Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:55 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
"Run my mouth" whatever dude, you are just some talking head in Mira Mesa. I did look at the clip and, coming from that false reporting network called msnbc, I can''t give it crediblity and no one else who thinks unbiased does either. Talk about looking stupid, think before you run your mouth
LOL! Yeah, you watched the video and that's why you claimed it was just someone on youtube instead of a real news network? Oh, man.... You crack me up. Even if you are to obtuse to accept news which isn't spoon fed to you on Fox then surely you can accept that Joe Scarborough isn't an evil liberal? He is a right wing talk radio demi-god after all and a former GOP Congressman. Oh, but I forgot, Right Wingers never want to deal with facts when they can lie about the source. Please do continue. :lol:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 06:14 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
What about the Gallup Polling Company? Are they evil liberals too? You know they had the most accurate polling results during the last election cycle, right? Gee, maybe you ought to just accept reality instead of making excuses every time reality doesn't jive with your ideology.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:56 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
LOL! Yeah, you watched the video and that's why you claimed it was just someone on youtube instead of a real news network? Oh, man.... You crack me up. Even if you are to obtuse to accept news which isn't spoon fed to you on Fox then surely you can accept that Joe Scarborough isn't an evil liberal? He is a right wing talk radio demi-god after all and a former GOP Congressman. Oh, but I forgot, Right Wingers never want to deal with facts when they can lie about the source. Please do continue. :lol:
Looks like Olberman has a loyal soldier to follow his marching orders. Personal attacks, by the way, only lower your credibility even more.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:57 PM

220 posts, read 675,434 times
So people support having their children and their grandchildren paying our bills.. And thats a good thing?

Old 02-10-2009, 07:01 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Nothing more credible than democracy

November 2008

It would be better for you if we actually lived in a democracy, but we live in a representative republic, so no soup for you.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:32 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Looks like Olberman has a loyal soldier to follow his marching orders. Personal attacks, by the way, only lower your credibility even more.
Yeah and he's a republican congressman no less. I heard Michael Smerconish support the stimulas package today on hardball. Your pool is growing smaller and smaller. Keep opposing the new president it is serving him well.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jons99 View Post
So people support having their children and their grandchildren paying our bills.. And thats a good thing?
Our ex president put us 11 trillion in debt mostly from his tax cuts on the wealthy, start there. You can thank your grand kids for paying for that tax cut.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Really now? Bipartisanship from the democrats?

Then why were the house republicans shut out of helping to craft the porkapalooza bill?

Bipartisanship to the democrats and obama means that the republicans should abandon their ideas and values and agree with the democrats.

Of course, it's all in the way the media and obama frames the question.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jons99 View Post
Take a chance at restarting the economy:
Roughly $1 Trillion
Will create millions of jobs - will it be enough to turn us in the other direction (growth)?

More tax cuts, less spending:
My guess here is this would lead to more debt than the stimulus, without the guarantee of job creation. Bush tax cuts have cost $1.6 trillion through 2008. And we want more of that if we're concerned about our debt and our children? What would the recovery time be (faster or slower than the stimulus)?

Do nothing:
???
My assumption here is massive short/medium term pain, long-term turnaround (8 years+). This is very likely to be more much expensive than the stimulus in terms of tax revenue / asset valuation as the economy continues to contract.

Of these 3, the first looks like the lowest risk (least debt accrued) to me, with the highest reward as well.

Obviously we all see things differently, but it seems like an easy choice to me.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Really now? Bipartisanship from the democrats?

Then why were the house republicans shut out of helping to craft the porkapalooza bill?

Bipartisanship to the democrats and obama means that the republicans should abandon their ideas and values and agree with the democrats.

Of course, it's all in the way the media and obama frames the question.
They were allowed in but offered nothing but failed tax-cuts so Dems had to write it without them. Funny they should complain since they still have no ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies