most people who became violent criminals?

Old 10-04-2008, 03:17 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,766,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Maybe when McCain was swooping down with his jet and not worrying about civilian life or the deaths of civilian women and children he thought about his pro-life stance??????????
You are pathetic...

Old 10-04-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
You are pathetic...

Why don't you answer the question? How can a soldier be "pro-life" when he has been trained and sent to the battlefield specifically for the purpose of killing people who may be innocent? If I knew then that McCain and others had been sent to VietNam to kill people based on a pack of lies, how come the future president couldn't figure that out?

Old 10-04-2008, 03:39 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,025,900 times
Why makes a democrat a baby killer? I don't understand this concept. I also don't understand pro life Christians who are pro death penalty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies