Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:14 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Good point! Nobody critisized GWB at this point of his first term.
I don't know, was this forum even operating back then?

Last edited by karfar; 02-20-2009 at 11:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 11:26 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
So how is the Obama Administration doing after a full month on the job?

Presidential Approval Index down 16%

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Site.

That's not change we can believe in.
Of course some of us didn't believe in his kind of "change" in the first place.

Jimmy Carter revisited, only 100 times worse.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:27 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
Obama has inherited Dubay's screw up...if you don't see it...then there is nothing anyone can say to you...you will stay the course as well..

"Dubay's screw up"?

Did Dubay allow the CIA to become dangerously ineffective due to neglect, an inadequate budget and 25% attrition rate over eight years?

We were successfully attacked by Al Qaeda five times during the Clinton years with two plots being discovered in time to do something about them. Of the five years Al Qaeda needed to successfully pull off the 9/11 attacks, four of those were Clinton's. Firing missiles into an empty valley in Afghanistan did nothing to put an intelligence presence on the ground where these folks live. It's a screwed up world and not everyone shares our values. GWB did what was needed to correct our intelligence gap.

Now people like you will go right back to the same illusions of universal brotherhood and the basic goodness of man. Then we'll get hit again. It will come from some part of the word where, according to people like you, we have no business being. Maybe this time it will be Algeres were they have been playing around with Bubonic Plague? I know one thing for sure though, we won't be blindsided by Iraq. Get a clue.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:31 AM

634 posts, read 1,559,059 times
I am glad we have a new President- I am amazed anybody would want to hitch themselves to this wagon....our Country is a mess and I am glad there are young, intelligent people WILLING TO HELP!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HELP YOUR COUNTRY, COMMUNITY AND YOUR FAMILY?

There are many hypocrites in the world and most are among us- STEP UP TO THE PLATE!

Last edited by EllenArlingtonPark; 02-20-2009 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: TYPO

Old 02-20-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenArlingtonPark View Post
I am glad we have a new President- I am amazed anybody would want to hitch themselves to this wagon....our Country is a mess and I am glad there are young, intelligent people WILLING TO HELP!

There are many hypocrites in the world and most are among us- STEP UP TO THE PLATE!

I'm exposing the hypocrisy!

Old 02-20-2009, 12:22 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,388,854 times
Quote:
Stocking up on canned food, weapons, and bottled water. The torches and pitchforks are coming out soon...

Old 02-20-2009, 12:28 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,974 times
Quote:
"Dubay's screw up"?

Did Dubay allow the CIA to become dangerously ineffective due to neglect, an inadequate budget and 25% attrition rate over eight years?

We were successfully attacked by Al Qaeda five times during the Clinton years with two plots being discovered in time to do something about them. Of the five years Al Qaeda needed to successfully pull off the 9/11 attacks, four of those were Clinton's. Firing missiles into an empty valley in Afghanistan did nothing to put an intelligence presence on the ground where these folks live. It's a screwed up world and not everyone shares our values. GWB did what was needed to correct our intelligence gap.

Now people like you will go right back to the same illusions of universal brotherhood and the basic goodness of man. Then we'll get hit again. It will come from some part of the word where, according to people like you, we have no business being. Maybe this time it will be Algeres were they have been playing around with Bubonic Plague? I know one thing for sure though, we won't be blindsided by Iraq. Get a clue.
And you are right...stay the course...keep on searching for the WMDs...Oops...GWB ordered to NOT look for them anymore(how long ago?)...did you know that?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:30 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,974 times
Quote:

Mr Rush Limbaugh has clear plan for this country...he wants it to fail...

Old 02-20-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
spoken like a used car salesperson...

Love the logic behind your post!

Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
...figures why Dubay invaded Iraq...it does make a lot sense...

Say no to drugs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies