Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 04:33 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I have a T-shirt that says"Not all republicans are a**holes,but all a**holes are republicans"......I've had it for a couple of years and it gets laughs or sideways looks everytime I wear it...Get ya one at Cafe Press
I know plenty of unsavory people who are democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 05:50 PM

524 posts, read 942,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Zednem you're posting a republican resume but that salesmanship isn't completely honest, now is it? The thing most lacking to have a dialog with the rest of this country (other than republicans- remember us???) is to admit where your failures occurred and how that gave deceptive results for your ideology. Your ideology too rigid in the face of failure... not rational. You've allowed yourself to resort to anything to win at the expense of the truth. Victimization of middle class... how's that working out for you? Hatred of left ideology while right ideology is in play and clearly failing... you've misspent your energy defending what was patently false when you needed to be taking corrective actions to produce intended results. Your party has failed to be accountable for ANYTHING. I won't do business with people like that IRL, and it's unacceptable to me in politics. Denying your job (contractual obligation) isn't the same as doing your job. Nothing personal, you're fired on merit. The 'market' is not the end all be all. America isn't ALL about worshiping golden calves. Markets will not police themselves when monopolistic profiteering is more lucrative, and insisting an economic tool usurp the place of governance for all is foolishness keeping me out of your party altogether. To deny all need for regulatory function of government ensuring a healthy environment for commerce and citizens alike is to admit your political party sees no need to represent in government. They put themselves on a platform of putting themselves out of a job. That being true, why be on a platform?
Blah Blah Blah! You said a whole lot of nothing. I gave facts to back up my specific argument and you talked in circles.

The government has never been the answer to any of our problems... often they are the cause of them! Name one thing the government does well?

Don't give me this condescending attitude! My party has not failed... it has failings. The Republican Party is filled with politicians that are Liberal, Moderate, and now "Compassionate"... there are only a few CONSERVATIVE Republicans left! I am Conservative! G.W. Bush is NOT Conservative... He is a LIBERAL! The Republican Party has strayed away from its base of voters and has suffored for it!

Everything the Democrats have been accusing Republicans of... is stuff they have been doing!

Old 11-23-2008, 06:26 PM

524 posts, read 942,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
"Not all republicans are a**holes,but all a**holes are republicans
The name of this thread is... Why Is The Republican Party A Magnet For Hate Groups?

The largest hate group out there IS the Democratic Party!

Quote:
Zednem you're posting a republican resume but that salesmanship isn't completely honest, now is it?
Name one thing that I said that was NOT factual?!

Quote:
The thing most lacking to have a dialog with the rest of this country (other than republicans- remember us???) is to admit where your failures occurred and how that gave deceptive results for your ideology. Your ideology too rigid in the face of failure... not rational.
There is way more dialog from our side than from yours! John McCain had the best record for reaching across the isle to Democrats and Obama had the worst! (Look it up if you don't believe me!) That is why he did not win! McCain continuously reached across the isle... so much that Republicans viewed him as no better than a Democrat!

Even Conservative talk radio puts all Liberal callers to the front of the calls so they can debate their ideologies. Where as the Liberal media just does a story on Republicans without giving them a chance to defend themselves or debate.

Quote:
You've allowed yourself to resort to anything to win at the expense of the truth.
Al Gore, John Kerry, and B. Obama told every crowd they talked to... whatever they wanted to hear. A.C.O.R.N. has been convicted in the past in 6 different states of voter registration fraud! (Look it up!) Right now, they are being investigated for voter fraud and mis-use of funds in 14 states! They claim that they are a non-partisan group but all of the voters that they sign up happen to vote Democratic straight ticket! Their political action committee officially endorsed Barack Obama! Yet, the Democrats continuously accuse Republicans of voter fraud but defend all of ACORN’s actions! Google it or type in voter fraud ACORN in Youtube!

Quote:
Victimization of middle class... how's that working out for you?
What victimization? The Democratic party has to victimize everyone in order to get votes! Blacks, gays, the environment, animal rights, eating meat... you name it and they have tried to victimize someone!

Quote:
Hatred of left ideology while right ideology is in play and clearly failing... you've misspent your energy defending what was patently false when you needed to be taking corrective actions to produce intended results. Your party has failed to be accountable for ANYTHING. I won't do business with people like that IRL, and it's unacceptable to me in politics. Denying your job (contractual obligation) isn't the same as doing your job. Nothing personal, you're fired on merit.
This does not even dignify a response... have you ever picked up a book? Have you done any research for yourself or have you gotten all of your information from 'Moveon.org'?

Quote:
The 'market' is not the end all be all.
If the government will get out of the people's lives and trying to micromanage all businesses from the Oval office! Businesses are too highly regulated and too many restrictons have been placed on them. The free market has given us all of our medicines, medical break throughs, luxuries, technologies, and millions of other things that YOU take for granted!

Quote:
Markets will not police themselves when monopolistic profiteering is more lucrative, and insisting an economic tool usurp the place of governance for all is foolishness keeping me out of your party altogether. To deny all need for regulatory function of government ensuring a healthy environment for commerce and citizens alike is to admit your political party sees no need to represent in government. They put themselves on a platform of putting themselves out of a job. That being true, why be on a platform?
It is the OVER-Regulation of government that kills the middle class and small businesses!!!!!!!!!!! If you give the government an inch they ALWAYS take a mile!! Can you not be trusted in business?! I am an adult and perfectly capable of running my own business without government interferance! There is nothing wrong with making a profit!

The United States of America was designed to have very minimal government and over the years that has continued to increase! This is NOT a good thing!! Look at your history!

Old 11-23-2008, 06:29 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post
The name of this thread is... Why Is The Republican Party A Magnet For Hate Groups?

The largest hate group out there IS the Democratic Party!

There are days when I don't have enough rep points to give you and this is one of them. Thanks for the great post anyway.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:58 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I know plenty of unsavory people who are democrats.
fight fire with fire.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:00 AM

64 posts, read 131,136 times
Quote:
You are spot on. It is the central reason why I have nothing but disdain for the Republican party. Many of their constituents need to be quarantined because of the beliefs they hold.
Spoken like a true fascist, and yes I hate you and your kind!

Old 11-25-2008, 06:38 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
Is it really necessary for someone, anyone, to state the obvious? All real "hate groups" in the U.S. align, to one degree or another, with the Republican Party. KKK, skinheads, many others that are not household names. All of these groups are in the business of KILLING PEOPLE that they see as "not just like them"! All of these groups detest anything that they percieve of as change. Most use violent methods to resist change. There are NO such groups that align themselves with the Democratic Party! People will cite such groups as the ACLU as Democratic hate groups, but that is patently ridiculous! ACLU "hates" no one, and works to protect the civil liberties of ALL Americans!

Old 11-25-2008, 06:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I don't hate anyone but I do despise most of the policies of the Republican Party.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:00 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I don't hate anyone but I do despise most of the policies of the Republican Party.
then I guess you are not a "hate group"!

Old 11-25-2008, 08:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Why Is The Republican Party A Magnet For Hate Groups?

Because hate is a natural teammate with fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies