Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 08:21 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
I never had a gay relationship, because God showed me through humbling me, that homosexuality is not the way to go.

I could have very well turned completely gay, but I chose to follow God instead.
Oh really? he showed you? did he come down and have coffee with you? Look. You can't pray the gay away. Anyone who thinks they can is just fooling themselves in a desperate attempt to fit into the mainstream.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:25 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,489 times
[quote=JGY;6180033]Yeah but I have lots of feelings, I choose to ignore them though. Once I commit to a woman, I will give her my undying love.
quote]

THAT'S right and healthy! Got feelings? Ignore them! Ignore your body and your soul and do what your church tells you is 'right.'
I feel so sad for you.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:19 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
Quote:
Just to let everyone know here, I at one time identified as being gay. I no longer hold that belief. I do believe that homosexuality is a product of nurture and environment and I do believe that there is alot of choice when it comes to this issue.

I don't believe that gays were born that way.

I believe in traditional marriage and I will help in any way possible to keep it that way.
You can't choose your sexual orientation and what made you 'change' to heterosexuality. Homosexuals who 'switch' to heterosexuality tend to be suppressing their true sexuality. Also, why are you so against gay marriage, how does a homosexual couple in a committed relationship infringe on your freedom by having the ability to get married.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:37 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
Quote:
I don't have to give you my sexual history, but if I did you would be surprised and might change your tune.

I was almost gay, I even went so far as to embrace the gay identity, but I chose not to follow through on it to its conclusion. It is funny you are saying that I am not gay, while other gays on other sites swear I am gay and was born that way, and am in denial. So which is it?
How is someone 'almost' gay. Can you be 'almost' heterosexual. How do you know that you were gay if you were never in a gay relationship. Someone's sexual history has nothing to do with whether they're gay/straight/bi. Homosexuality is when someone has romantic attractions to someone of the same sex. A homosexual can be celibate or never have had sex before. Also, what is this 'gay identity' and what is heterosexual identity then, homosexuality isn't some kind of organization, it is someone's sexual orientation.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:47 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Just to let everyone know here, I at one time identified as being gay. I no longer hold that belief. I do believe that homosexuality is a product of nurture and environment and I do believe that there is alot of choice when it comes to this issue.

I believe in traditional marriage and I will help in any way possible to keep it that way.
No, Mr. Ignorance. Not everyone has a choice. If they had a choice, would they want to be picked on and HATED by people around them?

If someone had the choice, I am sure they would pick being straight before being gay. It is very hard to be gay and deal with it.

I suggest your take your narrow minded views somewhere else.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
How do you know that you were gay if you were never in a gay relationship
Well, that's pretty easy to answer. Everyone has feelings and attractions. You don't have to try out being gay and then being straight to know which one you prefer.

Quote:
Also, what is this 'gay identity' and what is heterosexual identity then, homosexuality isn't some kind of organization, it is someone's sexual orientation.
Oh, but for many, it is their identity.

When a man or woman first "comes out of the closet", it can be a good thing to strongly identify with other gays. Eventually, some move on, and their sexual orientation becomes less important; others want to immerse themselves in "gayness". They have a right to do that, of course, but I happen to think it can be really limiting.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Originally Posted by JGY
I never had a gay relationship, because God showed me through humbling me, that homosexuality is not the way to go.

I could have very well turned completely gay, but I chose to follow God instead.

Oh my god! Please don't make me laugh that hard again.
LOL! Did God come down and tell you this?
I cannot stop laughing at how stupid you sound!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:49 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
You can't choose your sexual orientation and what made you 'change' to heterosexuality. Homosexuals who 'switch' to heterosexuality tend to be suppressing their true sexuality. Also, why are you so against gay marriage, how does a homosexual couple in a committed relationship infringe on your freedom by having the ability to get married.
JGY needs to see the movie "Far From Heaven", 2002 starring Julianne Moore & Dennis Quaid.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:40 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
and denying your heterosexuality is a choice too.
Wow how long have you been straight? Are you in a relationship?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:45 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:

It's good to know that we have someone with us that knows more than all of the doctors and scientists.,
Perhaps you need to change career paths. Truth is, you are still gay, you're just trying to fool yourself... and your wife... It won't work....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies