Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:00 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,223,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't listen to him but then I don't listen to Bill Maher either. Only thing is Maher gets away with anything he says---others don't.
It's not just Maher, it's almost every show on cable. On cable they can swear, show nutdity, profanity, extreme violance, etc.. but on regular tv they can't. Double standard I tell you. DVD's are even worse than cable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 03:19 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,203,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
It's not just Maher, it's almost every show on cable. On cable they can swear, show nutdity, profanity, extreme violance, etc.. but on regular tv they can't. Double standard I tell you. DVD's are even worse than cable.
It's not a double standard, those are "premium" channels. All the channels aren't controlled by the same entity. Not to mention that there;s nothing wrong with adults seeing that stuff, anyway. You sounded as if you were implying nudity and violence in TV are wrong.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:20 PM

690 posts, read 1,204,146 times
Im pretty sure Limbaugh and FOX news are actually liberal fronts to discredit and slander Conservatives. Its the only explanation. No 'news' outlets can actually be that bad and genuine.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:39 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,395,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Therefore, I am throwing down my gauntlet at your quivering liberal feet. I hereby issue my challenge -- the Limbaugh Challenge: Listen to the show. Not for five minutes but for several hours: an hour a day for several days. Consider what he has to say -- the real policy material under the jokes and teasing bluster. Do what your intellectual keepers do not want you to do and keep an open mind. Ask yourself: What's he getting at? Why does he say the things he says? Why do so many people of goodwill -- like that nice Mr. Klavan -- agree with him?

The mainstream media (a.k.a. the Matrix) don't want you to listen to Limbaugh because they're afraid he'll wake you up and set you free of their worldview. You don't want to listen to him because you're afraid of the same thing.

Don't believe me? Well, then, gird your loins. Gather your courage. Accept the Limbaugh Challenge. See what happens.

I dare you.

Andrew Klavan is a contributing editor to City Journal. His novel for young adults, "The Last Thing I Remember," will be published next month by Thomas Nelson.

I only put a small part of his article here, click on the link to read the full article...
Take the Limbaugh Challenge - Los Angeles Times
If I wanted to listen to a fat walrus gargle underwater, I'd visit Sea World.

Old 03-05-2012, 03:51 PM

68,353 posts, read 54,539,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Therefore, I am throwing down my gauntlet at your quivering liberal feet. I hereby issue my challenge -- the Limbaugh Challenge: Listen to the show. Not for five minutes but for several hours: an hour a day for several days.
Why?

I didn't have to eat 5lbs of liver to know I don't care for it, one bite was enough.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:18 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,546,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
I HEARD what the guy said, it was played over and over again all over the news and internet....how could someone NOT hear what he said or the manner in which he said it which was sinful and dispicable. That is what the problem was...he didn't just call her a quick name, then go onto the rest of his feeble brained show, he had to go on and on until it became more and more disgusting then he did it again the next day and actually became a PERVERT he was so excited about the thought of that young lady and what he was saying about her. That is beyond sick.

The power of the purse ALWAYS works....I've been boycotting since the 60's.....I know how well it works.
Really? Is his show hurting for advertisers? Guarantee for every one that dropped out, 10 more will be hurling themselves at him to get in. Sorry to say, but you are not the general public, and you are completely going overboard on what happened.

Go out on the street of wherever you live and ask a person if they heard what Rush Limbaugh said. I would bet 95 out of 100 have no clue what you are talking about. It is complete overreaction by companies to pander to the PC climate we live in.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:34 PM

677 posts, read 935,897 times
They say Satan is the father of all lies, well that's not exactly true. Satan will tell you the truth, that's what makes him so believable, & Rush who IMO is a spawn of Satan does the same. Rush will tell you the truth but then he will twist it, spin it, & by the time he's done he's deceived you into believing all his deceptions.

I signed a petition today with the FCC to take him off the air. The incident with Ms Fluke is just 1 of many issues I have with that devil, & frankly I'm just sick of his bs & would love to say good riddance.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:37 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,494,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Really? Is his show hurting for advertisers? Guarantee for every one that dropped out, 10 more will be hurling themselves at him to get in. Sorry to say, but you are not the general public, and you are completely going overboard on what happened.

Go out on the street of wherever you live and ask a person if they heard what Rush Limbaugh said. I would bet 95 out of 100 have no clue what you are talking about. It is complete overreaction by companies to pander to the PC climate we live in.
A 60 year old man calling a 30 year old woman a "****" and "prostitute" and insisting that she post sex tapes is not simply "non-PC". It's grotesque. No decent man with an ounce of integrity would hurl that kind of abuse on any woman. Ever.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,684,880 times
If you listen to Thom Hartmann, genius, or Stephanie Miller, hilarious. Better yet, listen to them both. Let me know what you think.

I'll let you know what I think (if I make it past the next 7 minutes).

53 of Rush Limbaugh's most vile smears against Georgetown Law student Sandra Fluke - YouTube!

Edit: I had to skip to the end. Challenge ended early.

Actually, I did listen to him for my entire 10th grade year on the school bus ride home every day. That was a long time ago. I didn't like him then either. He's become considerably worse over time.

Last edited by Thegonagle; 03-05-2012 at 10:57 PM..

Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,421,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yeah, kind of like "Yes, we can!" and "Hope and change!"
Looks to me like Obama is going to win a second term as President so i guess he can,
Change is happening and hope is a good catchword for just about any situation in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies