Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 04:41 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,205,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Gender identity issues.

That's a disorder.
Indeed. But it is not homosexuality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 04:43 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,714,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
That's inaccurate.
Homosexuality, like a "wandering uterus" as an explanation for psychosis in women, was at one time considered a legitimate diagnosis. It is not now.
Homosexuality is not, in fact, listed in the current edition of the DSM.
Thank you for saying that too! We need more fact checkers like you here.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:46 AM

Quote:
#4. It doesn't create anything. Heterosexuals have the POTENTIAL to create human life. Homosexuals cannot do that naturally.
Neither can infertile people, post-menopausal people, or anyone who uses birth control.
Guess women who produce twins without using fertility drugs should be screwing like bunny rabbits, by this logic.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
You yourself just said: nor do the vast majority of gay men that I know.

So... you even did it yourself. You put the emphasis on GAY before man.

The next time someone says "I'm a gay man"... and they put the emphasis on being gay before being a man. Remember this post.
This has to be one of the goofiest comments in the thread.
Adjectives are modifiers of the primary identifier-- so if one were actually considering oneself mainly gay, and male second, one would (in English) use the phrase "I am a male homosexual" rather than "...gay man".
Further, it is a convention of standard English (and most Germanic languages) that the adjective precedes the noun. It is a convention of standard French (and many Romance languages) that the noun often precedes the adjective.
By your logic, this would imply that French homosexual males are less gay, more manly, than American or German ones simply because of a convention of sentence structure.
And that American frogs are greener, while Italian frogs are... froggier.
WTF???

Old 11-15-2008, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Here's what I envision: you never wake up because you spent the entire night having rampant dirty sex-"grunt grunt grunt", then because you're bathed in sweat & whatnot you take a shower but wait! The lust begins again in the shower "fondle, grunt fondle" then you take it in the bedroom, kitchen table, front steps, whatever you fancy. Then you nap exhausted for 20 mins. then you wake up, do about 8 lines of coke plus those nitrate capsules while hanging in your leather swing *wink *wink, look around for some power tools to use, invite 5 of your promiscuous friends over & wash, rinse repeat! How do these gays ever get any work done???

I can't believe no one's posted this yet. Or did I miss it?

The Homosexual Agenda Revealed! Conservative Christians discover what radical homosexual activists are up to! Ex-gay Ministry: BASH Baptists Are Saving Homosexuals! Christians Proudly Hating Through Tbe Anointing of Jesus

Old 11-15-2008, 05:15 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,714,513 times
LOL. You just know that some people are going to read that and take it seriously.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:29 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,828,360 times
Well The Netherlands was the first country that Gay people could get married. It also has the most gay people who are getting a divorce, not a big surprise since it is a fact that many gay people have more relationships and one night stands than a hetero sexual.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Well The Netherlands was the first country that Gay people could get married. It also has the most gay people who are getting a divorce, not a big surprise since it is a fact that many gay people have more relationships and one night stands than a hetero sexual.

Um...how could gay people get divorced in other countries where they can't get married in the first place?

Old 11-15-2008, 06:02 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,409,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
First, congratulations about your happiness.

As for the rest, it's very possible that your daughters are all of what you have said in comparison to your heterosexual neighbor, but that does not mean that it's the case with all families. It's possible that your heterosexual neighbors are having family problems, and this has nothing to do with being married or not. Also, your perceptions will always lead you stray in relation to what is better or worst in relation to how families should be. In fact, one's perceptions are just that: one's perceptions, and nothing more.

In reality, depending of where you live at (your neighborhood), your 'lifestyle" could be seen by others as abnormal, or as normal. But the bottom line is that the fairest way for children to develop their sexuality is in a situation where there there are good male and female role models they can identify with. Having only one sex role model (two males, or two females) is lopsided. Why do I believe this way, you may ask? The answer is as follows:

From a very early age, children begin to develop their sexuality. As they mature within a normal and non-abusive family, the average girl develops sexually based on traits, actions (or whatever you may want to call them) related to her father. As the girl matures, she is drawn sexually to those things within the family (father) that made her comfortable, happy, etc. So, she relates or identifies with the same things as she comes in contact with boys. The same situation happens in the case of boys, for their sexuality develops in a similar manner as the girls, except that they in turn see in girls things they like about their mothers.

This is the ideal family situation I am referring to.
This is an over-simplification of the psychosocial and psychosexual development of children. However I agree that having positive role models of both sexes is a good thing if possible, but - the role models don't necessarily have to be just the parents.

Also, I note that you used words like "ideal" and "non-abusive." Unfortunately, the "ideal" is often just an "ideal".

So would you say children would be better off growing up with two well adjusted, self aware, loving, supportive moms with lots of male relatives and friends involved in their lives or with a dysfunctional abusive heterosexual couple?

By the way, our daughters are straight and have no problems relating to the opposite sex. I look forward to seeing them marrying intelligent, caring men one day.

Last edited by Ceist; 11-15-2008 at 06:55 AM..

Old 11-15-2008, 06:13 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,914,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I keep reading that people are not against gay people, but are against (or at least do not agree with) 'the homosexual lifestyle'. Well, what is that? What does that mean to you?
What it means to me?? Those lucky Bastards ! Two Big Incomes,No kids,NO college,weddings, no arguring on who Left the toilet seat up !Instead of spending weekends on a soccer field they party at all the posh spots like The keys,hamptons,fire island,south beach !! Are we against ??? or just jealous.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies