Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 08:23 PM

86 posts, read 171,742 times

Advertisements

Nope.

Answers to Your Questions For a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality
There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 08:29 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
I mean that sexuality for the most part is formed during adolescence, if a child has a favorable heterosexual experience, then they will natrually be more inclined to turn out straight. Same thing for homosexuality.
Soooooo ----- I still don't get you.

Are you saying that everyone is sexually fluid until some point after puberty -- say, 23-25? That prior to that, anyone can become gay if given the right (or wrong depending upon your views) environment?

Bull****.

I am a woman, and I will say the female form is (or at least can be ) a beautiful one. And as a woman, I can admire other womens forms.....maybe with only just a hint of envy. But the thought of getting to it, well...does nothing for me. In fact, quite the opposite. Even as a teen. I wasn't wired that way. I believe most people are wired one way or another....though I admit that I really know nothing about bisexuality -- I have no experience there. At anyrate, I believe true bisexuality to be fairly rare within the gay community. You are one or you are not. You would always have been gay or straight regardless of personal experiences.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:30 PM
JGY

347 posts, read 419,591 times
Thank you for sharing that Adelito, that is the point I have been trying to make all along--that there is no concensus, even amongst scientists as to the cause of homosexuality.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:33 PM
JGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Soooooo ----- I still don't get you.

Are you saying that everyone is sexually fluid until some point after puberty -- say, 23-25? That prior to that, anyone can become gay if given the right (or wrong depending upon your views) environment?

Yes, that is kind of what I am trying to say. I will elaborate more later.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:33 PM

yup it proves sexuality is not formed in adolescence.. which is why i posted it for you..

Old 11-21-2008, 08:35 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
Thank you for sharing that Adelito, that is the point I have been trying to make all along--that there is no concensus, even amongst scientists as to the cause of homosexuality.
And there is no consensus that people aren't born that way either.........

Old 11-21-2008, 08:40 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,623,379 times
Yes JGY, I also feel sorry for those poor homosexual animals as well, since they also 'chose' their sexual lifestyle. Yes we need to bring Christian values to these poor animals. Oh wait! I forgot that these animals can't have values or believe in religion. I guess there is no way to save them from their 'evil' desires. What can we do?

Homosexual Activity Among Animals Stirs Debate

Old 11-21-2008, 08:40 PM
JGY

So don't try to change a marital tradition in this country for a group of people who really don't have scientific proof that homosexuality is inborn.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
WebMD is about as mainstream as you can get.

Sexual Orientation

Can a Person's Sexual Orientation Be Changed?

Most experts agree that sexual orientation is not a choice and, therefore, cannot be changed. Some people who are homosexual or bisexual may hide their sexual orientation and/or live as heterosexuals to avoid the prejudice that exists against people who are homosexual and bisexual or to avoid their own moral dilemmas felt when their sexual orientation is incompatible with their personal beliefs.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
WebMD is about as mainstream as you can get.

Sexual Orientation

Can a Person's Sexual Orientation Be Changed?

Most experts agree that sexual orientation is not a choice and, therefore, cannot be changed. Some people who are homosexual or bisexual may hide their sexual orientation and/or live as heterosexuals to avoid the prejudice that exists against people who are homosexual and bisexual or to avoid their own moral dilemmas felt when their sexual orientation is incompatible with their personal beliefs.
hmm.. sounds like someone we know..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies