Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 02:20 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
spoken like a True Settler...
"Do as I say and not as I do."
So what about the islamic terrorist in north Africa, Philippines, Bali, France, Spain, India, Russia, and England? Last time I checked, there were no jewish settlers in those places. In fact, in some of those countries, it is the muslims who are the settlers and invaders. Islam, religion of terrorism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 03:29 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So what about the islamic terrorist in north Africa, Philippines, Bali, France, Spain, India, Russia, and England? Last time I checked, there were no jewish settlers in those places. In fact, in some of those countries, it is the muslims who are the settlers and invaders. Islam, religion of terrorism.
Too true....after all, the genocide in the Sudan is being perpetrated by Arab Muslims. I don't know how that will be justified or excused away by the crusades, but I imagine that there are two posters who will try

Old 01-31-2009, 03:36 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
I noticed one of the two is from Michigan which has a high muslim population.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:43 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There have been a number of billboards going up with an ad for 1-888-WHY-ISLAM. Of course I have not yet called the number up. I thought I might want to come up with some good questions first. Here are a few:

1. Cat Stevens was once a great guitarist and gifted vocalist. He switched to Islam and quit singing because Islam considers music a sin. Exactly what is it about "Cats in the Cradle" and "Morning Has Broken" that will send a mortal to Hell?

2. If a muslim blows himself up but does not manage to kill at least a single Jew, Christian or other infidel, does that Muslim still get 72 virgins in from Allah in Heaven?

3. What brand of razor blades do Muslims recommend when the time arrives to cut off your daughter's private parts (female circumcision)?

4. Why do Muslims consider women as chattel with no rights and require that they be covered from toe to head at all times?

These are just a few questions. Feel free to chime in with your own!

The Billboard Battles: Islam vs. Everyone Else : Stop The ACLU
Cat Stevens didn't write either of those songs.

But other than that, I agree with the basic sentiments you express about Islam.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:09 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,438 times
Wooo..so may barbs and diatribes against Islam

Sheesh..To the muslims here - no point in engaging in dialogue when only one door is closed. As the Quran says "sum'mum buk'mun um'yun fahum la yarjioon"

Just sit back,relax and rejoice. Whatever happens more and more are seeing the light and saying the Shahadah as was promised to the Prophet s.a.w. Its the counterweight theory. The more negative & bias the opinions the more people are drawn towards the light. Praise be to Him and his beloved Prophet

Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Wooo..so may barbs and diatribes against Islam

Sheesh..To the muslims here - no point in engaging in dialogue when only one door is closed. As the Quran says "sum'mum buk'mun um'yun fahum la yarjioon"

Just sit back,relax and rejoice. Whatever happens more and more are seeing the light and saying the Shahadah as was promised to the Prophet s.a.w. Its the counterweight theory. The more negative & bias the opinions the more people are drawn towards the light. Praise be to Him and his beloved Prophet
Actually, more and more people are seeing "the prophet" for what he really was.

One of the main problems with both Islam and Christianity is their adherents emulation of their religion's founders.

Jesus was basically a pacifist. People who call themselves Christians should be like Jesus.

Unfortunately, Muhammad was a violent warlord, who had a thing for young girls (Google Aisha). He and his armies slaughtered thousands of people. People who call themselves Muslims should NOT be like Muhammad.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Actually, more and more people are seeing "the prophet" for what he really was.

One of the main problems with both Islam and Christianity is their adherents emulation of their religion's founders.

Jesus was basically a pacifist. People who call themselves Christians should be like Jesus.

Unfortunately, Muhammad was a violent warlord, who had a thing for young girls (Google Aisha). He and his armies slaughtered thousands of people. People who call themselves Muslims should NOT be like Muhammad.
Hahaha...my dear Filet... 1st things first.. Jesus & Muhammad were not founders of 'their religion'. Founder means creator or something like that which they are not. Jesus was merely carrying on the traditions & teachings of his predecessor jewish prophets; Moses ,David etc) whereas Muhammad was also doing that being an arab and a bethren of the jews and prophesied in the bible to come after Jesus. Anyway its probably a little bit too much for you to digest..so its ok.

Ahhh....violent warlord...liked young girls...sigh..you're merely parroting not inputing your own insight because you have never really made any attempts to research or at least read his biography from an unbiased writer. As its already stated before :
"And the parable of those who disbelieve is as the parable of one who calls out to that which hears no more than a call and a cry; deaf, dumb (and) blind, so they do not understand" (Surah Al-Baqarah)

Whatever anyone tries to do in order to stem the rising of Islam throughout the world today is akin to trying to plug the teeny meeny miny hole in the dam wall with on'e finger whilst the rising level of the rivers feeding the dam awaits overwhelming the entire lower plains . Methaphorically speaking. The more Islam is made out to be the enemy of people who choose to be ignorant of it , no matter that they be Americans, British, Aussies, Indian Hindus or come what may , the more it will appeal to these people

Old 01-31-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Hahaha...my dear Filet... 1st things first.. Jesus & Muhammad were not founders of 'their religion'. Founder means creator or something like that which they are not. Jesus was merely carrying on the traditions & teachings of his predecessor jewish prophets; Moses ,David etc) whereas Muhammad was also doing that being an arab and a bethren of the jews and prophesied in the bible to come after Jesus. Anyway its probably a little bit too much for you to digest..so its ok.

Ahhh....violent warlord...liked young girls...sigh..you're merely parroting not inputing your own insight because you have never really made any attempts to research or at least read his biography from an unbiased writer. As its already stated before :
"And the parable of those who disbelieve is as the parable of one who calls out to that which hears no more than a call and a cry; deaf, dumb (and) blind, so they do not understand" (Surah Al-Baqarah)

Whatever anyone tries to do in order to stem the rising of Islam throughout the world today is akin to trying to plug the teeny meeny miny hole in the dam wall with on'e finger whilst the rising level of the rivers feeding the dam awaits overwhelming the entire lower plains . Methaphorically speaking. The more Islam is made out to be the enemy of people who choose to be ignorant of it , no matter that they be Americans, British, Aussies, Indian Hindus or come what may , the more it will appeal to these people
A graduate degree in world religions actually DOES qualify me to speak with knowledge on this subject. I'd STRONGLY suggest you do some studying, rather than just gulping.

Are you actually going to try to deny that Christians follow after, and worship, Jesus? Are you actually going to try to deny that Muhammad married and had sex with an 8-year old girl name Aisha? Weird way of thinking you have...

Old 01-31-2009, 09:45 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Because the truth is, FGM is practiced largley by muslims alone and whether the practioners know it or not, they believe they are fulfilling Islamic tenets.
If they "believe" it, how do they not "know" it?

As I've pointed out, there are overwhelmingly Muslim countries where FGM is nonexistent and non-Muslim majority countries where it is overwhelmingly practiced. It is not a religious practice, even if religious rituals have grown up around it, as one might expect them to.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
A graduate degree in world religions actually DOES qualify me to speak with knowledge on this subject. I'd STRONGLY suggest you do some studying, rather than just gulping.

Are you actually going to try to deny that Christians follow after, and worship, Jesus? Are you actually going to try to deny that Muhammad married and had sex with an 8-year old girl name Aisha? Weird way of thinking you have...
Wow! a degree in world religions and you can still be so ignorant? Sigh..guess education standards are not what they used to be

Hmm..using the word sex...pretty smart if you want to smear a noble person but that don't cut any ice with muslims because we know and understand the traditions of the people there at that time..maturity differs in many different ways in many communities...so using a cheap shot like that don't work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies