Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 11:13 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times

Advertisements

Obumbling fool isn't the real person in power, he's just the empty suit stuck on a string puppet.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:19 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Default Teleprompter goof causes Obama to thank himself for White House party

And the hits just keep on comin'.

The Obama administration seems to be trying to set records for gaffes, clumsiness, and overall klutz factor.

A while ago I compared them to the Keystone Kops. But now it's starting to look like I insulted those comparatively professional comedians by equating them to this bunch.

Apparently the people setting up the teleprompter didn't change the speech aftre Obama gave it. And when the first guest came up and started reading, it took him a while to realize he was repeating the exact words that Obama had just read to the audience.

Obama quickly came up, took the guest's place, and started reading from the teleprompter.... not realizing that the crew had finally gotten it right and had switched back to the guest's speech. He kept reading and reading, even thanking himself for inviting everyone to the party, before someone finally straightened things out.

Back when President Gerald Ford kept falling off ladders, falling down helicopter stairs etc., it was due to an inner-ear medical condition no one could help. But President Obama has already far exceeded his record for stumblebum antics.

When will this get the derisive coverage Ford got?

BTW... who on earth uses a teleprompter at a PARTY?

---------------------------------

Gateway Pundit: Obama Ends Up Thanking Himself In TelePrompter Stumble-Bumble (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/03/obama-thanks-himself-in-teleprompter.html - broken link)

Obama Ends Up Thanking Himself In TelePrompter Stumble-Bumble
Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oops.

President Obama graciously thanked himself for inviting everyone to the St. Patrick's Day party yesterday at the White House.

SKY News reported, via LGF:

A teleprompt blunder has led to Barack Obama thanking himself in a speech at the White House in a St Patrick's Day celebration.

Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen was just a few paragraphs into an address in Washington when he realised it all sounded a bit too familiar.

It was. He was repeating the speech President Barack Obama had just read from the same teleprompter.

Mr Cowen stopped, turned to the president and said: "That's your speech."

A laughing Mr Obama returned to the podium to take over but it seems the script had finally been switched and the US president ended up thanking himself for inviting everyone to the party.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

Old 03-18-2009, 11:22 AM

194 posts, read 325,872 times
LOL Too Cute Look at that face!

Old 03-18-2009, 11:24 AM

340 posts, read 704,566 times
it is George Bush's fault

Old 03-18-2009, 11:25 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,140 times
If Bush had done something like that just imagine what the dems would be laughing about.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:27 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
From the posted article:

"Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen was just a few paragraphs into an address in Washington when he realised it all sounded a bit too familiar.

It was. He was repeating the speech President Barack Obama had just read from the same teleprompter
."

From what I see, the Prime Minister read the same speech.........

Barack went back to the mike and made a joke of the switched speech by reading the Prime ministers lines, thanking everyone for attending and added comments about the free flowing bar and warned his guests not to wear lampshades on their heads in front of the cameras..

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...iqoOwD9704SE81
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...r-teleprompter
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...eprompter.html

Im sorry, but no big deal.

Last edited by plannine; 03-18-2009 at 11:57 AM..

Old 03-18-2009, 11:27 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Yes, I agree. We all know that the key to world leadership is knowing how to operate a teleprompter.

I'm not sold on Obama as yet, but childish hatefests like this thread aren't going to swing me over to your side. This is one reason why the Republicans lost, and unless they change to...I dunno...something with substance, they're going to be irrelevant for quite some time.

My girlfriend, whose vote for Obama was the first Democrat she voted for in her 48 years, has lost all faith in the party she's registered with. Stop acting like hateful, screaming, immature, crybaby sore losers; come up with some ideas, and you'll regain her vote, and maybe mine as well.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,959,819 times
OMG OBAMA IS SUCH AN IDIOT!! HE MESSED UP WHILE READING ON A TELEPROMPTER!! THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE, AND HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!! I'M SO PERFECT I COULD HAVE DONE NOT THANKED MYSELF. HEY, I MIGHT NOT BE WORING THE TELEPROMPTER AND THE PEOPLE WHO DID MIGHT HAVE ACCIDENTLY PUT SOMEONE ELSE'S SPEECH UP INSTEAD OF MINE, BUT AT LEAST I CAN TELL WHAT IS COMING UP NEXT!! RIGHT GUYS?!?! REPUBLICANS 4 LIFE!!!

That's how you all sound. Pathetic. If you're so upset at Democrats making fun of Bush, why would you make fun of Obama then? Two wrongs don't make a right kids.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,553,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Agreed.

I'm curious as to who is the "real" president?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:34 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
^ Hysterical!!!!!! Thanks for a good laugh!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies