Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:29 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
The problem is your premise which is George Bush is to be hated by everyone. I am refusing to allow you start the debate on that assumption. You dont like this tact because your media has told you to hate Bush and you accept this and want to project this falsehood onto others.

This Administration may be a failure in your opinion

not mine

This administration's failure is a matter of public record, not opinion.

Despite that, you're welcome to hold an opinion counter to the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 10:39 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Your links are worthless. Unsubstantieated BS. Bring the direct quote and a name from a person in the room

And I cant believe you expect me to accept on face some garbage you googled up in fantasy cyber land

Google it for yourself, Thomas.

I get 290,000 hits. See if you can beat me.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:42 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,453 times
Quote:
Im not trolling. Im stemming the tide unsubstantiated attacks on my President by people who are to lazy or stupid to think for themselves
I think for myself and I think George W. Bush is a moron. Okay, let's even ignore the Iraq War for a second, the fact the he introduced the Federal Marriage Amendment to NATIONALLY redefine marriage as between ONLY a man and a woman would have made him the subject of my ire. There, I think that's a good enough excuse aside from the Iraq War to hate him.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:43 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,453 times
Quote:
The problem is your premise which is George Bush is to be hated by everyone. I am refusing to allow you start the debate on that assumption. You dont like this tact because your media has told you to hate Bush and you accept this and want to project this falsehood onto others.

This Administration may be a failure in your opinion

not mine
Um, have you been living under a rock the past eight years? Because I'd wager to say that at least 80% of Americans disagree with your assertions.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:22 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I would have no problem with ID being taught in schools, as long as it is not the hijacked version that tries to prove a 6000 year old earth. True ID is actually a scientific hypothesis and the validity of it as a scientific discussion is just as valid as the big bang. Bradley Monton is one of the names that comes to mind of someone who makes good points for ID being taught in school. And he is an atheist, philosopher, with a phd. ID as a subject has been very politicized though, and whenever that happens, truth be damned.
Agree. Most people don't know there is actually a difference between ID and creation science. Liberals and their hatred of religion have done a good job at making people think ID and creationism are the same thing.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Agree. Most people don't know there is actually a difference between ID and creation science. Liberals and their hatred of religion have done a good job at making people think ID and creationism are the same thing.
Why do some believe that pointing fingers in the other direction is the best answer? Could it be that religiosity just clings onto creationism a bit too much? That what is in Bible is true, verbatim? In fact, Bush got into "trouble" by the "social" conservatives for saying what he did a few days ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies