Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 12:55 PM

182 posts, read 103,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
bs

haha Wisconsin Medicaid Home Page

I can even show you my application last May when I applied and was denied
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 12:56 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questionwhy View Post
you are correct, however we have to pay the inflated fees that are a result of the criminal system that is in place

and if you call up a doctor and tell them you have issues and want to see them, they will deny you unless you can pay them up front with cash or have health insurance, many doctors wont even see you if you just have a credit card
The above is pure bovine scatology.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:57 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,945 times
Quote:
This thread IS NOT about "children". It is, if you read the first post, about "Young Adults" - 19 to 29
Okay, fair enough. But my basic argument remains the same. No matter who is uninsured, they should not place the burden on the American taxpayer to provide them with their insurance.

AGAIN, short-term insurance is necessary in some cases. Some people find themselves temporarily without medical insurance due to circumstances beyond their control. I think it's very important to have a safety net for these people (similar to the safety net of unemployment insurance). But I believe a person's health care is basically his or her responsibility, just like feeding ourselves, clothing ourselves, and providing our own housing. A temporary "leg up" is one thing, but a lifetime dependency is quite another altogether.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
haha Wisconsin Medicaid Home Page

I can even show you my application last May when I applied and was denied

haha

From your link:

Wisconsin’s ForwardHealth Medicaid plans for Elderly, Blind or Disabled provide health care for those who are:
  • Age 65 or older, blind or disabled,
  • With family income at or below the monthly program limit, and
  • Who are United States citizens or legal immigrants.
The Medicaid plan you are enrolled in depends on your income, assets, and type of care you need

There is nothing about being denied because you are single or without children.

Both of which would be, and is, prohibited under FEDERAL law.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:01 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
NO ONE is denied healthcare in this country. NO ONE
Greatday, get serious. It's not being denied, it's NOT BEING ABLE TO AFFORD IT!!!!! Do you understand that? Do you? Do you get it that there are people out there whose employer does not offer healthcare, do you get it? Do you understand that if your employer does NOT offer healthcare, you have to provide it yourself? Do you KNOW how much it is a month to pay for insurance on your own? Does this sink in at all for you???? Do you just not even give a s*it that there are people who desperately need healthcare but CANNOT AFFORD IT????? WTF is your problem?

Old 03-13-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
haha

From your link:

Wisconsin’s ForwardHealth Medicaid plans for Elderly, Blind or Disabled provide health care for those who are:
  • Age 65 or older, blind or disabled,
  • With family income at or below the monthly program limit, and
  • Who are United States citizens or legal immigrants.
The Medicaid plan you are enrolled in depends on your income, assets, and type of care you need

There is nothing about being denied because you are single or without children.

Both of which would be, and is, prohibited under FEDERAL law.

why dont you read down and see some of those links

If I had kids I would have qualified under one of the family plans, or if I was a women saying I was planning on having a kid I could have qualified

Old 03-13-2009, 01:04 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Greatday, get serious. It's not being denied, it's NOT BEING ABLE TO AFFORD IT!!!!! Do you understand that? Do you? Do you get it that there are people out there whose employer does not offer healthcare, do you get it? Do you understand that if your employer does NOT offer healthcare, you have to provide it yourself? Do you KNOW how much it is a month to pay for insurance on your own? Does this sink in at all for you???? Do you just not even give a s*it that there are people who desperately need healthcare but CANNOT AFFORD IT????? WTF is your problem?
Well, I, for one, DO know how much health care costs. I have had to provide my own before. And you know what? I managed. How? I made sacrifices.

Health care is a basic human necessity....like food, housing, and clothing. Too many people walk around with cell phones, and have lavish cable TV subscriptions, not to mention a refrigerator full of beer, and yet whine on about not being able to afford health insurance.

Come on now...it's a matter of priorities.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I just posted something - you are a misinformed person.

[MOD CUT/personal attack]

and I dont lie, not ever, I speak the truth whenever I talk

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-13-2009 at 07:23 PM..

Old 03-13-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
If you read, clearly, most of these threads on Healthcare - posters will say that "people are being denied healthcare" - an untrue statement -please, read clearly. I am pointing out that NO ONE is being denied healthcare as some would have you believe. That is my "problem" - people lying to you.

And, in another post - I pointed out where, the subject of this thread - 19 to 29 year olds, can get a quality health insurance policy for under $60 a month (in my area). Yet, while many CAN AFFORD that $60 a month, choose not to acquire health insurance voluntarily.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
why dont you read down and see some of those links

If I had kids I would have qualified under one of the family plans, or if I was a women saying I was planning on having a kid I could have qualified
And, if you are single with income below the guidelines, you would have qualifed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies