Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 06:41 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Let me ask you this ... If you were to personally discover a miracle cure for cancer or AIDS, would you keep this knowledge to yourself? For a Christian to not share their beliefs would be (for them) the equivalent of keeping the cure for cancer or AIDS to themselves. I'm sorry if some Christians have rubbed you the wrong way but many of us trully care about the eternal souls of non-believers even if we sometimes put our foot into our mouths while witnessing.

OH! So go on and forcing Christianity down others peoples throats is fine. Like I said Ms Connie, let me sing the Vedas to you!

I am sure you would LOVE that.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:45 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
The right to be able to speak up about my religion the way Christians can. The religious freedom to NOT hear Merry "Christmas". The religious freedom to NOT be damned to "Hell". It is sad that the majority (Christians) like to oppress other religions. Very very sad.

And I think is it bad for me! Try talking to my friend who practices Islam! She can go on about how there is no religious freedom unless you just happen to be Christian.

And I agree.
So Muslims are NOT allowed to worship Allah here in America?

The heck. I guess I must be mistaken. Apparently all these Mosques are make believe... List of mosques in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-25-2008, 06:45 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
LOL! You think I am able to take away other peoples freedom to worship by what I think? Yeah right. But thanks for implying I might have that power.

I am just another number and useless person to you all who is going to "hell". My opinion does not matter.

Santa is popular because..he is Santa and gives presents to kids. Nothing to do with "Christmas".
I don't consider you to be "just another number and useless person ... who is going to hell" and neither do many Christians. The fact that we take the time to witness to non-believers such as yourself testifies that we CARE about you even if you don't perceive it that way. With all of the flack that Christians get for witnessing, wouldn't it be easier for us to just keep it to ourselves? We could do that but it would be extremely selfish on our part if we stop sharing the gospel.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:

OH! So go on and forcing Christianity down others peoples throats is fine. Like I said Ms Connie, let me sing the Vedas to you!

Go right ahead. *awaits*

Old 12-25-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
So Muslims are NOT allowed to worship Allah here in America?

The heck. I guess I must be mistaken. Apparently all these Mosques are make believe... List of mosques in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I believe that we have temples for just about every religion here in the US. If that's not religious freedom, then I don't know what is.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:49 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
I don't find it offensive. I just think it is stupid that everything shuts down for it. I think it is stupid that the government recognizes it. If it recognizes all "Christmas", then it should recognize ALL of them.
I think that's pretty hypocritical, considering that you're posting that comment on Christmas Day - which means you didn't work today - which means you took advantage of a Christian Holiday that you think is stupid.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:

Tell you what ... If I'd developed a cure for cancer or some other disease, I'll be sure to keep it to myself as I would not wish to force it down anyone's throat.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:50 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Tell you what ... If I'd developed a cure for cancer or some other disease, I'll be sure to keep it to myself as I would not wish to force it down anyone's throat.
Medicine and a religion are two complete different things.

Once again, you cannot compare the two. I would share the cure but I would not shove my religion down others peoples throats.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:51 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,768,111 times
God must be out sorse-ing

Old 12-25-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I think that's pretty hypocritical, considering that you're posting that comment on Christmas Day - which means you didn't work today - which means you took advantage of a Christian Holiday that you think is stupid.
If we shut down businesses for Jewish holidays instead, I'd be grateful for getting the day off even though I'm not Jewish. If our government decides one day to declare that Christmas is not a nationally recognized holiday, we'd hear lots of complaints from non-Christians as well as Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies