Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 05:45 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times

Advertisements

Ed Rollins was Political Director to Ronald Reagan, is still a well respected voice in the GOP, and even the likes of Ed Rollins can't bite his GOP tongue; he has to speak out that even now, Bush still doesn't get it. LINK:
- Commentary: Bush still doesn't get it - CNN.com

Excerpts, on George Bush, from Rollins:
- In all my years around Washington as an observer and as a member of several administrations, I have rarely witnessed an event as bizarre as President Bush's farewell press conference yesterday.

- The mistakes of his presidency were caused by overconfidence, bad information or a certain arrogance that was still fully on display yesterday. (No argument there.)

- How can you reflect on going to war, a war of choice, and argue that "not finding weapons of mass destruction was a significant disappointment," . . . A disappointment is when you're a football fan and your team lost... (That's right George, be glib and downplay that you went to war on lies and CIA fiction.)

- Bush, referring to the Abu Ghraib scandal and the missing weapons of mass destruction, said, "I don't know if you want to call those mistakes or not, but things didn't go as planned, let's put it that way." (No George, those were not mistakes, they were huge f-ing disasters, and speaking of them in such a glib, matter of fact style only adds to the obviousness that this is more of Rove's "Big Lie" propaganda spin.)

Excerpts, on Barack Obama, from Rollins:
- One week from today, a historic presidency begins and a tarnished presidency ends. The inauguration of Barack Obama, the first African-American president, cannot come quickly enough for the vast majority of Americans. (Yes, the VAST majority is right.)
- This young man with the keen disciplined mind begins with high hopes, goodwill and a never-ending list of problems left by George Bush, the ever-confident occupant of that high office who seems like the dinner guest who will not leave. (George, just shut up and go already, will you.)
- As we hope for the change which is coming next week, I just want to pause and reflect and say to ... our new president: Best of luck and you have our prayers.

There you have it, GOP fans. Ronald Reagan is your God-like, do no wrong big man, and it was his Political Director (not some GOP lightweight) who said these things, not us Indies, Dems, Libertarians or GOP malcontents. This is YOUR inside man telling you what we've been saying for years, that the current administration is an outright failure and a disgrace and that Obama is a decent man who deserves our prayers as he seeks to bring the USA back to sanity. When the wingnuts on here take their shots at me, they're really taking shots at Ed Rollins - enjoy yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 06:06 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Yeah, I saw that article by Rollins.
It didn't surprise me ONE BIT.
He is just the latest of MANY top tier Conservatives that recognize both that the Bush Administration has been a fiasco (and indicative of how the GOP has lost it's way) and that Obama is NOT the Leftist Radical he was made out to be during the election, but rather an intelligent thoughtful and VERY CAPABLE administrator who has the potential to be a great President. All during the election, as one by one these respected members of the GOP voiced their support for Obama the Wingnuts turned on them, labeled them "traitors" and claimed ridiculously that "they were always secret Liberals at heart".

Now, even some of his detractors on this board have (to their credit) admitted that Obama is pleasantly surprising them - leaving mostly the blatant racists and those folks who just plain NEVER EVER admit they were wrong (even when it's CLEAR to everyone else that they are).

Ken

Old 01-13-2009, 06:51 PM

334 posts, read 1,268,662 times
well Obama is the next Reagan

Old 01-13-2009, 07:40 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsGiantsIndiansfan2008 View Post
well Obama is the next Reagan
I REALLY hope not.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Reagan and Obama have liitle i common as it relates to politcs and belief.Oabma said that he admired Reagan wihile disagreeing with him on polical matters. Obama hasn't even started to be measured yet.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:48 PM

272 posts, read 407,981 times
Bush just put the finishing touches on the Reagan administration, but I will take Bush criticism wherever it comes from

Old 01-13-2009, 10:58 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Ed Rollins was Political Director to Ronald Reagan, is still a well respected voice in the GOP, and even the likes of Ed Rollins can't bite his GOP tongue; he has to speak out that even now, Bush still doesn't get it. LINK:
- Commentary: Bush still doesn't get it - CNN.com

Excerpts, on George Bush, from Rollins:
- In all my years around Washington as an observer and as a member of several administrations, I have rarely witnessed an event as bizarre as President Bush's farewell press conference yesterday.

- The mistakes of his presidency were caused by overconfidence, bad information or a certain arrogance that was still fully on display yesterday. (No argument there.)

- How can you reflect on going to war, a war of choice, and argue that "not finding weapons of mass destruction was a significant disappointment," . . . A disappointment is when you're a football fan and your team lost... (That's right George, be glib and downplay that you went to war on lies and CIA fiction.)

- Bush, referring to the Abu Ghraib scandal and the missing weapons of mass destruction, said, "I don't know if you want to call those mistakes or not, but things didn't go as planned, let's put it that way." (No George, those were not mistakes, they were huge f-ing disasters, and speaking of them in such a glib, matter of fact style only adds to the obviousness that this is more of Rove's "Big Lie" propaganda spin.)

Excerpts, on Barack Obama, from Rollins:
- One week from today, a historic presidency begins and a tarnished presidency ends. The inauguration of Barack Obama, the first African-American president, cannot come quickly enough for the vast majority of Americans. (Yes, the VAST majority is right.)
- This young man with the keen disciplined mind begins with high hopes, goodwill and a never-ending list of problems left by George Bush, the ever-confident occupant of that high office who seems like the dinner guest who will not leave. (George, just shut up and go already, will you.)
- As we hope for the change which is coming next week, I just want to pause and reflect and say to ... our new president: Best of luck and you have our prayers.

There you have it, GOP fans. Ronald Reagan is your God-like, do no wrong big man, and it was his Political Director (not some GOP lightweight) who said these things, not us Indies, Dems, Libertarians or GOP malcontents. This is YOUR inside man telling you what we've been saying for years, that the current administration is an outright failure and a disgrace and that Obama is a decent man who deserves our prayers as he seeks to bring the USA back to sanity. When the wingnuts on here take their shots at me, they're really taking shots at Ed Rollins - enjoy yourself.

Ed Rollins heard Obama was hiring Republicans. End of story.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Ed Rollins heard Obama was hiring Republicans. End of story.
I rest my case.

Ken

Old 01-14-2009, 05:02 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Well done, counselor...

Old 01-14-2009, 06:21 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Wink Bush Blasted by Reagan Advisor, who praises Obama

Rollins is solid evidence that not all remaining hardcore Republicans are brain dead neocons or religious nutjobs. But I wonder if there's another one somewhere...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies