Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your sexual orientation?
Straight 215 75.17%
Gay 47 16.43%
Bi 24 8.39%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 04:17 AM

204 posts, read 201,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Yeah because gay bashing never occurs here And your side says we play the victims.........

And wow another roundabout thread about the gay issue started by a straight person...........
Frankly I see no point in offering the homosexual another opportunity to affirm an identity rooted in their own confusion, by simply answering a poll.

The last thread was initiated by someone who considered themselves 'gay', and we all know how that one ended. So, this may, in fact, be an easier question for the homosexual to answer. Better take advantage of the easy questions when you can get them. Homosexuals are apparently not equipped to handle discussions beyond this level.

Last edited by Pennsylvanian1; 05-25-2011 at 04:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 04:26 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Jesus didn't write it but God had a few guys write it and Jesus is God, so read the bible and see how he feels about gay acts.
I wasn't aware that Canaanite temple prostitution or using rital sex worshipping pagan fertility gods were "gay" acts.
Or that straight males threatening to rape male strangers were "gay" acts.

There's nothing in the Bible about homosexuality. You are confusing ancient idolatrous worshipping practices or gang rape of strangers as something that gay people do. Much more likely that these people were "straight" anyway.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:32 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Being as this forum has pretty much become a gay supporting and Christian-bashing forum, I want to know how many people here are actually gay.
C's have their very own folder and sub-folder.
Ah, yes, the C's are oppressed meme.
How boring.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:08 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I hate to break it to you, but Jesus was actually a liberal hippie. I bet he even had a few gay flings.
I'm not sure I'd go that far Although I'm sure it's quite likely some of the people Jesus hung out with were gay. One or more of the Apostles could have been. Maybe even Paul, since it was very uncommon for a Pharisee to not be married. Regardless, I don't think Jesus (assuming he knew about orientation, and the Bible seems to imply he wasn't omniscient like God the Father) really cared. Attacking people for being attracted to members of their same-sex didn't seem to register on Jesus' to do list.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:41 AM

859 posts, read 2,829,360 times
I'm straight because Women are just too much fun not to be.. I understand lesbians. Again, Women are just too much fun.... but I don't see the attraction gay men have for each other.

I feel they have the right to do as they please and support their rights. At the end of the day it is their lives to live as they please but I still don't understand it...

Old 05-25-2011, 09:20 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Last time I noticed, the LGBT community represented roughly 10% of the U.S. population according to demographical figures.

On CD, at least from looking at the current voting results, they represent over 25%. This is not a uncommon, though. It is well known that the LBGT community, as well as atheists and racists, have a much larger presence on anonymous internet forums than they do in open society.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:09 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johna01374 View Post
I'm straight because Women are just too much fun not to be.. I understand lesbians. Again, Women are just too much fun.... but I don't see the attraction gay men have for each other.

I feel they have the right to do as they please and support their rights. At the end of the day it is their lives to live as they please but I still don't understand it...

Men are HOT!! And so much fun, too!

Old 05-25-2011, 03:12 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Being as this forum has pretty much become a gay supporting and Christian-bashing forum, I want to know how many people here are actually gay.

Don't kid yourself, there are plenty of gay Christians too.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:13 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,625 times
I am surprised that a whopping 26% of the people here on city-data is Homosexual. This is way higher than the national average. City-data attracts more Homosexuals than a Lady Gaga concert, lol.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:15 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
This would be a great poll to employ some birther logic. For instance I can conclude that since certain members have not yet voted, that they must have something to hide. Because of this, I must finally conclude that these same members are secretly gay unless they prove otherwise.

See how that works?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies