Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 06:25 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
What it means to me?? Those lucky Bastards ! Two Big Incomes,No kids,NO college,weddings, no arguring on who Left the toilet seat up !Instead of spending weekends on a soccer field they party at all the posh spots like The keys,hamptons,fire island,south beach !! Are we against ??? or just jealous.......
Wow - a hetero guy who envies homo guys? You're a rare breed, I think. Tell us more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 06:36 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,837 times
yea ! I have some Gay friends and Brother in law, and I Go to the Hamptons and Fire Island, Key west alot..I Have Fun partying with you Guys!....though they can be just as Bitchy[or worse] than Women....lol. I guess you can say ''envy'' in a way....just not in the Bed room!!!LOL

Old 11-15-2008, 07:35 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Well The Netherlands was the first country that Gay people could get married. It also has the most gay people who are getting a divorce, not a big surprise since it is a fact that many gay people have more relationships and one night stands than a hetero sexual.
You're not very smart, are you? Now, just why do you think there is a statistic that says the Netherlands has a high divorce rate with gays? Duh!!!! It's because it's LEGAL for gays to get married there. So OF COURSE there will be numbers that include gay divorces if you have gay marriage, just like you have numbers for divorces amongst heterosexuals because it's legal for heterosexuals to get married. Do you even THINK about things before you post???

Old 11-15-2008, 07:43 AM

12 posts, read 19,931 times
Talking humble themself

I do not feel the gay people should be told they can't do this are that . How ever I do feel they much fight there own fight and not try to pull the world in it And most Gay people seen to be so unkind for what I do not know, but anyway I feel they need to humble themself and learn more of God before they run from him, and if they are she he's, or he she's who cares they can be what ever they went to be but please be kind and nice You will get more people to gfight with you when they see you are worth fighting for

Old 11-15-2008, 08:33 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm reminded of my hetero next-door-neighbor, who has practically begged me not to move because he's so worried about who might move in next to him.

I'm a quiet homo.
I have had neighbors at our neighborhood watch meetings jokingly ask me to move on to their block. My " straight neighbors across from me and behind me said " you can't have him, he's ours". I watch out for all my neighbors, straight, gay, old and young.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:35 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Pride Festivals are no more definitive of all gay people than after-prom behavior is of all adolescents.
Or of spring break of all college age students.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:04 AM

401 posts, read 685,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I keep reading that people are not against gay people, but are against (or at least do not agree with) 'the homosexual lifestyle'. Well, what is that? What does that mean to you?
It is really hard to pin down a gay lifestyle. I have known gays that look like straight laced business people, and I have known gays who talk with a lisp and dress like they are going to a disco, some gays are republican some are democrats, some are really touchy about their sexuality and fly off the handle and assume everything is about homophobia. Others are very open to intelligent discussion. Some live a construction worker type lifestyle, and some work in flower shops.

While some are a walking stereotype, others you would have to hide in thier bedroom closet to find out they are gay.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:56 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,022,976 times
He hasn't had any surgery, but he does want to be seen as a woman.

Physically he's still a man, who likes men
he's gay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Actually, that would be transgendered, not gay.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
yea ! I have some Gay friends and Brother in law, and I Go to the Hamptons and Fire Island, Key west alot..I Have Fun partying with you Guys!....though they can be just as Bitchy[or worse] than Women....lol.
It's interesting you say that your gay friends are "as bitchy as women". Did you know that gay male brains resemble straight women's brains? It's true!

The news came out a few months ago, but I still find it fascinating. It certainly gives credence to the argument that being gay is not a choice.

Brains of gay men show similarities to those of heterosexual women, study says - Los Angeles Times

Old 11-15-2008, 03:48 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,171,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
This is an over-simplification of the psychosocial and psychosexual development of children. However I agree that having positive role models of both sexes is a good thing if possible, but - the role models don't necessarily have to be just the parents.

Also, I note that you used words like "ideal" and "non-abusive." Unfortunately, the "ideal" is often just an "ideal".

So would you say children would be better off growing up with two well adjusted, self aware, loving, supportive moms with lots of male relatives and friends involved in their lives or with a dysfunctional abusive heterosexual couple?

By the way, our daughters are straight and have no problems relating to the opposite sex. I look forward to seeing them marrying intelligent, caring men one day.
I disagree with you. In my view (in relating to children's early stages of sexual development), good parents of both sexes are of utmost importance, and any deviation from it creates confusion in their young minds. However, I agree with you in relation to having good role models in the family, friends, etc. The ideal family would be one where there is a good male and a good female parent raising their children, not abusive parents. Early age is the best time for children to assimilate and learn from their environment, parents, friends, etc., and the time when their individualities form in their minds. That is the time when all their experiences become "their norm."

Last edited by RayinAK; 11-15-2008 at 04:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies