Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 07:06 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times

Advertisements

Hysterical.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:24 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Very funny! Thanks

Old 03-22-2009, 08:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

YouTube - Obama gets lost reading his teleprompter- Teleprompter-in-Chief

Poor TOTUS; even with the words right there, scrolling down the TOTUS, he screws it up.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:24 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times
Default All teleprompter threads are now here.

This thread should now hold all of the various posts concerning Obama's use of the teleprompter. Please feel free to continue your various but similar conversations on the subject here. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:30 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Thats where you wrong, i can take it, we can take it we had not choice but to take it for 8 years with the Bush good ole boys club. I know you would LOVE to continue to look over Bush reign, but you see we can't, because this mess is his fault. So if you want to continue to focus on Obama using a teleprompter go right ahead, WE will continue to focus on Bush and the other Right Wingers crutch.

Keep disecting away,,,,We have 8 years of material that will NEVER go away....its in the record books. HAVE FUN
I have a feeling you meant "overlook" not "look over", but I get your drift anyway.

And the answer is, believe it or not, no. I don't overlook Bush's administration, or Clinton's, or Bush's, or Reagan's, or any of the other administrations I have lived through. Where we are now is the sum total of all those years. You don't get to this point from just the past 8 years. You have to delve far deeper into the past and study everything that has happened to bring us to this point.

And you have to study ALL those responsible which will include, in part, the President in office. But it also includes a whole bunch of idiotic, self involved, self serving, politicians in congress who have been there so long they have blinders on about anything more than getting re-elected. They don't care about you or me.

So believe me Bush doesn't get a pass from me. I just get a little tired of Bush being brought up when you don't have an appropriate defense of something Obama does. Obama wanted this job, he begged for it, he told us he had all the answers. Now he's in there, suddenly he says "this isn't my problem, I didn't do this, I inherited this" etc., etc., etc. Well guess what, Mr Obama! You were in the Senate! You are part of this!!!!!!

The saddest part for you libbers is that you don't know how to be happy. For years you waited on the sidelines for the day you would possibly control Congress and the Presidency. That day is here. Your ship has come in. Yet instead of rejoicing and rooting for your guy, instead of defending him with proof of all the great decisions he's making (because you can't), you keep going back to President Bush and flinging the muck you always have.

It's all just so predictable

Old 03-22-2009, 04:47 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
I have a feeling you meant "overlook" not "look over", but I get your drift anyway.

And the answer is, believe it or not, no. I don't overlook Bush's administration, or Clinton's, or Bush's, or Reagan's, or any of the other administrations I have lived through. Where we are now is the sum total of all those years. You don't get to this point from just the past 8 years. You have to delve far deeper into the past and study everything that has happened to bring us to this point.

And you have to study ALL those responsible which will include, in part, the President in office. But it also includes a whole bunch of idiotic, self involved, self serving, politicians in congress who have been there so long they have blinders on about anything more than getting re-elected. They don't care about you or me.

So believe me Bush doesn't get a pass from me. I just get a little tired of Bush being brought up when you don't have an appropriate defense of something Obama does. Obama wanted this job, he begged for it, he told us he had all the answers. Now he's in there, suddenly he says "this isn't my problem, I didn't do this, I inherited this" etc., etc., etc. Well guess what, Mr Obama! You were in the Senate! You are part of this!!!!!!

The saddest part for you libbers is that you don't know how to be happy. For years you waited on the sidelines for the day you would possibly control Congress and the Presidency. That day is here. Your ship has come in. Yet instead of rejoicing and rooting for your guy, instead of defending him with proof of all the great decisions he's making (because you can't), you keep going back to President Bush and flinging the muck you always have.

Now that you have stepped down from the podium let me point out a few things.
1. Obama has been in the office for 62 days, and for the past 7 days, there have been non-stop posts degrarding him for using or as you guys put it depending on a teleprompter, but have issues when its pointed out that Bush as well as other politicians use paper speaches for the same exact reasons. Yes, we will come back when childish posts like this are made. There are more important things going on than someone using paper or a teleprompter to touch upon every point in their speach.
2. Make no mistake about it, we are STILL REJOICING at having a President that is open to change. Due to the circumstances of the past administration, he's had to take drastic steps to get the economy going. I have yet to see the Republicans come up with anything, just a bunch of B..tching and complaining.

3. Until the Republican come up with a better solution and present it to America and the President as they stated they would on March 18th, just sit back and continue to complain, make assumptions and behave like children disecting everything and anything that has NOTHING to do with getting the economy back to where it needs to be.

But typical response from someone who choose to point fingers and stand on their high horse without anything real or valuable to contribute. I hope both sides could put this crap to rest and get back to business. So i will stop slinging the "muck" as you call it once the Republicans come back with something that will work better....until then stay on the sidelines.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:18 AM

956 posts, read 1,235,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Now that you have stepped down from the podium ......................
I haven't ... I didn't. Never will.

And contrary to your personal opinion, I believe what I contribute is very real and quite valuable.

If you want to "put this crap to rest", let it begin with you.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:39 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,299,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post

Well put! Wish the left would open their eyes and read it.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:13 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times

Old 03-23-2009, 08:39 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
On the radio they call him Oprompter and I really like that name if fits him well, just as Ocopier....he copied many people incl. his formal rival John mcCain..."the fundamentals of our economy are strong".

Do we really have to deal with him for 4 years- minus the 100 something days....I'm counting down and what about counting down for Geithner.....can't be too long till he is gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies