Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:34 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
Pathetic is what it is. Did this guy even graduate hi skool??

YouTube - Obama Loses Place On Teleprompter. Ouch!
As someone who has a fear of public speaking, I can relate to Obama's need for the teleprompter and do not believe it's a reflection of his levels of intellence. I realize that presidents are held to higher standards but my concern is not whether Obama can speak off the cuff, but whether he can effectively lead our nation through this difficult period. I will reserve judgment until he's had more time in office to prove himself.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:35 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,015,659 times
why cant people be more sensible like missconnie?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:45 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,591,221 times
What happens when Obama's prompter acts up?

He might slip up and tell you what he thinks.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:51 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,643 times
Quote:
Are you insane? You think Obama prepares his speeches. LOL. You just keep on swooning. Your hero is supposed to be the great orator and he can't even read his prompters. I'm sure some prompter technician was fired for this one. Maybe you can apply.
Another triviot joins in the teleprompter brigade. Keep pounding that issue! You're doing great.

On average, America is smarter than you.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:53 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,703,499 times
Nice usage of triviot.

if the posts I've seen so far are any indication, dictionary.com should get a nice little run out of that.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:01 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,643 times
Quote:
Prove it. He just reads his prompters or you can show me different. No president has ever written his own speeches but only Obambi has relied on the prompter like this. Its a fuggin joke. You fools eat it up.
From Newsweek:

Quote:
Favreau and Obama rapidly found a relatively direct way to work with each other. "What I do is to sit with him for half an hour," Favreau explains. "He talks and I type everything he says. I reshape it, I write. He writes, he reshapes it. That's how we get a finished product

"It's a great way to write speeches. A lot of times, you write something, you hand it in, it gets hacked by advisers, it gets to the candidate and then it gets sent back to you. This is a much more intimate way to work."

Some speeches are much more the product of the candidate himself. Obama e-mailed Favreau his draft of his announcement speech in Springfield, Ill., at 4 a.m. on the morning of the campaign launch last February.

The pure hatred in you seeps out of your comments - and it stinks. You really need to wake up and join reality - because the next 8 years are just going to be one smack-down after another if you keep spewing this idiocy.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:20 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
What happens when Obama's prompter acts up?

He might slip up and tell you what he thinks.
LMAO! Good response.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:00 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Uhm thats where you are wrong. Bush is known for the long pauses and mindless grins with a twist of studdering. Of course you'll explain it away, but since you bought it up, just wanted to make sure i pointed it out that you were wrong...Don't take my word for it, i'm sure you could find 8 years worth of speeches on youtube.
So you agreed with my post then? I think we both said the same thing. But if you want to say I am wrong...go for it.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:06 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,383 times
Quote:
I agree. Obama is doing an incredible job. Incredible job of putting our country into bankruptcy. I guess your all for that. Do you have kids? I doubt it because you most likely aborted them but my kids will pay for this aholes agenda. Go hug your trees bum.
From this post I see that YOU are an enlightened "communicator", and you have every qualification to critique the POTUS. If only the country had more "communicators" such as yourself we would truly be a healthier nation.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:33 AM

749 posts, read 946,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I know it's hard and somewhat new when our president's policies are actually working, forcing you to rely on these childish antics, but Obama actually does write his important speeches.

He writes a draft then sends it to his 27 year old (maybe 28 now) speech writer who refines them. That's a heck of a lot more than most presidents.

Regarding this "pathetic" blunder, I was expecting an actual blunder when I clicked on it. Stopping, thinking for a second, and continuing strikes me as a pretty reasonable response.

Do you think Reagan or Bush or Connecticut Cowboy didn't read their speeches?

He has spoken quite eloquently and off the cuff enough to know that he, unlike Sarah Palin, can actually think and talk at the same time.

I'm not trying to make this some partisan snap, but your little attack here is childish. There was no mistake and you're desperate to find any reason that Obama isn't doing an incredible job (even if you philosophically disagree with him)

Let's unite as a nation.
If you think that bambam can think on his feet, then you haven't been watching him very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies