Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:45 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Absolutely they should be.

Time after time, they were firmly entrenched on the side of our enemies, giving them aid and comfort, giving them talking point and rhetoric (notice ahmedinajad and chavez mirrored the democrats).

wha has chavez done to the US besides not wanting to be a puppet, speak his mind have his own opinion and survive coup assassinations backed by the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 12:55 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,210,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
the left will disregard any proof of a blogger and post it as truth even after it was disproved if it is juicy enough and against anyone not a liberal loon.
And apparently Republicans don't do that... You're not new, so how did you miss all of the crap that Fun2Day and sanrene posted? I would hardly say that only Democrats post unsubstantiated stories and to disagree points to a pretty willful ignorance on your part.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:57 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
During a time during which the United States was engaged in a difficult war and the sons and daughters of our great country were engaging a difficult enemy, many treasonous statements were made by senators and congressman of the far left. These politicians were motivated by their personal narcissistic pursuits of power and were willing to jeopardize our brave young patriots by rhetorically degrading their efforts to defend the country. They were offering aid and comfort to our enemies. Do you believe statements made by Murtha, Pelosi, Reid and others should make them candidates for impeachment or possibly tried for treason or sedition?

Should Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi et al be tried for treason?
By all means!

Go ahead, start the proceedings!

Of course, you won't be able to exclude these statements in the trial:

Bush, May 29, 2003: We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories.

Cheney, March 16, 2003: Now, I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators. . . .

Rumsfeld, May 30, 2003: Not at all. If you think -- let me take that, both pieces -- the area in the south and the west and the north that coalition forces control is substantial. It happens not to be the area where weapons of mass destruction were dispersed. We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat.

Rice, September 8, 2002: You will get different estimates about precisely how close he is. We do know that he is actively pursuing a nuclear weapon.

FactCheck.org: Anti-war Ad Says Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld & Rice "Lied" About Iraq

So, you wanted treasonous lies in a time of war? You got 'em, bubba! Proceed!

Old 01-16-2009, 01:00 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,919 times
Mayb the american people should be indicted for voting in Bush for a 2nd term

Old 01-16-2009, 01:11 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Quote:
During a time during which the United States was engaged in a difficult war and the sons and daughters of our great country were engaging a difficult enemy, many treasonous statements were made by senators and congressman of the far left. These politicians were motivated by their personal narcissistic pursuits of power and were willing to jeopardize
our brave young patriots by rhetorically degrading their efforts to defend the country. They were offering aid and comfort to our enemies. Do you believe statements made by Murtha, Pelosi, Reid and others should make them candidates for impeachment or possibly tried for treason or sedition?
What an idiotic post.
You clearly don't know what treason is. Being a voice of opposition is not treason.
Lying to the country to break UN rules and engage in an illegal war that costs the lives of 5,000+ Americans and at least 10x that many Iraqis may be treason, but being a member of the opposition party is not.

Clearly you're one of those Michele Bachmann disciples that failed Civics class and thinks that McCarthyism is a good thing. You probably think that Hitler had it right in making his party the only legal one.

I don't like Reid or Pelosi too much, but Murtha was a distinguished veteran and more of a hero than you'll ever be.

Posts like this are simply pathetic.

Plus, you people have no idea what "Far Left" even is. Dennis Kucinich and Bernie Sanders are the closest we have to that, and even they are not what you would call "Far Left".

Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Quote:
This is your problem sir. You rely on the voices of others,- because you cannot think for yourself. I don't have any leftist mentors to think for me. I am not going to go scurrying around looking for the direct quotes ,that you know are of record, to prove the point of this thread.

You know all of those quotes exist and are attributed to all of the aforementioned.

Those quotes are provided by all of the above and more. Those quotes prove the surmize of my above post. That is that the left ,was fully vested, in taking a position to -lose the war ,in favor of pursuit of their own narcissistic power objectives. It is disgraceful sir, I hope you are not trying to tell me that you are a part of that disgrace.

The aide quoted, is in fact "the true voice" of the democratic party. The party that was vested in the defeat in war of the United States of America, -the nation that bore them. They are indeed terrorist facilitators and a disgrace to this country. I again quote the aide of John Murtha, "THIS COULD BE A REAL HEADACHE FOR US"

Could it be any plainer? Could the headliner for this thread be any better evidenced by quoting you one thousand links?
Perhaps as we go along, some of the people that post here will provide some of the direct quotes that further demonstrate the anti american weight that was thrown on the backs of our brave young men and women.

I f you like I will parcel out their heinous rhetorical war crimes.
Clearly a troll...his only evidence of "treason" is a quote by an aide that says absolutely nothing without context.

Let me ask you this: What exactly is a victory in Iraq? How is it treason to say "we want the troops to come home safely"? Typical posting from someone who knows nothing about government, politics or even war, but who has all the opinions on it. Every empire in history collapsed because of the inability to sustain colonies in distant lands...we're driving ourselves into financial ruin because of this war without a point. But obviously you don't understand that...or much of anything else, you just shout "treason" any time anyone disagrees with you.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:01 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Vindication is being expressed not in words but in deeds -- the tacit endorsement conveyed by the Obama continuity-we-can-believe-in transition. It's not just the retention of such key figures as Defense Secretary Bob Gates or Treasury Secretary nominee Timothy Geithner, who, as president of the New York Fed, has been instrumental in guiding the Bush financial rescue over the past year. It's the continuity of policy.

It is the repeated pledge to conduct a withdrawal from Iraq that does not destabilize its new democracy and that, as Vice President-elect Joe Biden said just this week in Baghdad, adheres to the Bush-negotiated status-of-forces agreement that envisions a U.S. withdrawal over three years, not the 16-month timetable on which Obama campaigned.

It is the great care Obama is taking in not preemptively abandoning the anti-terror infrastructure that the Bush administration leaves behind. While still a candidate, Obama voted for the expanded presidential wiretapping (FISA) powers that Bush had fervently pursued. And while Obama opposes waterboarding (already banned, by the way, by Bush's CIA in 2006), he declined George Stephanopoulos's invitation (on ABC's "This Week") to outlaw all interrogation not permitted by the Army Field Manual. Explained Obama: "Dick Cheney's advice was good, which is let's make sure we know everything that's being done," i.e., before throwing out methods simply because Obama campaigned against them.

Which is why Obama is consciously creating a gulf between what he now dismissively calls "campaign rhetoric" and the policy choices he must make as president. Accordingly, Newsweek -- Obama acolyte and scourge of everything Bush/Cheney -- has on the eve of the Democratic restoration miraculously discovered the arguments for warrantless wiretaps, enhanced interrogation and detention without trial. Indeed, Newsweek's neck-snapping cover declares, "Why Obama May Soon Find Virtue in Cheney's Vision of Power."

washingtonpost.com

Old 01-16-2009, 02:23 PM

540 posts, read 630,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Clearly a troll...his only evidence of "treason" is a quote by an aide that says absolutely nothing without context.

Let me ask you this: What exactly is a victory in Iraq? How is it treason to say "we want the troops to come home safely"? Typical posting from someone who knows nothing about government, politics or even war, but who has all the opinions on it. Every empire in history collapsed because of the inability to sustain colonies in distant lands...we're driving ourselves into financial ruin because of this war without a point. But obviously you don't understand that...or much of anything else, you just shout "treason" any time anyone disagrees with you.
Let me see, an investment advisor, favorite movie shawshank redemtion, favorite television Bill Maher. Could I have your business card please.

I would spend time with you. unfortunately for you, (as I would like to be of help to you), I find hopeless ,debateing anyone ,that would waste more than the time it takes for a good pi.., who spends their time listening to the puny little, narcissistic know nothing fu.., Bill Maher. You told me all I need to know about you,most irrelevant in any meaningful discussion about just about anything. Thanks for dropping in though. Would Shawn Penn be one of your favorite actors?

No, we're driving ourselves into financial ruin because of demwits that wanted to give houses away to people that couldn't afford trailers, your buddies, Frank, Shumer, Dodd, and Pelosi. I bet you voted for Pelooozi didn't you? Was it her eyes that got to you, that vacant, lights are on but no one is home glaze or was it the sh;; eating grin. Hey, I guess a man has to have heroes!

My heroes are the American men and women that your heroes dissed, to the point of treason and sedition, for their own narcissistic power mongering agendas. The agenda was to draw in the lemming croud that uses Chris Matthews to do their thinking for them.

I put this post up to illustrate to the neocoms that post here the stupidity of the threads I have been reading indeed posting on that want to throw Bush in jail.Compared to all of the aforementioned players that jeopardized the lives of our brave young men and women with their narcissitic pursuits Bush was a saint. His crime was torture of those that sought to kill us. a very benign torture that doesn't leave a mark. A torture custom made for cowards.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:28 PM

540 posts, read 630,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Vindication is being expressed not in words but in deeds -- the tacit endorsement conveyed by the Obama continuity-we-can-believe-in transition. It's not just the retention of such key figures as Defense Secretary Bob Gates or Treasury Secretary nominee Timothy Geithner, who, as president of the New York Fed, has been instrumental in guiding the Bush financial rescue over the past year. It's the continuity of policy.

It is the repeated pledge to conduct a withdrawal from Iraq that does not destabilize its new democracy and that, as Vice President-elect Joe Biden said just this week in Baghdad, adheres to the Bush-negotiated status-of-forces agreement that envisions a U.S. withdrawal over three years, not the 16-month timetable on which Obama campaigned.

Excellent, most excellent.

It is the great care Obama is taking in not preemptively abandoning the anti-terror infrastructure that the Bush administration leaves behind. While still a candidate, Obama voted for the expanded presidential wiretapping (FISA) powers that Bush had fervently pursued. And while Obama opposes waterboarding (already banned, by the way, by Bush's CIA in 2006), he declined George Stephanopoulos's invitation (on ABC's "This Week") to outlaw all interrogation not permitted by the Army Field Manual. Explained Obama: "Dick Cheney's advice was good, which is let's make sure we know everything that's being done," i.e., before throwing out methods simply because Obama campaigned against them.

Which is why Obama is consciously creating a gulf between what he now dismissively calls "campaign rhetoric" and the policy choices he must make as president. Accordingly, Newsweek -- Obama acolyte and scourge of everything Bush/Cheney -- has on the eve of the Democratic restoration miraculously discovered the arguments for warrantless wiretaps, enhanced interrogation and detention without trial. Indeed, Newsweek's neck-snapping cover declares, "Why Obama May Soon Find Virtue in Cheney's Vision of Power."

washingtonpost.com
Excellent post, most excellent. Maybe we will get some conservative sensibilities out of this guy yet. If we can get as musch conservative crossover out of Obama as the libs got out of Bush, well, what a wonderful world that could be.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:45 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times
[quote=schtyk;7028968]Let me see, an investment advisor, favorite movie shawshank redemtion, favorite television Bill Maher. Could I have your business card please.

Quote:
No, we're driving ourselves into financial ruin because of demwits that wanted to give houses away to people that couldn't afford trailers, your buddies, Frank, Shumer, Dodd, and Pelosi. I bet you voted for Pelooozi didn't you? Was it her eyes that got to you, that vacant, lights are on but no one is home glaze or was it the sh;; eating grin. Hey, I guess a man has to have heroes!
^^douchebag,theres ore too it than that but as usual u choose to ignore them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies