Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2008, 08:17 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebunni221 View Post
Abortion is murder. End of story.
Forced pregnancy is slavery. End of story.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:20 PM

17 posts, read 18,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
How is pregnancy slavery? It is a natural desire for women to want to be pregnant. It is how our civilization survives. Inspire me, please.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyez02403 View Post
So special consideration should be given to certain types of cancers as well???
No but some parasites are required to maintain our health. Our digestive track is filled with such.
Look its a personal choice we don't have to agree with. If I were a 16 yr old girl and found myself pregnant. I would take a bullet train to a clinic. Reality. single moms have it tough. Single moms often are outcasts as a result from their families. That is the reality. Besides kids raising kids more often than not results in problem children.
Would I opt to use abortion as birth control? NO. I can't imagine a more degrading experience.
We should not ban the procedure becuase some preacher calls it evil. I will not judge a teenager for getting pregnant. That is unless its a chronic issue for said teenager. It happens.

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
No, not just the lord. If you read the post, they are not ready because it will impede on their social(time lost on raising) and or economic life... Very little for health(theirs or the babies) reasons. Very little for rape or incest...
Ah, I see. It's the old 93% of all abortions are done for the sake of convenience argument, convenience being defined as anything less than averting an imminent threat or prospect of death.

In that light, let's confront this alternative scenario. Assuming an absence of biological defect, a typical woman could expect to conceive and give birth to about 20 children over the course of a reproductive lifetime. Perhaps a few more in some cases. Is a woman bound by that biological imperative, or may she take steps to conceive and give birth at times and under conditions of her own choosing? If such choice is to be permitted, are reasons of convenience (don't want any children, don't want any more children, can't afford a child right now, etc.) to be seen as valid reasons for making such determinations? More briefly put, does a woman have a right to guide her own reproductive history, or must she simply cast her fate to the wind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
Just because a fetus is a parasite doesn't mean it should be aborted or treated in the same way OTHER parasites will/would be treated.
The world ain't fair

Old 11-01-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
How is pregnancy slavery? It is a natural desire for women to want to be pregnant. It is how our civilization survives. Inspire me, please.
Forced pregnancy is slavery. Have to read things in context. As soon as you produce an essay as to why abortion of an unwanted parasite is murder, I shall deliver an answer as to the link between forced pregnancy and enslaving a woman. Now that I think about it, I could very logically and easily link forced pregnancy to abuse too.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:23 PM

17 posts, read 18,015 times
Quote:
Forced pregnancy is slavery. Have to read things in context. As soon as you produce an essay as to why abortion of an unwanted parasite is murder, I shall deliver an answer as to the link between forced pregnancy and enslaving a woman. Now that I think about it, I could very logically and easily link forced pregnancy to abuse too.
How is pregnancy forced if a woman can only have sex when a man tells her she can?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
And---it doesn't feel so right or good to have someone from the other side make such wholly encompassing statements, does it?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
How is pregnancy forced if a woman can only have sex when a man tells her she can?
How is abortion murder when the fetus isn't self sufficient and therefore not alive in the first place? We can play this game all night.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:25 PM

713 posts, read 1,866,152 times
Quote:
Is there such a thing as forced pregnancy? In the case of rape perhaps, but otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies