Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2008, 09:46 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,702,727 times

Advertisements

Won't happen. He did the crime now he does the time. He could have gotten a lot more than he did. Judge Glass gave him a gift. She could have sentenced him to life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 09:48 PM

825 posts, read 2,820,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Lulu101, Do you have children? Would you "get over" it if your child or brother was murdered viciously with unbelievable cruelty?

If someone stabbed MY child 19 times I would NEVER get over my anger at that evil murderer. Especially since Ron Goldman's murderer-OJ Simpson- walked away free due to jury nullification.
And then, some years later, wrote a hypothetical book about what he would have done had he committed the crimes. Tacky.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
The guy has a record as a abuser. he was tired for mudering two peole and a civil jury found against him. He then got with his thugs friends and pulled a hiest at gun piont. He got what he deserved in sentencing.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:54 AM

998 posts, read 1,514,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
The death of a child however it happended has to be the most devastating thing to happen to a parent, but there is a difference between a child being murdered and a child dying of an illness. Just like lulu, I feel for them over the loss, but both Fred and Kim just come across as greedy. Even this sentence isn't going to make them feel any better. Only thing that will is if they got their hands on millions- that would shut them up. OJ has kids who need to attend college and whatever he has left should go to them. Yes the Goldmans need to quit. Nothing will ever bring Ron back.
What kind of twisted logic is that?

No offense to the gal who lost her toddler to illness but at least that wasn't preventable.

Murder doesn't have to happen. So you're right - they are not equal, but you've got it backwards.

OJ has kids that need college. Pfffft. What about college for Ron Goldman who was working his butt off as a lowly waiter and is now dead because he helped a friend find her mothers glasses at the restaurant where he worked? Ron can't go to college now can he?

Good grief some of you people make me ill, and I am sure were it YOUR child, you'd be singing a different tune.

Lastly, Fred said it DID make him feel better that OJ got convicted. Quit making things up.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:19 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
What kind of twisted logic is that?

No offense to the gal who lost her toddler to illness but at least that wasn't preventable.

Murder doesn't have to happen. So you're right - they are not equal, but you've got it backwards.

OJ has kids that need college. Pfffft. What about college for Ron Goldman who was working his butt off as a lowly waiter and is now dead because he helped a friend find her mothers glasses at the restaurant where he worked? Ron can't go to college now can he?

Good grief some of you people make me ill, and I am sure were it YOUR child, you'd be singing a different tune.

Lastly, Fred said it DID make him feel better that OJ got convicted. Quit making things up.
OJ allegedly committed the crime, NOT his children. They have suffered too. Remember they lost their mother at a young age.

As for Fred he'll never be satisfied...you just know it. Besides, revenge is never enough for the agrieved and only starts a never-ending cycle.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:24 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
I hate to say this, but I think the Goldman family needs to get over it. It's been 13 years now. Hopefully this verdict will satisfy them and they can stop being so angry and move on with their lives.
Are you serious?? The Goldman's will never get over it! Their child WAS MURDERED by that poor excuse of a human!

Old 12-07-2008, 03:33 AM

998 posts, read 1,514,038 times
Quote:
OJ allegedly committed the crime, NOT his children. They have suffered too. Remember they lost their mother at a young age.

As for Fred he'll never be satisfied...you just know it. Besides, revenge is never enough for the agrieved and only starts a never-ending cycle.
Oh ok Nostradamus.

At least OJ's kids are alive.

He was found responsible for wrongful death in a civil court. Nothing "alleged" about it. He owes them the settlement.

If you want to be angry at someone be angry at the court. It isn't like the Goldmans mind controlled them.

THEY ARE LEGALLY ENTITLED TO THE MONEY. Nothing greedy about seeking court ordered damages.

And if you really think that OJ's kids won't go to college because of this you need to have your head examined. If they don't go, it will have been by their own choice. Plus, there's no law that says parents have to pay for college. I paid for my own, and OJ came from poverty himself and managed to get into college.

Anyway, I'm done with your silliness, which is just a cover for what you would really like to say about this. Yeah, it's that obvious because no one could possibly honestly subscribe to the sort of warped logic you are espousing here.

Last edited by Guero; 12-07-2008 at 04:08 AM..

Old 12-07-2008, 09:57 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
Yeah, he was kinda like a kid that threw a rock thru a window, knew he was the one that did it, and showed no remorse for the action period. what a big brat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
During his initial appearance and his bond hearing - he was quite arrogant

Old 12-07-2008, 10:01 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
What no rioting yet? No screaming angry Black people outside the court? I guess the Black community just ain't feeling no love for brotha OJ this time.
your no better than he(OJ) is.. scum. so is ron goldman

Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
because it is a race thing. i was eating in the cafeteria in college when the verdict on the murder case came in. every single black person in the cafeteria was going crazy because they were so happy. if it were a white person....they wouldn't give a rat's a$$.
Every single black person? Were there only 2?

I keep seeing all the recounts of how black people celebrated the OJ win....but I don't recall my family doing anything special and I lived in an all black neighborhood. I don't remember any of my neighbors running into the streets screaming "We did it". Well there was that one black kid who ran out of the courthouse and screams "He's innocent!"...oh wait that was that movie Time To Kill. Yeah I guess I don't have any OJ victory memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
One of the great places to test the barometer of African American public opinion is in a barber shop or beauty salon where one can always find a free flowing live conversation on any issue, the Simpson case was no different. One of the things that I found during the entire period of the Simpson case was the dramatic turnaround in black public opinion regarding OJ.

During the initial phases of the case, most folks in my barber shop either didn't give a damn about the case, or just thought that OJ, was guilty as hell. It wasn't until the onset of the OJ, all the time 2 4/7 coverage that I began to detect a shift in opinion from apathy and guilt to questioning and eventual support for his innocence. The more white commentators like Geraldo Rivera were perceived to trumpeted OJ's guilt the more African Americans became adamant in his innocence. It was as if ever miscarriage of justice was some how trans configured into Simpson, a person who most African Americans didn't give moment of thought for prior to the murders and after the end of his football career.

Personally, I found the transformation in public opinion quite interesting, understandable and yet baffling. Of, course the dynamic duo of Clark and Dardin did everything in their power to put on a comedic performance masquerading as a prosecution, with a cast of characters befitting any hit sit-com. But I was surprised by the verdict. Frankly, I thought that you could throw out 2/3rds of the physical evidence and still could have found him guilty (which would have been my advice to the prosecution).

Then a remarkable thing happened that confirmed my suspicion that the support for Simpson wasn't actually support for OJ the person but OJ, the symbol of African American perceptions of the criminal justice system. At the same barber shop that I watched the support for Simpson during his criminal trial, completely evaporate during the civil case brought by the Goldmans, support that has remained non-existent in the years following those trials and remains non-existent today.

OJ, served his purpose as the aggrieved surrogate for African American's historically valid perceptions of racially biased miscarriages of justice, and when he no longer served that purpose, he was rejected, as many felt he had rejected the African American community long ago.

I think the whole think would make a great thesis for a social psychologist.
you are so right. I remember when I was watching the chase on the news I was like "isn't that the guy from Naked Gun" and then we turned and started watching Martin. The OJ trial was not a hot topic of conversation in my household.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies