Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:22 AM

358 posts, read 472,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You're calling Bush God?
Potus= President of the United States. God? What the hell are you talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 09:40 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
Potus= President of the United States. God? What the hell are you talking about.

Quote:
Ike, Rita and Katrina
From the hands of Bush to the land of the people!

Old 02-27-2009, 12:13 PM

358 posts, read 472,362 times
Nice try, but while I think of you as logical obviously you do not think of me in the same way. Texas is just now receiving some payments for the post Rita clean up. The Bolivar Peninsula has the debirs if 10's of thousands of houses piled up from IKE. This is a largely federal responsibility. So far, no help.

Texas was, as the Federal Government, left in deplorable financial shape after W. Perry, in fine Republican form, balanced the budget by stealing highway funds, denying medical insurance to poor kids and so forth. He did get it done, however. We were looking forward to a substancial surplus now we are 40 billion down.

I do not think any sane individual holds a politican responsible for a natural disaster, he/she is held accountable for the decisions made just before, during and after. Decision making was/is not a strong suit for W. He was the worst natural disaster for our country in modern times.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:43 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Bush was outstanding. Only a few things keep him from being a top 5 president, and ironically, those things involved partnering with Democrats.

Great achievements:
1) Got us out of two recessions
2) Got us through 9-11
3) Protected America from terrorist attacks after 9-11, probably the most dangerous period in history.
4) Nominated outstanding supreme court and lower court justices and judges
5) Turned a dictatorship in Iran into a free Democratic partner.
6) Honored human life at every turn
7) Helped us enjoy the highest stock market and lowest unemployment in history until the Democrat Congress wrecked both.
8) Brought honor, decency, and morality back to the White House
9) Brought a great religious influence to the presidency.

Mistakes which keep him from the highest orbit (Washington, Lincoln, Reagan)
1) Went along with the Democrat bailout last fall
2) Went along with the Democrats on massive spending on education and prescription drugs
3) Went along with the Democrats on amnesty for illegals.
Actually there were only two things that kept him from being in the top five

1) He was worthless as a POTUS

2) He was worthless at everything else he ever "semi" attempted.

Last edited by Swampmonster; 02-28-2009 at 02:59 PM..

Old 02-28-2009, 02:47 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
He doesn't know either most times...Best bet is this approach.

This message is hidden because BigJon3475 is on your ignore list

Old 03-13-2009, 05:38 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,219,299 times
Quote:
I read it but no way W rates anything but an f-. Nothing like Africa counts if you cannot take care of your own citizens. Ask the folks that suffered through Ike, Rita and Katrina. his title was POTUS not chief social worker for Africa.

You're actually talking to someone on the Gulf Coast, who has suffered through the results of many of those hurricanes. Especially Ivan, which was much worse than Ike or Rita. It was not Bush's fault that these places get hit by major hurricanes. And when you have a situation like Katrina, where all hell has broken loose, it's hard to send rescue workers in there right away. And guess what? Hurricane damage takes a LONG time to clean up. Here in Pensacola, we're finally back to normal after Ivan, which happened in late '04. Did we blame our problems on Bush or anyone else? No. We live on the coast, and we need to be prepared for natural disasters like that. If NOLA's moron of a mayor would have used a couple of buses or something to evacuate people instead of send them to the Super Dome, they would have been much better off. You can't force people to evacuate somewhere, and if things get bad, you're risking the fact that you may be on your own. That was not the fault of Bush, and he gets WAY too much criticism for that.

I agree that his main job is to protect and serve the citizens of the US, but good deeds in other countries should not go un-noticed. If Obama did things like that, the whole world would be praising him.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:42 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
As a republican I was very disappointed with George Bush especially after 2004. No leadership, no vision, no take charge and kick butt. Essentially he signed everything that came past his desk and hardly wielded the veto pen or not enough to my liking.

It will be interesting to see over the decades how he is seen in retrospect. Presidents like Lincoln and Truman were not appreciated at the time and as time went by things change.

I do give him credit for the tax cuts which pulled us out of the Clinton recession and tech bust and I give him credit for taking to the bad guys after 9/11.
I ditto that, for the most part. He spent way too much. But now, what do we see Obama doing?

Old 03-13-2009, 06:11 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Actually there were only two things that kept him from being in the top five

1) He was worthless as a POTUS

2) He was worthless at everything else he ever "semi" attempted.

I thought this thread was address "Republicans" not Liberals come in here and take shots?

Old 03-13-2009, 06:16 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
What I think President Bush did right was mainly Afghanistan. He took the fight to the enemy and didn't just sit back and launch cruise missiles into the country. I wouldn't pin Iraq solely on him,his mistake was surrounding himself with people who had an agenda on Iraq. Rumsfeld and Cheney should not have pushed the war the way they did and we are paying the price for it. We were doing a solid job of hunting down Bin Laden and Al Queida only to have those resources pulled back to go to Iraq.

I also dont see why his work in Afirca is ignored. I thought LIberals like helping those that need help, yet when he does it it doesn't matter?

Old 03-13-2009, 07:07 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
I think he did a good job in the beginning, but towards the last couple years, not so much.

I voted for Bush in 00, Kerry in 04 and McCain in 08.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies