Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 12:45 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,857,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Nobody is perfect. He has flaws just like everybody else. He doesnt know everything. Nobody does. And yes, I will lay into him the same as I have other administations, but I will give them a chance, to do something, rather then jump on every mistake and flaw from day one.

But the OP was wrong on the issue presented here. Period. Half truth.

It took more then a few verbal goofs by the previous president the earned him his high ranking as a "boob" (your word, not my choice). Mission Accomplished.
Obama has had a string of goofs and gaffes.....it isn't just about this one teleprompter incident....

Remember "57 states".....
Remember "typical white person".....
He's appointed numerous tax evaders to position in his admin.....
He royally screwed up the visit by the British Prime Minister......
On and on.....

The boy is unfortunately, not very bright.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:52 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I didn't claim you or anyone were intending to do anything. I'm only responding to your behavior. It's the Republican Party that's in trouble. Whether you or anyone else cares about that is your business.

It's behavior like this that lost the election for the Republicans. Indeed, I supported McCain until the Party took hold of his campaign. Things like "[Obama is a] terrorist!." "He's an Arab!" "He's a Muslim!" It's this type of behavior during the campaign, which is mirrored in threads like this, that lost the election for Republicans. Get it yet? You and others obviously would like to see Republicans in control. You'll never see that if Republicans don't change their behavior.

There you go again. You guys spend countless hours looking for nonsense like this OP, just so you can scream "idiot." Don't be surprised when the Republicans keep losing elections, as the majority of voters look at the Republicans and say, "What a bunch of idiots."

No, it's the country that is in trouble, get it? Unlike most Dems, I don't give a squat about a political party.

No, I want to see a conservative leader in control not a far left liberal idiot.

No again, the majority of voters are greedy non productive bottom feeders that don't pay any income tax but want more hand outs from the productive people who do. That's the hope and change they were looking for.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:53 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,780,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Nobody is perfect. He has flaws just like everybody else.
Sorry, but the detractors I mentioned, never uttered those phrases in reference to the Presidents discussed. You don't expect them to change their standards suddenly now, do you?

Or do you?

Bzzzzzt. But thanks for playing........

Old 03-18-2009, 01:13 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama has had a string of goofs and gaffes.....it isn't just about this one teleprompter incident....

Remember "57 states".....
Remember "typical white person".....
He's appointed numerous tax evaders to position in his admin.....
He royally screwed up the visit by the British Prime Minister......
On and on.....

The boy is unfortunately, not very bright.

Mission Accomplished easily tops all of those....

Old 03-18-2009, 01:21 PM

^ I agree with you.
Mission accomplished was stupid and Bush was an idiot.

But see, Obama promised CHANGE. Seems we have a new POTUS who is at least as big an idiot as Bush, if not more. That isn't change.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:24 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,692 times
Quote:
^ I agree with you.

But see, Obama promised CHANGE. Seems we have a new POTUS who is at least as big an idiot as Bush, if not more. That isn't change.

Change takes time (even for a idiot). I'll give him some time, just like I gave the previous ones.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:30 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
No, it's the country that is in trouble, get it?

Sorry, but I don't share your opinion. Get it?
Quote:
Unlike most Dems, I don't give a squat about a political party.
Good. I agree with that.
Quote:
No, I want to see a conservative leader in control not a far left liberal idiot.
Well, you're going about it in the wrong way. Stop acting like spoiled brats, and maybe people will begin to listen. Give us something of substance, rather than childish namecalling (just dropping the "idiot" from the above sentence would go a long way), and maybe people will take notice.

Quote:
No again, the majority of voters are greedy non productive bottom feeders that don't pay any income tax but want more hand outs from the productive people who do. That's the hope and change they were looking for.
You see, it's this nonsense that's keeping conservatives out of office.

I may as well reply that it's we productive workers that keep the greedy top-skimmers in their posh Manhattan apartments, but I realize that we all work together. We all contribute to the economy.

Keep it up. Keep the divisive "us vs. them" ideology, and you won't see a conservative in the White House for a long time.

At least try to adopt a populist attitude, and you may have a fighting chance. You said it yourself, "...the majority of voters..." That's who you need to convince. Telling us that we're nothing but scum isn't going to win any support.

FYI, I'm not greedy, nor a bottom feeder. I'm highly productive, and I pay plenty of income tax. The only "handout" I expect is my paycheck.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:40 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,387 times
Quote:
^ I agree with you.

He made a teleprompter fumble. Big deal. If I or anyone else I know spoke in public as much as he does, we would be guilty of the same kind of mistakes. Lots of them. But because he makes very human mistakes he is not providing the change he promised? That's not even worth consideration.

On the other hand, making up words that are not in any dictionary, as Bush often did, is a little more indicitive of an actual intellectual deficiency. Then we have McCain, who at one of his rallies, referred to the crowd as "my fellow prisoners". That is somewhat disturbing, to say the least. I'm wondering if you posted about how much of an idiot HE is, after that.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:44 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,777,917 times
The first page alone in this thread saddens me. Bunch of nonsense-speaking childish men and women.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
But because he makes very human mistakes he is not providing the change he promised? That's not even worth consideration.
You need to read the thread and understand the context instead of just taking one comment. k?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies