Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

How many people complained about the $2BILLION spent to build a baseball stadiums for millionaire players, now they want to complain about paying CEO's $112K bonuses who work for $1 a year..

How many are asking bus drives, subway operators, toll booth operators etc because most of those operating and building expenses are also on the taxpayers dime?

Give me a break!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 06:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Gd.. just because it was in some stupid contract doesn't make it right AIG promised money they didn't even have to pay something they never could have paid if they didn't get taxpayers dollars
And the government signed off on it didn't they?
That would be the same government employees that get auto raises every year that were promised them that couldn't get if THEY didn't get taxpayers $$ and were in private industry.
Why is it ok to scream about AIG and failure but not hold our government reps to the same standard? Y'all scream about people getting a bonus after letting a company fail but these bozo's in congress who have alowed our country to fail get more TAX $$$ automatically.
Justify that!

Old 03-25-2009, 08:12 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
"Some stupid contract"??? Boy, I am certainly glad you are no longer in the real estate business !

And, when the "stupid contracts" were written (you really need to go and study the time line TM - CLEARLY), there was "money".

These were not "stupid contracts" - they were LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACTS - that even the Atty General of the United States said were LEGALLY BINDING.

"some stupid contract" - dishwasher jobs for you TM!

They were stupid contracts because they were entered into KNOWING that the company was a fast sinking freakin SHip GD.. it was a flipping JOKE!!!! What the hell did they expect to pay them with?? AIR!!!!

If WE the taxpayers hadn't given AIG a dime, they never would have gotten this money...

Want to equate it to real estate.. it's like selling a house and entering in a contract with a buyer to sell the house knowing the next day a wrecking ball is going to come in and demolish it..

That GD is why the contract is STUPID

Old 03-25-2009, 08:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
They were stupid contracts because they were entered into KNOWING that the company was a fast sinking freakin SHip GD.. it was a flipping JOKE!!!! What the hell did they expect to pay them with?? AIR!!!!

If WE the taxpayers hadn't given AIG a dime, they never would have gotten this money...
Let me give you some real world lessons TM:

A) AIG was so large, the fact is, they could not be allowed to fail. That is a fact.

B) When AIG's problems first came to light, Congressmen Barney Frank and Senator Chris Dodd, were told to basically hire people to stop the bleeding and take over certain assets and dispose of other assets. And they did.

Frank and Dodd negotiated and hired people (this is our Government TM) to do certain jobs regarding AIG for $1.00. $1.00 TM. They were told (in the "stupid contract") that if the goals that were set were met, they would get these bonus's. These people were told this BY OUR GOVERNMENT.

These people did the job they were hired to do - and now, our Government wants to renege on the contract? I don't think so.

Put yourself in these people place: You were hired and told if you did the job - you would get so many $$$'s. You did the job. Then you are told - "Oops, it was a stupid contract so, we are not going to pay you".

What are you going to say - "oh, that's OK". Come to think of it, you might

Old 03-25-2009, 08:34 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,849,020 times
Quote:
Let me give you some real world lessons TM:

A) AIG was so large, the fact is, they could not be allowed to fail. That is a fact.

B) When AIG's problems first came to light, Congressmen Barney Frank and Senator Chris Dodd, were told to basically hire people to stop the bleeding and take over certain assets and dispose of other assets. And they did.

Frank and Dodd negotiated and hired people (this is our Government TM) to do certain jobs regarding AIG for $1.00. $1.00 TM. They were told (in the "stupid contract") that if the goals that were set were met, they would get these bonus's. These people were told this BY OUR GOVERNMENT.

These people did the job they were hired to do - and now, our Government wants to renege on the contract? I don't think so.

Put yourself in these people place: You were hired and told if you did the job - you would get so many $$$'s. You did the job. Then you are told - "Oops, it was a stupid contract so, we are not going to pay you".

What are you going to say - "oh, that's OK". Come to think of it, you might
Your envy is as pathetic as I've ever seen..

Old 03-25-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Your envy is as pathetic as I've ever seen..
Envy? What specifically am I envious of?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Envy? What specifically am I envious of?
These corporate fat cats...I happen to host many of their meetings and know what they're all about.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
These corporate fat cats...I happen to host many of their meetings and know what they're all about.
And, this makes me envious, exactly how?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
And, this makes me envious, exactly how?
Your envy is obvious. The way you defend "these" SCUMBAGS regardless of the situation. Your always whining and crying about your tax dollars except when it goes to these guys. I feel sorry for you when its time to answer to your god.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Your envy is abvious. The way you defend "these" SCUMBAGS regardless of the situation. Your always whining and crying about your tax dollars except when it goes to these guys.
Nope - all the above it total fabrications on your part or, outright falsehoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies