Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:57 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I think you're being way too defensive saganista. People merely want to see what is going to be voted on in advance. That isn't too much to ask.
That was the original thrust of the OP, and I provided a link to the final Conference Committee text in Post-15...at 2:30 this morning. Anyone could since have followed that link. People search for that which they already have in hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 06:59 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
That was the original thrust of the OP, and I provided a link to the final Conference Committee text in Post-15...at 2:30 this morning. Anyone could since have followed that link. People search for that which they already have in hand.
2:30 AM today - being voted on tonight.

That does not equate to the 48hour committment

Old 02-13-2009, 07:19 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,014,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Transparency included the committment to WAIT a period of time before final vote on a bill - to allow for public review and public comments. The same with the bill's signing.
It's been pretty transparent if you ask me.

It may not have been 48 hours..but this debate on this bill has been going on and on and on..as as it keeps going the time bomb of the economy keeps ticking.

He's gone on national TV and explained it.. it's been well publicized what is being argued and reviewed..etc.

It's all pretty straight forward.

As for anyone else who thinks that no change is coming or not fast enough..lets see what Barack has accomplished so far.

1) Getting a stimulus bill going and passed.. as his #1 priority.. which he has been working on pretty darned hard and reaching across the isle with a lot of gusto..etc.. making appearances at the hill and having discussions with key GOP members on the bill. He's been aggressive and has taken immediate action... all of which he's promised

2) He's been transparent.. and so is th stimulus bill.

3) He's remained accesable to the American people

4) He's commited to withdrawing troops from Iraq and focusing on whta we should never have lost focus on Afghanistan.. he promised and he delivered

5) He's started closing Gitmo and reversed policies of the Bush Administration

6) He's begun and is committed to more Diplomacy.

7) He's ADMITTED his mistakes.. didn't hide behind nonsense.. and plain out said he made a mistake!!

I love what he's doing so far and so far he hasn't dissappointed.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
It's been pretty transparent if you ask me.

It may not have been 48 hours..but this debate on this bill has been going on and on and on..as as it keeps going the time bomb of the economy keeps ticking.
And this "debating"? Where has it been going on? Have you been able to watch the "debating (behind the closed doors?). No TM - there is no "transparency" in this bill. Your children and grandchildren will be paying it off though - long after you are dead and buried.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:22 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,308,446 times
Quote:
2:30 AM today - being voted on tonight.

That does not equate to the 48hour committment
Scumbag Nobama has lied and broken many of his campaign promises and the fraud bastard (literally) has only been a usurper in the White House for less than 30 days.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
And this "debating"? Where has it been going on? Have you been able to watch the "debating (behind the closed doors?). No TM - there is no "transparency" in this bill. Your children and grandchildren will be paying it off though - long after you are dead and buried.

Oh my god.. are you living under a rock. All I've heard about for hte last 2 weeks is what is going on about the bill..what's being negotiated, removed, put back in etc etc etc Please.. turn on the TV.. read a paper.. scour the net and it's all there..

Again.. transparent.. and it's been posted all over the net as to what it contains.. page by page as is evident by the posts and cut and pastes from it right here on this thread.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Scumbag Nobama has lied and broken many of his campaign promises and the fraud bastard (literally) has only been a usurper in the White House for less than 30 days.

Sorry. .. I disagree.. no lies have been told here..

I see him sticking hard to what he's said he'd do.. he's doing it.

And he shot out of the gate running.. taking care of business and getting right down to it..

nope.. he's doing a hell of a good job so far. I have never been more excited about a presidency as I have been about his.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:32 PM

TM - you have heard what the Democratic leadership WANTS YOU TO HEAR. You have NOT been able to watch the actual debates between all members of Congress.

This 1000 page bill was voted on WITHOUT anyone having the time to READ IT in its entirety TM. Are you aware of that?

Old 02-13-2009, 07:34 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
Quote:
saganista, your credibility is in question when every single post you have discredits those from the other side of the political spectrum.
Certainly issues of credibility arose earlier, none related to me. Feel free to review and fact-check every statement made concerning the Motion to Instruct. Do the same for the other side and see how it all grades out. I will certainly point out and document the factual and logical errors of others while criticizing such things as the simple laziness that is often the source of those errors. Others are certainly free to engage in the same with regard to me. I thought that was more or less the point here.

Quote:
That, in addition to your signature stating "keep the illegals, deport the Republicans" demonstrates a lack of ability to rationally discuss ideas that differ from your own.
I'm glad that it caught your attention. Perhaps its meaning will as well. However, it demonstrates no such thing as what you suggest, and there are any number of lengthy discussions scattered about across the annals of CD that will go to perfectly well illustrate the point.

Quote:
The last 8 years have been disappointing to say the least, IMO. I am able to say that with every bit of conviction. Will you ever be able to criticize those of your political persuasion? From what I've read thus far, I sincerely doubt that.
As I've posted many times, some recently, I'm not so much concerned over viewpoint or perspective. Facts and logic are a little different. If one uses those in a consistent and proper manner, then whatever result can be no less than interesting. Deliberate misrepresentations and logical fallacies, on the other hand, are not going to pass muster. These are the tools of the propagandist. Where I see them and others like them, I will speak against them.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
TM - you have heard what the Democratic leadership WANTS YOU TO HEAR. You have NOT been able to watch the actual debates between all members of Congress.

This 1000 page bill was voted on WITHOUT anyone having the time to READ IT in its entirety TM. Are you aware of that?
LOL. .are you serious.. like WE the people are VOTING on it!!! come on. GD.. get real here..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies