Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:27 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times

Advertisements

Do you people have any idea how childish you sound?

Daddy said he was gonna do this, daddy said he was gonna do that. Wah, wah, wah.

Newsflash: "Daddy" inherited a whole sh*tload of Republican fallout. The economy tanked only a couple of months before he took office. If you seriously believe that Obama is now going to be able to do HALF of what he wanted to do, you live in la-la land. Instead, he has to devote the next 2 years--at least--trying to clean up the complete nightmare your precious little Texas cowboy left behind. And he's going to have to find a way to do while the Republican sh*theads in Congress try to take him down any way they can.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves. I've never seen a group of Americans so hateful and vicious towards their President. It would be one thing if this President had been in office for years, and had caused life to spiral down for the American people, but he's been in office for THREE WEEKS, and you can't spit on him fast enough. Sickening. Meanwhile, the President and Party who actually DID almost take down our country? You know, the one you VOTED FOR? TWICE. Give me a fu*king break. Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 11:57 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

Daddy said he was gonna do this, daddy said he was gonna do that. Wah, wah, wah.

Newsflash: "Daddy" inherited a whole sh*tload of Republican fallout. The economy tanked only a couple of months before he took office. If you seriously believe that Obama is now going to be able to do HALF of what he wanted to do, you live in la-la land. Instead, he has to devote the next 2 years--at least--trying to clean up the complete nightmare your precious little Texas cowboy left behind. And he's going to have to find a way to do while the Republican sh*theads in Congress try to take him down any way they can.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves. I've never seen a group of Americans so hateful and vicious towards their President. It would be one thing if this President had been in office for years, and had caused life to spiral down for the American people, but he's been in office for THREE WEEKS, and you can't spit on him fast enough. Sickening. Meanwhile, the President and Party who actually DID almost take down our country? You know, the one you VOTED FOR? TWICE. Give me a fu*king break. Disgusting.
I'm the OP and my question isn't political in the least... just thought I'd asked if anyone could direct me to the website of pending bills because I haven't been able to find one.

I like the idea President Obama put forth making it easier for the public to read pending legislation with the opportunity of leaving a comment for his consideration as he makes his decision whether to sign or veto or let expire...

Old 02-13-2009, 12:18 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I'm the OP and my question isn't political in the least... just thought I'd asked if anyone could direct me to the website of pending bills because I haven't been able to find one.

I like the idea President Obama put forth making it easier for the public to read pending legislation with the opportunity of leaving a comment for his consideration as he makes his decision whether to sign or veto or let expire...
In that case, I apologize to you.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:27 AM

955 posts, read 2,158,232 times
Quote:

Absolutely. Where can we find the details posted. I read just a few moments ago about the fact that our collective elected leaders will spend a trillion of our dollars and it is doubtful if any but a handful will actually read what is in the bill before voting on it. Kind of like taking a test without reading the material. We are up all night trying to find out what is in the bill and they are off congratulating themselves on saving the country not knowing what they are voting on.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:36 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
The information is available through the Library of Congress.

Click Bills, Resolutions at the left.
Click the small link Search Bill Text
Enter the word Act to see all bills...
Click Enrolled Bills (passed by both houses and sent to the President)...
Click the Search button

There is a link to the text of the Recovery & Reinvestment Act at the top of the homepage.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:55 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The information is available through the Library of Congress.

Click Bills, Resolutions at the left.
Click the small link Search Bill Text
Enter the word Act to see all bills...
Click Enrolled Bills (passed by both houses and sent to the President)...
Click the Search button

There is a link to the text of the Recovery & Reinvestment Act at the top of the homepage.
Thanks much for the link

It doesn't seem to have a place for public comments I was looking for

On a related note... I'm glad to see the first act or proclamation of the new Joint Congress and President Obama was unanimous... Honoring Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger III and the crew of US Airways Flight 1549 for their heroism, calm under pressure, and dedication to the safety of passengers on board.

I was fortunate to to see the presentation personally at the Welcome Celebration at Danville CA... Several of the Politicians on hand couldn't resist making remarks to the affect, "This Resolution is testament to the fact both houses of Congress and the President can come together"

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 02-13-2009 at 01:03 AM..

Old 02-13-2009, 02:11 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
I'm the OP and my question isn't political in the least... just thought I'd asked if anyone could direct me to the website of pending bills because I haven't been able to find one....

Maybe so but you need to be REAL careful in how you question anything with regards to the new administration.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Maybe so but you need to be REAL careful in how you question anything with regards to the new administration.
Yes...all too typically, the questions reflect no care at all having been taken.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:31 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

Newsflash: "Daddy" inherited a whole sh*tload of Republican fallout.
Excuse me. "Daddy" KNEW very well the sh*t he would be inheriting, which is exactly why he campaigned so strongly about "change". Obama isn't owning up to his camapaign promises.

Either Obama knew what he was inheriting and ignorantly made empty promises anyway OR Obama didn't have the intelligence and foresight to see what he was inheriting. Either way, he is failing.

Obama is the potus, not Bush. Time for Obama to step up and start doing the job and STOP MAKING EXCUSES.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:34 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
You mean "walk on eggshells". Why???? We didn't walk on eggshells questioning Bush or Clinton? Why start now? Obama will receive the same questioning and grilling that Bush and Clinton received. Only fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies