Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:04 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
I'd suggest you show some manners, Hitlerbot. I'm quite aware that there have been several years since 2000 that were cooler than 2000. I'm also aware that 9 of the 10 hottest years since records have been kept have come in the last 10 years.

It's as cold today as it was in 1890 and 1926.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 11:07 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Harold Ambler: Mr. Gore: Apology Accepted

The Goreacle and his flock are infamous for ignoring such things and cherry picking the "evidence" of their hoax theory.

Good read from a surprising source.

The sham is not working - just look at Hansen's plea to Obama to DO SOMETHING!
Except the Antarctic is warming, at least at the edges, as well. Another "inconvenient truth." Funny thing about climate change.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
He is a sham. Gore lives in a HUGE mansion. Buys carbon credits to excuse is EXTREME lifestyle.

Sorry Gorebot, if the most hated anti green president can make do in 4000 square feet YOU CAN TOO.
I think it's an 80 year old house that has been brought up to state of the art from an energy standpoint. Moving into an older home and renovating it is of course much more environmentally friendly than moving into a new construction home.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Did you click on the graph in momonkey's post, or look up "make mine coal". The global temperature, according to NASA, nosedived last year. That's why the global warming sites have graphs that show an upward trend to infinity that ends at 2007. After that, it falls of a cliff. It's getting cold. Really, really cold! Don't be such a Gorebot.
Educate yourself. Global warming isn't just about "warming." It's about unprecedented climate fluctuations. We are losing 100 species per day to extinction due to climate change. Has never happened in the history of the planet. And it's due primarily to anthropogenic causes. Denial is a comforting, I know, but it won't help the next generation of humanity.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Doesn't he buy them from a company he has a financial interest in?

Let's not forget - Bush's ranch in texas is a greenies dream, and it also has been since the day it was built.
OK, OK, but the Goracle did throw some solar panels on his yacht that he said he intended to convert to Bio-diesel. Hear that starving people in third world nations who depend on America's food exports. Gore cares so much about the environment that he is going to use vegetable oil to power is boat. Guess you better stock up on Crisco while you still can and forget about corn for awhile, see we need that to make the government mandated and heavily subsidized ethanol that we burn in our cars.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,644 times
Quote:
It's as cold today as it was in 1890 and 1926.

Thanks for the weather report.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:16 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
OK, OK, but the Goracle did throw some solar panels on his yacht that he said he intended to convert to Bio-diesel. Hear that starving people in third world nations who depend on America's food exports. Gore cares so much about the environment that he is going to use vegetable oil to power is boat. Guess you better stock up on Crisco while you still can and forget about corn for awhile, see we need that to make the government mandated and heavily subsidized ethanol that we burn in our cars.
Who cares about Gore? The problem is climate change, not Al Gore.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
There is no point in arguing with fanatics. They are immune to reason.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:18 AM

312 posts, read 507,278 times
I cannot say weather I believe global warming is real or not, because I don't know much about it. However, I know that the city I live in smells better when cars burn less gas, the busses started using clean air technology, its alot more pleasant to walk around or drive behind a bus.
On the other hand, I don't think there should be laws and regulations that are rediculous. global warming or not, I'm not into fear mongoring "OMG the world will end if we use too much energy" garbage. If the left wants cleaner air, great! but they don't need to implant fear in people.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Who cares about Gore? The problem is climate change, not Al Gore.

OK, it's as cold today as it was in 1890 and the mid 20s. Looks like it might get colder too. Man-made global warming is a hoax. It doesn't exist. It's a sham.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies