Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 12:14 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Why boycott a comapny for what one idot did? makes no snese to me. It's like boycotting GM becuase thier CEO flew to washington on a corporate jet. may make you feel you got even but that is all.

i don't like the corporations that i buy from implying an endorsement of anything which infringes my civil liberties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 12:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Pot heads kill me. Well actually they just annoy me.Sort of like underage drinkers. Its not fair. Its injust. No its the law. Break it at your own risk and accept the consequences. If I get caught speeding I pay my fine. I danced and I'll pay the fiddler his price.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Pot heads kill me. Well actually they just annoy me.
what a pity! why, would it annoy you if it was legal?

Old 02-07-2009, 01:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
i don't like the corporations that i buy from implying an endorsement of anything which infringes my civil liberties.
How more idiotic can you get? How does Kellogs dumping Phelps in any way, shape or form infringe on your civil liberties?

Is smoking pot a civil liberty to you?

Old 02-07-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How more idiotic can you get? How does Kellogs dumping Phelps in any way, shape or form infringe on your civil liberties?

Is smoking pot a civil liberty to you?

drinking, smoking, eating, popping, injecting or snorting any substance into my own body of my own free will is most definitely a civil liberty. i most definitely do not approve of the nanny state telling me what i may or may not take.

IN MY OPINION, kelloggs statements were an implied endorsement of the war on drugs! idiotic or not it really peeved me. i prefer corporations to stay out of politics and politics to stay out of corporations.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:10 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,691 times
I think Kellogg's should have dumped him for the DUI to begin with. That was the worse offense in my opinion, this was him being a moron.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
drinking, smoking, eating, popping, injecting or snorting any substance into my own body of my own free will is most definitely a civil liberty. i most definitely do not approve of the nanny state telling me what i may or may not take.

IN MY OPINION, kelloggs statements were an implied endorsement of the war on drugs! idiotic or not it really peeved me. i prefer corporations to stay out of politics and politics to stay out of corporations.
Unfortunately, the law(s) of the land is in disagreement with you.

You do have the option of protesting the decision by not buying their products - as I have the option of applauding the decision by buying their products. Ain't America great?

Old 02-07-2009, 02:15 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Drinking alcohol is legal. Pot is not! There are no exceptions, or at least there shouldn't be. American children look up to athletes as role models. Phelps broke the law and he needs to be punished. I think we need to hold our athletes to a higher standard. Vick went to prison for fighting dogs and that sends a message to our society. Break the law any you will go to jail regardless of who you are. I think Phelps needs to be punished. His saying he is sorry is to often the easy way out. He got caught once and that would indicate he has used many more times. I think he should lose all his sponsors, return his medals, and do the jail time.
If any parent uses a guy that swims well as an end all of models for their children they deserve whatever they get.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:18 PM
cnt

66 posts, read 109,677 times
The funny thing is, most of the stuff Kellogg's makes is probably just as bad for you as pot.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:20 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Sorry ... but I've lived long enough to see plenty of news stories about problems caused by people who are "high". Car crashes involving teenagers where everyone is killed. Cars accidentally hitting and killing pedestrians. People shooting and stabbing other people. Gang related stuff.

Laws are made for a reason ... usually to protect society from known dangers.

When people are very "high", they are not in full control of their own actions, and they pose a risk to themselves and to others around them.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHHAHAHAHAHAHH You are either LYING or DELUSIONAL. Sorry. Don't buy it. Provide me with a SINGLE reliable reference about someone getting high and going into a rage and will will totally reverse my position and decide that it should remain illegal.....I'm waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies