Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 03:54 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoboy View Post
The issue is not that he changed his name. The point is that it supports the idea that he is not a "natural born citizen" as required in the US Constitution. Follow the link. Barry Soetoro in Oxy, Barry Soetoro as Indonesian student where Indonesian citizenship is required for registration. With Indonesian citizenship, not US citizenship. No US citizenship, not a natural born citizen. Not a natural born citizen, not constitutionally qualified to serve in the office. I could care less whether he has an IQ of 240 and can do long division while teleporting to the west wing, the US Constitution precludes his serving in the position. Period.
Followed the link. Doesn't say anywhere that the name Soetoro was used. Indonesian laws are completely irrelevant to American citizenship. If you want to prove he's not natural-born, you'll have to prove he wasn't born in Hawaii. Despite the state saying he was. Period.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Isn't it Obama that talked about "TRANSPARENCY"??????? Where is the transparency?

This has nothing to do with "transparency". This has to do with some people who can't even put together a cogent theory of how this supposed fraud was perpetrated on the American people wanting to dig their way to China to find something to support their irrational ideas. And it is irrational. People have pointed out how irrational every supposition is, but the conspiracists can't let it go. Since they will never say "enough is enough", it falls to the person they are trying to tear down to say the limit's been reached.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:01 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Followed the link. Doesn't say anywhere that the name Soetoro was used. Indonesian laws are completely irrelevant to American citizenship. If you want to prove he's not natural-born, you'll have to prove he wasn't born in Hawaii. Despite the state saying he was. Period.
We would love to but Obama refuses to let anyone see any pertinent records.

How can something be proved if the proof cannot be seen?

Let these records be seen and if he is legit this all goes away.

What are the believers so afraid of? What is Obama so afraid of?

Old 02-13-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
That's not a good reason.
If you were the one being persecuted, you'd think differently. Enough is enough.

You say you'd put all your records out there. But if people denied the validity of those documents, and kept asking for more, kept asking for stuff that doesn't even exist, how long before you'd say, "Enough is enough."

He's got a lot of other things on the table. His job is hard enough as it is. Give it up, already.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:

We're not afraid of anything. We're tired of the garbage. PROVE he wasn't born in Hawaii. That is the only legitimate option you have at your disposal. How much money is being spent on these lawsuits? Throw it at Kenya, get your proof. Or, if you can't produce an alternative birth certificate, then give it up.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Because he was adopted and his name was changed and apparently so was his citizenship.

If you don't want to believe what you hear then just turn down the volume and look at the school registration where it has Obama listed as Barry Soetoro.

LINK

Here are the divorce records also showing his name as Barry Soetoro.

LINK

He could have been adopted by the Queen of England, and his natural-born status would have been unaffected unless you can prove he wasn't born in Hawaii. The Soetoro name is 100% irrelevant. Indonesia is irrelevant. IRRELEVANT.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:

Your issue isn't with the Hawaiian birth certificate. It isn't with any college records. If another Hawaiian birth certificate is produced, you'll only say that it is fraudulent as well. You have only one avenue open to you. That is Kenya.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
This has nothing to do with "transparency". This has to do with some people who can't even put together a cogent theory of how this supposed fraud was perpetrated on the American people wanting to dig their way to China to find something to support their irrational ideas. And it is irrational. People have pointed out how irrational every supposition is, but the conspiracists can't let it go. Since they will never say "enough is enough", it falls to the person they are trying to tear down to say the limit's been reached.
Why is this not about transparency?

Irrational is not thinking that Obama's refusal to allow certain records to be seen means absolutely nothing. It absolutely means something by any rational persons definition.

If his BC is legit why won't he allow the original vault copy to be seen? I would say that creates reasonable doubt.

Why wont he let his college records to be seen? Again, this creates reasonable doubt.

Why will he not let his passport records be seen? You have to wonder because it absolutely creates doubt.

This is without doubt, rational thinking.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
I hope you find what you are looking but his last name was or may still be Soetoro because he was adopted and nothing can be found showing where he legally changed his name back to Barack Obama.. There are copies of the divorce papers on the net showing his name as Barry Soetoro.

Just more about him that is unknown.
Even here on CD, with all the people taking up this cause, I have never seen any adoption papers or an amended birth certificate (which you get when you adopt a child in the US) that gives his name as Barry Soetoro. I really don't understand why you guys are so hung up on this "Barry" thing. My DH's name is Kenneth. He was called "Kenny" as a kid, and now "Ken". In fact, when my father died, we were listed as Mr. and Mrs. "Ken" ___. I don't get how a person can't see that Barry is a nickname for Barack, which is a rather odd name here in the US, and perhaps in Indonesia as well.

Quote:
Because he was adopted and his name was changed and apparently so was his citizenship.

If you don't want to believe what you hear then just turn down the volume and look at the school registration where it has Obama listed as Barry Soetoro.

LINK

Here are the divorce records also showing his name as Barry Soetoro.

LINK
The divorce records do not mention any child by name, just one under 18 and 1 over 18, in a "fill in the blank" section. I have seen the school registration listing him as Barry Soetoro, but when he returned to the US, he resumed the name of Obama. He graduated from high school as Obama.

Interestingly, one of those lists that comes from another website about "proof" that O. is not a US citizen says the Soetoro divorce papers have never been posted. Hmmm! Here they are, on CD!

Old 02-13-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
If you were the one being persecuted, you'd think differently. Enough is enough.
You are 100% wrong, if it were me and these records could help me they would be released. The only conclusion one can make of his refusal is that he has something to hide, how could anyone come to a different one.

Quote:
You say you'd put all your records out there. But if people denied the validity of those documents, and kept asking for more, kept asking for stuff that doesn't even exist, how long before you'd say, "Enough is enough."

He's got a lot of other things on the table. His job is hard enough as it is. Give it up, already.
I have stated many times now, that if these records were seen by some authority like the FBI, CIA, DHS, SCOTUS, Congeress, or some other authority like these, that I, and I am sure most,(you could never say all) would be satisfied with the results one way or another.

Again I ask you, what are Obama and the believers so afraid of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies