Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 09:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
The ability to be an effective president is not dependent upon the ability to give political speeches without the aid of a teleprompter. As someone who has a fear of public speaking, I have no issues with Obama using a teleprompter.
I sure wish I had had one of those many times in my earlier life. Come to think of it many Presidents who came along before that machine had to use notes at the podium but they did it all the same.

I watched one of Reagan's speeches this evening and was amazed to see him look down from time to time but not have his head on a swivel like Obama does. However, Reagan was an ex-actor and knew how to memorize his lines like most of us can't. When you watch some of those old men of the old days speechify like that it is amazing how well they did without actually reading the whole thing.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:21 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I sure wish I had had one of those many times in my earlier life. Come to think of it many Presidents who came along before that machine had to use notes at the podium but they did it all the same.

I watched one of Reagan's speeches this evening and was amazed to see him look down from time to time but not have his head on a swivel like Obama does. However, Reagan was an ex-actor and knew how to memorize his lines like most of us can't. When you watch some of those old men of the old days speechify like that it is amazing how well they did without actually reading the whole thing.
Yeah that Reagan was a good actor, he fooled everyone. Most still don't realize they've been duped.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
you said several times that it is unprecedented. That implies that someone is keeping track. Yet you didn't provide any proof of that.
Did you read the articles? Try it.

Quote:
Another teleprompter thread??? I'm convinced Republicans are done for a long time!!
There's all kinds of news and threads out there about obama - violating the TARP law, $9.3 trillion in deficits forecast, all kinds of things - which you obamunists give the exact same answer - ho-hum.

Quote:
They have NOTHING else.
No. It's the leftists/obamabots that have nothing else to say. The answer is always the same. See, that's where your hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty is exposed for all to see - because we all know what a hissy fit you threw when Bush was in office regarding the same kinds of issues.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:13 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Did you read the articles? Try it.

There's all kinds of news and threads out there about obama - violating the TARP law, $9.3 trillion in deficits forecast, all kinds of things - which you obamunists give the exact same answer - ho-hum.

No. It's the leftists/obamabots that have nothing else to say. The answer is always the same. See, that's where your hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty is exposed for all to see - because we all know what a hissy fit you threw when Bush was in office regarding the same kinds of issues.
OK. I read it. someone said no one else has "used it so consistently". Big deal. Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. Do you believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet? The way you take these things and run with them...

Old 03-20-2009, 10:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
OK. I read it. someone said no one else has "used it so consistently". Big deal. Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. Do you believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet?
Of course not. All you have to do is watch when he is being televised - that's all. He uses it all the time - it's fairly simple to corroborate that.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:20 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Default BO's teleprompter has started a blog----LOL

Barack Obama's Teleprompter's Blog

Old 03-20-2009, 11:22 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,707 times
Duplicate thread!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 12:45 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Uhm...I believe that is what you ALL have been doing with this Teleprompter story. Repeating it over and over again. The continuous desecting of EVERYTHING Obama does. And yes, we will continue to bring up Bush. ....................
Yes, I know you will because it's the only comeback you have. When you can't come up with a logical defense of someone, you have to go back and draw from the past.

Fine with me. What you don't understand is that we're all used to it. We read and watched and listened as you left wingers scoured for everything you could find to bash Bush about and you beat the horse until it had been dead 10 times over.

Now it's your turn. I know you can't take it. We all get that. But it's not going to stop us. Now you can enjoy the disecting, going over everything Obama does with a fine tooth comb and checking every tiny detail. Because now it's our turn.

Get used to it ... looks like that's going to be how it is for the next 4 years. Sure not the way I would have wanted it, but it's sure obvious it's the way it's going to be.

What promise from this man, what disappointment.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:42 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Nobody is perfect. He has flaws just like everybody else. He doesnt know everything. Nobody does. And yes, I will lay into him the same as I have other administations, but I will give them a chance, to do something, rather then jump on every mistake and flaw from day one. And he has made some mistakes, but what executive hasn't?

But the OP was wrong on the issue presented here. Period. Half truth. Story created without mentioning the facts of the actual event.

It took more then a few verbal goofs by the previous president the earned him his high ranking as a "boob" (your word, not my choice). Mission Accomplished.

Seriously, what has he done that hasn't been a screw up of some sort?

Old 03-21-2009, 05:13 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Yes, I know you will because it's the only comeback you have. When you can't come up with a logical defense of someone, you have to go back and draw from the past.

Fine with me. What you don't understand is that we're all used to it. We read and watched and listened as you left wingers scoured for everything you could find to bash Bush about and you beat the horse until it had been dead 10 times over.

Now it's your turn. I know you can't take it. We all get that. But it's not going to stop us. Now you can enjoy the disecting, going over everything Obama does with a fine tooth comb and checking every tiny detail. Because now it's our turn.

Get used to it ... looks like that's going to be how it is for the next 4 years. Sure not the way I would have wanted it, but it's sure obvious it's the way it's going to be.

What promise from this man, what disappointment.

Thats where you wrong, i can take it, we can take it we had not choice but to take it for 8 years with the Bush good ole boys club. I know you would LOVE to continue to look over Bush reign, but you see we can't, because this mess is his fault. So if you want to continue to focus on Obama using a teleprompter go right ahead, WE will continue to focus on Bush and the other Right Wingers crutch.

Keep disecting away,,,,We have 8 years of material that will NEVER go away....its in the record books. HAVE FUN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies