Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 07:43 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,297,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You call Defenders Of Wildlife a source of information? It's more like "a source of misinformation"
No. I call the people who signed the letter a source of information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Well said, and you are exactly right. There is no point in continuing to feed this obvious troll.
I beg your pardon? I have been on this forum for awhile now.

If anyone is a troll here, it's not me.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:57 PM

20,318 posts, read 37,308,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Look, data gathered from hunters is highly questionable. Everybody knows that.

That "political electronic rag" includes commentary from Alaska wildlife biologists. F&G, in fact, is far less reliable, in terms of accurate information.

Let's just agree to disagree.
It's not, at least not in Alaska where a harvest report must be filed. It's not just asking hunters what they kill, but an official report he or she must respond to after each hunt. For example, in order for me to kill a bull moose, i must first get a harvest report along the hunting license. The harvest report number is written on the back of the hunting license, and half of the harvest report or tag is given to me. The other half is sent to F&G by the person who sells me the license, so F&G already know that I am planning to hunt a certain bull at one of the GMU's. Once I am finished with the hunt, I must file the harvest report within a specific period of time, since they already know that I was hunting. If I changed my mind in a the last minute, I still have to file a report to tell them I didn't hunt.

Immediately after I kill a moose, and before I take any of the meat to my truck, I must cut-out the date and time of the tag. If I make it to my truck without cutting-out the tag's date and time and a F&G, police, etc. finds out when he or she asks me to show the tag, I then can be heavily fined and any gear used for the hunt, vehicle, etc., can be taken from me.

Moose, caribou, and black bear tags are free, but not grizzly in most areas of Alaska. If I fail to return the harvest report, F&G will contact me and I could easily land in court. The harvest report contains at least the following data (all i can remember at the moment):
-Specific location of the kill
-Mode of transportation to the hunting place once I parked my truck
-Date and time of the kill
-Specific species killed
-Antler size
-Days or hours spent hunting
-A block to indicate if I did or didn't hunt

Old 02-08-2009, 08:06 PM

20,318 posts, read 37,308,373 times
Quote:
No. I call the people who signed the letter a source of information.
Are all those tree and bunny hugger professors and other "professionals" from Alaska? Even Defenders of Wildlife are in the list. Do you really believe that an animal rights group is a good source of information in relation the the animals it supposedly "protects" from harm by us mean Alaskans? I bet that the name "Herbert" is in the list

But I am moving forward and away from this thread. It's insane.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:24 PM

563 posts, read 1,452,683 times
Quote:
No, I have participated in this thread.

But you have been stalking every post I make for the last 24 hours. Knock it off.
Is that what you call it? My, my, such a drastic statement. I call it challenging your position. You are so used to being the life of your self-absorbed liberal party in Lalaland that you have no clue what to do when soundly challenged by someone outside your little clique.
Your condenscending attitude needs adjustment. For some reason, you refuse to learn and resort to name-calling and insults. Why?
I'm seriously trying to understand you.
BTW, we had great fun while you were gone today...

Old 02-08-2009, 09:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,181,236 times
Quote:
Meaningless statement. Completely illogical.

"I'm more important because I have opposable thumbs and I'm (debatably, in your case) smarter."

Same structure of logic as:

"I'm superior because I'm a man."

"I'm superior because I'm white."

It's called a "tautological" response. Circular logic. Meaningless.
"Might For Right"...but that is too noble an idea for some, isn't it?

Old 02-08-2009, 09:21 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,181,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I agree!

I also want to add there is room for ALL animals in this world; right on plate by the mashed taters!
Great karma. Live by the sword, die by the sword...maybe one day you'll be a tasty morsel for a predator. By the sound of your posts though, you'd most likely be too bitter and tough to digest, probably regurgitated.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertGirl View Post
Is that what you call it? My, my, such a drastic statement. I call it challenging your position. You are so used to being the life of your self-absorbed liberal party in Lalaland that you have no clue what to do when soundly challenged by someone outside your little clique.
Your condenscending attitude needs adjustment. For some reason, you refuse to learn and resort to name-calling and insults. Why?
I'm seriously trying to understand you.
BTW, we had great fun while you were gone today...
Yes, following me around on this thread, and others, responding to my posts with juvenile bait tactics--that's a mild form of stalking. You can "my, my" all you want, but with every such post you make, you merely expose yourself as a being an ass. Furthermore, you end a post full of insults by accusing me of engaging in name-calling and insults. You're the one who needs an attitude adjustment.

No one has "soundly challenged" me yet. Except for Ray in AK, who has actually offered some interesting information. And Ray, if you're still around, thanks.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:28 PM

563 posts, read 1,452,683 times
Quote:
Yes, following me around on this thread, and others, responding to my posts with juvenile bait tactics--that's a mild form of stalking. You can "my, my" all you want, but with every such post you make, you merely expose yourself as a being an ass. Furthermore, you end a post full of insults by accusing me of engaging in name-calling and insults. You're the one who needs an attitude adjustment.

No one has "soundly challenged" me yet. Except for Ray in AK, who has actually offered some interesting information. And Ray, if you're still around, thanks.
You called me an *ss. You made my point for me. Thank you.
What "other threads" are you talking about? LOL!

Last edited by DezertGirl; 02-08-2009 at 09:44 PM..

Old 02-08-2009, 09:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,035,717 times
Quote:
But neither is Alaska F&G, for reasons that have been explained to you numerous times, but which you choose to ignore.
So the F&G Departments in all the states are not credible? Have no idea what they are doing?

Your explaination might make sense to you, but it is still incorrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies