Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Okay, Ms/Mr. Vague. Where's the post by someone saying they would kill a PERSON who threatened his pet????

Is this the start of a rant about California and Mass?
Any person with a brain knows that killing a person who is threatening your pet is not a legal DEFENSE IN ANY STATE IN THIS COUNTRY!

You have heard of Death Row, haven't you?

So you equate love with spending money on your cat......hmmmm.......rosebuds and money, huh. Why don't you ask this question about the law on the Politics forum where you are more likely to get a more definitive answer?
I remember last year a Texan guy killed two people in defence of his neighbors TV and laptop. Two burglars broke into his neighbors home and he shot them dead when they were coming out. If you can kill for your neighbors laptop, I am sure you can kill for a pet if the circumstances are right. Pets are considered property, and apparently it is OK to kill in order to defend your property.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:22 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Puuuleaaaase... do you really think Californians would allow murder, even for something like this?? We are a LIBERAL state, and last time I checked, the liberal folks generally are less murder-happy. So where on earth would you get such an idea? And no, I would not be able to KILL a human for threatening my animals - beat them senseless, perhaps, but not murder.
Besides that,my Blue Heelers wouldn't take the threat none to lightly themselves either and the hunter might become the hunted in one of THEIR games

Old 02-25-2009, 04:24 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I remember last year a Texan guy killed two people in defence of his neighbors TV and laptop. Two burglars broke into his neighbors home and he shot them dead when they were coming out. If you can kill for your neighbors laptop, I am sure you can kill for a pet if the circumstances are right.
Finn,I do remember that case.....He didn't even go to jail for the interview if I remember correctly.

493 posts, read 665,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I just read a post by somebody who says he could.

I love my cat dearly. I have spent money on her. I would probably spend a lot of money on her if I had to. I understand how people love their pets dearly. I understand how people humanize their pets.

But she is an animal.

A person is a human being.

No animal is worth the life of a human being.

I wonder if there is case law on this. The only place I could imagine something like this being allowed is California or Massachusetts.
Certainly you could, but avoiding a lengthy prison stay afterwards would be the trick

8,978 posts, read 16,561,099 times
When I was a child, I had a pet chicken. As far as I'm concerned, Col. Harlan Sanders is a mass murderer. I'm not too fond of Stewart Anderson or Jimmy Dean, either. Don't let the guileless 'Country Boy' manner fool you..these guys are cold-blooded killers.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Puuuleaaaase... do you really think Californians would allow murder, even for something like this?? We are a LIBERAL state, and last time I checked, the liberal folks generally are less murder-happy. So where on earth would you get such an idea? And no, I would not be able to KILL a human for threatening my animals - beat them senseless, perhaps, but not murder.
Forgive me. I love California. I've been there many times to visit, but it does seem like so many unexpected legal decisions come from the courts out there.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
"Could you kill a person who threatened your pet?"

Republican or Democrat?

Just kidding...

Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,532,889 times
I frankly thought there would be a few like the man in the hawk/squirrel thread who would say they could be capable of killing a person who was attacking their pet.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:33 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,561,099 times
I had an uncle who was on medication for psychotic episodes. His insurance quit paying, the pills ran out, and he became convinced he was a chicken. The family considered hospitalizing him, but decided against it, as we were poor and needed the eggs.

But we NEVER considered killing him.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:33 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,148,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Okay, Ms/Mr. Vague. Where's the post by someone saying they would kill a PERSON who threatened his pet????

Is this the start of a rant about California and Mass?
Any person with a brain knows that killing a person who is threatening your pet is not a legal DEFENSE IN ANY STATE IN THIS COUNTRY!

You have heard of Death Row, haven't you?

So you equate love with spending money on your cat......hmmmm.......rosebuds and money, huh. Why don't you ask this question about the law on the Politics forum where you are more likely to get a more definitive answer?
Take it easy on him,he's a REPUBLICAN so that should excuse his weird comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies